Options

What does everybody do for a living?

Comments

• Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    HERE'S MY INFO AND BACKGROUND

Smoke=Fire:
    Good night Chesty, wherever you are
    The reincarnate of Chesty was recently found....

Tough cat = Chesty Puller+Dan Daly+Smedly Butler
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Smoke, where have you been? Imagine its a busy time of year for you?? Hows that PVC protect a stick working for you?
    Well, I have not been on fires, but I am temporarily assigned over in Idaho at the moment. The PVC humi works great though. I don't have to worry about a thing with that. I'd highly reccommend one to folks if you enjoy hiking or backpacking and smoking a fine cigar when you get there ;)

I have been ghosting more than posting of late. But the good news is, since I am away from home 5 nights a week, I have been enjoying my humidor a heck of a lot more regularly...almost every night. And I don't even have to go outside if I don't want, just set up the fan in the window :D

Almost time to buy more cigars. Aww hell, who am I kidding, it is always time to buy more cigars :P
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    You should sell those things or trade them for a few good cigars at least. Glad to hear you are enjoying some cigars in potato country. QUit ghosting and post man! And I agree it is always a ggod time to buy cigars, I try to at least once a week ;)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think it's time for me to lay off buying for a while. That new humi is already alarmingly full.
  • Options
    I now have a fridge-a-dor. So if anyone has a problem being full I'd gladly take them off you hands, lol. Seriously though urby, thats what tupperware is for.
  • Options
    Yeah, I hear you, but seriously, I've gotten myself pretty well stocked up for a bit. I'm in the CotMC, so I'll still get some new ones that way, but no more major purchases for a while. (Unless I just can't resist.) I mean, I've burned through some serious coin in the past couple of weeks, getting set back up. New humi, Oasis, lighter (I must've eaten my old torch), cutter (ditto), ashtray, beads, and quite a few cigars so I'd have enough to let some rest a while.

How do you plan to use your fridgador? Put your cigars in it loose, or keep them in humidors or boxes, and put those in the fridge?
  • Options
    For now I'm going to put the humidors in side it with the temp at 65. Eventaully I'm going to put the oasis in there and line the whole thing with cedar and make cedar shelves and make it a temp controlled humidor in and of itself.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    You should sell those things or trade them for a few good cigars at least.
    I smell a new thread idea ;) But then C.Com might boot me for drumming up business on their site :P
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan, smoke, but I'm still new enough here that I don't know how uptight our hosts get about that kind of thing.

Nice project, maddy. I'm thinking about getting some balsa wood from a craft store and making kind of a little fence around my Oasis.
  • Options
    May I suggest using spanish cedar instead of balsa? Most B&Ms will give you old cigar boxes.
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought about that. Balsa is so easy to carve, though.
  • Options

I am in the Army; 15 years now. I work as a Network Admin/Computer repair type stuff.

And for my bretheren in the Corps.. Just remind everyone that there are only TWO branches of military in the US... The Army and Marine Corps!

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I rob banks for a living
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I rob banks for a living
    Jackin' up banks. I can see where a man would derive a whole lot of pleasure and satisfaction from that.
  • Options
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    I rob banks for a living
    Jackin' up banks. I can see where a man would derive a whole lot of pleasure and satisfaction from that.
    Modern-day bank-robbing is actually pretty boring. Not like you'd see on TV or in the movies. However, just like in the old days, the stupid crooks are the ones that take the most money.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Guys, once again CODEWORDS are a must in these delicate situations.. Such as.. I help the Amish raise barns..I sponge bathe the elderly at a nursing home...or I'm just a singer in a Rock and Roll band...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Guys, once again CODEWORDS are a must in these delicate situations.. Such as.. I help the Amish raise barns..I sponge bathe the elderly at a nursing home...or I'm just a singer in a Rock and Roll band...
    What I meant was that I clean the portraits of former presidents.
  • Options
    Cleanin' the portraits of former presidents. I can see where a man would derive a whole lot of pleasure and satisfaction from that.
  • Options
    And then bartering those portraits for goods and services..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I am a manager of Best Buy here in wisconsin. Not making money hand over fist, but that will come in time. Still enough money to enjoy the finer things in life, baseball games, good beer and now a fine cigar

-Nate
  • Options
    Dude that's a sweet job.. Being around all the electronics, computers, big screens, sound systems, all day. I would spend my whole check ( except for cigar money ) right in the store.. Plus the discounts....Nice.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Dude that's a sweet job.. Being around all the electronics, computers, big screens, sound systems, all day. I would spend my whole check ( except for cigar money ) right in the store.. Plus the discounts....Nice.
    Ok, i will admit that being around electronics all day would be sweet, but I would go nuts dealing with half of the staff. No offense Lasabar, but it seems most of the people at the Best Buy I last went to were partially retarded and not helpful whatsoever, not to mention the department manager seemed to get a kick out of jerking me around and delaying me in my purchase, which was coincidentally the last one I'll be making at a best buy if I can help it....again, no offense, I'm sure its not indicative of all Best Buys.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Ok, i will admit that being around electronics all day would be sweet, but I would go nuts dealing with half of the staff. No offense Lasabar, but it seems most of the people at the Best Buy I last went to were partially retarded and not helpful whatsoever, not to mention the department manager seemed to get a kick out of jerking me around and delaying me in my purchase, which was coincidentally the last one I'll be making at a best buy if I can help it....again, no offense, I'm sure its not indicative of all Best Buys.
    did that manager smell like cigars? hmmmmmmm?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    did that manager smell like cigars? hmmmmmmm?
    LMAO
  • Options
    Hey Nate, I think Kuzi is picking on you !! Good one Kuzi... I am sure this is a complete coincidence, have you ever met a cigar smoker who was not good natured ??
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Hey Nate, I think Kuzi is picking on you !! Good one Kuzi... I am sure this is a complete coincidence, have you ever met a cigar smoker who was not good natured ??
    I've met machine manufactured dog-rocket smokers who were **** by nature... Backwoods... HA!
  • Options
    Well I bet thay are not members of our fine group... We shall not allow the ill mannered amongst us!! ( BURP ) excuse me..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    there are cigar snobs out there. They read too much CA and dont hang out with the cool people here at cigar.com.
  • Options
    So true.

Let's leave a flaming bag of poo at their door.
  • Options
    Hey Kuzi. You must have seen the cigar review section of that magazine, I use to get suggestions from that forum based on their ratings I would alway try any cigar that I could get my hands on with the exception of the obvious Cubans that scored 88 or higher. For some reason that was my cutoff. And it worked for a while. They had some good interviews with cigar makers from time to time, and celebrity interviews, but soon it was all advertisement for watches and airplanes and cars and 2000 dollar suits, and wine, it lost track of what is started out being back what, 1994 Or maybe I just lost interest in the magazine. I get more dependable reviews right here.