Home General Discussion
Options

CCOM FORUM BLEND WEEKLY POLL 1: BODY

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Welcome to the first poll on our quest of creating a special blend for the forum. I am very excited about this project and look forward to everyones input. For anyone that is not familiar with what we are doing, please click HERE.

The first thing we need to decide on is body. Body is always the first things a blender thinks about as he sets out to make a blend. This vital decision will guide many decisions to come. For example, depending on how much strength we want, it will make some wrapper choices better than others. Connecticut is an excellent example of this. The flavor of a connecticut wrapper is very subtle and if you mix it with ligero fillers, you can drown out the flavor quickly. Body and flavor have a funny way of interacting with each other. Often times, smokers confuse body and flavor when in fact they are very seperate and one can ruin the other if not treated carefully. To be specific, body refers to the weight of the smoke on the palate (strength) and is something you sense or feel rather than taste. So at this point, go with your gut and what you like. There are many tobaccos we will be able to choose from no matter what body or strength the group decides. Welcome to your first glimpse of the process that is blending!

Here Are The Choices
Mild
Mild - Medium
Medium
Mediu- Full
Full

I would like to ask everyone to cast only one vote. We will keep this up until Monday 4/13/09 before switching to the next poll. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions and explain why you are making the choice you are making. I would love to hear eveyrones thoughts and ideas!

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    My vote goes for medium.

That way, if you prefer light it won't be too heavy and if you prefer full, it will be a little light but won't be a turnoff to the less experienced members of the forum.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm going to cast my vote for Medium. I like a good strong cigar as much as the next guy, but I also like a really flavorful blend, I think a medium bodied cigar might let us experience the flavor better without being overwhelmed.
  • Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    My vote goes for a medium/full. I love a full bodied cigar, however in light of other posts it would be a good idea to at least tone it down a bit for everyone.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    My vote goes for medium.

That way, if you prefer light it won't be too heavy and if you prefer full, it will be a little light but won't be a turnoff to the less experienced members of the forum.
    Ron made the exact statement I would have, While there are many experienced smokers that enjoy FULL bodied cigars, the less experienced smoker will shy away from something with the full bodied designation attached to it. The majority of my favorites seem to fall in the Medium category. My vote is for Medium bodied as well.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I too will go with medium for both jOz3r's and rdnstn's reasons and plus Im just a medium bodied cigar kinda guy.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    My vote is for MEDIUM as well. Never much cared for mild sticks and full bodied sticks are nice after a big meal, but medium sticks I can smoke all the time and any time.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Another medium here. I think it'll be the most accessible to everyone, plus I'm still discovering my own tastes and preferences. I've tried a good number of sticks from mild to full, so this should be a good experience.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with medium as well.

At first i was thinking medium-full, but to try and get away from something that will be overly spicy or peppery i decided to go with the former.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    well... i was gunna vote medium-full because thats what many of us seasoned smokers tend to like, but im gunna have to go with FULL FULL EXTRA FULL just to make up for all of the mediums out there...

so yeah... full

(i wont complain if its medium as long as it isnt a Nicaraguan Puro....)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Medium here ....a smoke the majority can enjoy...
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    I'm going to go with Medium also. Same reason as others have said.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Im for medium as well, i dont get bored by mediums and if we went full theres a greater risk it could turn out badly
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I would have to agree with the majority and go with Medium. From a sales point of view medium can "speak" and give access to a much wider audiance.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm... this is interesting to me.

heres a thought... if everyone votes for what they think everyone will like then will anyone get what they truly want?

just a thought. I still dont have a problem at all with medium. (though im a full kinda guy)

oh... dont count me twice. HA!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Solid reasonsing from Ron and Jozer, so I'll vote MEDIUM as well. I'd be just as pleased with medium-full.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I'm going for the EXTRA full also... I know i will not get the call this time, but perhaps for future considerations or a draft pick...
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    medium, because most of my favorites are medium
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Vote for medium here as well.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm gonna cast my vote for FULL. I'm more of a fuller bodied smoker. Just my cup of tea. I enjoy medium and mild cigars as well, but Full bodied sticks is what a go to the most.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Medium
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    medium/full
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    medium-full for me
  • Options
    JFJF Posts: 54

Not to sound like a parrot, but Medium to Medium-Full would probably be ideal - maybe an oversized vitola could be rolled for the full-body smokers as a compromise (I mean like 6x60, nothing too ridiculous).
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Medium Full for me.
  • Options
    medium full is my vote
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Since all these other yahoos voted for medium to medium full, I'm voting for Mild-Medium.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    medium-full for me
    +1 here
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am going to vote for medium/full. I started out smoking mild cigars, but I have now progressed up the ladder so to speak.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I am going to have to go with Medium-Full on this one.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I vote for medium-full. I think this will be strong enough to please the fuller body aficianados out there as well as everyone who enjoys less body if it is smooth and balanced. Going with full-on medium runs the risk of being too mild for some so I say go stronger and make it smooth.