Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What does everybody do for a living?

13»

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its no longer about cigars. its about rich people toys with a few cigars at the end. i just dont relate to CA. Im never going to buy a $3000 watch, im not going on world vacations every summer. My car is not worth more than 100K. I cant think of a good reason to buy a $600 bottle of wine. I dont golf. when they talk about celebs its never anyone that i like, and they dont talk about what cigars they like or what got them into cigars. Its not a cigar magazine. Its a very high end mens magazine.

Im just a regular guy that wants to learn as much as i can about cigars.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Dude that's a sweet job.. Being around all the electronics, computers, big screens, sound systems, all day. I would spend my whole check ( except for cigar money ) right in the store.. Plus the discounts....Nice.
    Ok, i will admit that being around electronics all day would be sweet, but I would go nuts dealing with half of the staff. No offense Lasabar, but it seems most of the people at the Best Buy I last went to were partially retarded and not helpful whatsoever, not to mention the department manager seemed to get a kick out of jerking me around and delaying me in my purchase, which was coincidentally the last one I'll be making at a best buy if I can help it....again, no offense, I'm sure its not indicative of all Best Buys.

It seems everyone knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone who had a bad experience with Best Buy... I don't mind it at all for it is the number 1 electornics retailer in the world with stores in Canada, Puerto Rico, and China. With that much exposure, even if customer dissatisfaction is at 5% that's still a helluva lot of people.

As for my stance, each store is it's own entity and has it's own character. At my store my employees are taught to look at the customer's POV. (i.e. even if they are standing around talking about work, or coaching each other I ask "Tell me which of these customer's that can see you guys grouped together can tell me that your conversation is about work NOT personal and that YOU don't want to help them?") That seems to make a huge difference in the fact I have people tell me they drive past THREE Best Buy's to come to my store, so I guess though to each his own in retail, and some have different focuses than others.

Tell ya what... if you ever make it out to Wisconsin stop by my store, I'll be sure to take care of you, or at least give you a nice discount :)

Nate
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lets see, I live in Illinois, but also have a house near Wisconsin Dells. So if I should need something while I'm there what town would I have to go to ?? either way You are only a Churchill away...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Lets see, I live in Illinois, but also have a house near Wisconsin Dells. So if I should need something while I'm there what town would I have to go to ?? either way You are only a Churchill away...

I'm right off if I-94 West of Milwaukee, nice prominent town called Delafield.
  • Options
    I do know where Delafield is.. A friend of mine in High School had a family summer home there.. It is a very nice part of your beautiful state..Were you effected by the storms last week that moved through. In Reedsburg thre was some pretty bad flooding but did not get the house.. mostly local business' took the worst hits..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I do know where Delafield is.. A friend of mine in High School had a family summer home there.. It is a very nice part of your beautiful state..Were you effected by the storms last week that moved through. In Reedsburg thre was some pretty bad flooding but did not get the house.. mostly local business' took the worst hits..

The only way we were affected in Delafied was the storms kept people away from our store, and one leak in the Car Installation Bay had to be managed... other than that we got away scott-free... One more reason to light a great cigar and be thankful...

Nate
  • Options
    Well the people should be coming back now, it's been beautiful in the midwest all week long. Now that being said we will probably get storms for the weekend. Booo..
  • Options
    P.s. check your PM Kaspera
  • Options
    Headshrinker in private practice-psychotherapist in particular. BTW I can't relate to CA either. I do read the reviews but the rest of the mag is just over the top.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well trip you must not be a very successful head shrinker I mean what kind of CA reading Shrink doesn't have a private jet. LOL, I think I bit my tongue on that one.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    tripledeadheat:
    Headshrinker in private practice-psychotherapist in particular. BTW I can't relate to CA either. I do read the reviews but the rest of the mag is just over the top.
    Oh, good. We need one of those around here. Welcome, trip.
  • Options
    urbino:
    tripledeadheat:
    Oh, good. We need one of those around here. Welcome, trip.
    Hey Urbi, there will be no shortage of work if he sticks around this forum for very long.. He will paint most of us with one brush... the " you are all nuts !" brush. Except for me , because I enjoy horse racing !! and we are brothers of the Daily Racing Form...
  • Options
    Therapist's pet.
  • Options
    DocTDocT Posts: 6
    I see we have a nice range of occupations here. I'm an engineer for a satellite manufacturing company. These satellites are used for GPS, DirecTV, Sat phones, cell phones, etc. Basically, these are just your normal commercial broadband communication satellites running from baseband and up.
  • Options
    Very cool, Doc. And welcome!
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I'm an technician, mainly electronics and telecommuications. Right now I am a Field Service Rep in Iraq working on RF equipment for the Marines.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm a full-time student, working on a degree in Political Science with a minor in English. I've had to take some time off because of financial stuff, but I'm heading back in the fall.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Therapist's pet.
    Don't be a hater!! <;{
  • Options
    Hater? Is that a psychiatric term. I hear it a lot these days, like it's a new diagnosis.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    Hater? Is that a psychiatric term. I hear it a lot these days, like it's a new diagnosis.
    I don't believe it's origin is from the psychiatric field but I too hear this all the time.. " Don't be hatin', or" your just a hater.." also very popular in the rap/hip hop songs that every kid with a car plays to loud..
  • Options
    I think 'hating' means something like 'I don't want to hear the truth' or 'stop making me look like the idiot I am'. Either way its annoying.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    I think 'hating' means something like 'I don't want to hear the truth' or 'stop making me look like the idiot I am'. Either way its annoying.
    Okay, Andy I just got the answer from a 15 year old, It means don't speak negatively about something... That's what I'll go with .. Annoying - I agree..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont hate on the way ghetto people talk.

Keepin it reeeeal fo'sho'
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    dont hate on the way ghetto people talk.

Keepin it reeeeal fo'sho'
    That would never happen.. I work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyles..
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a surgeon’s practice dummy. I’m also a scientist specializing in converting bourbon or scotch to urine. 

But then, you’ve all heard those so why am I even posting this?  :#
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't being able to support my cigar hobby, it's supporting my other hobby of collecting silver coins...

I'm in FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) at a F100. Basically, I'm responsible for the budgeting, financial analysis, and forecasting. I do a bit of corporate strategy too.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Rebuilt the swivel attachment on the bucket, replace the end plate, replace the bottom of the bucket, about 4 hours of h a r d f a c e  welding and this **** is done. We may even get another 10 years out of it.

Omfg ccom! Seriously???
    H a r d f a c e is censored???????
    It’s to protect the sensitive ones...they might be offended LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.