Home General Discussion
Options

What was your first cigar?

Post your first cigar!

Even though my first smoke was an unflavored Swisher Sweet (that was in a cardboard box for a few months =/), my first real cigar was a CAO Criollo Pampa.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    Post your first cigar!

Even though my first smoke was an unflavored Swisher Sweet (that was in a cardboard box for a few months =/), my first real cigar was a CAO Criollo Pampa.
    About 16 years ago I smoked my first cigar.. A Montesino by Fuentes.. Still enjoy them, a fine cigar that opened the door of quality Cigars for me.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    First cigar was a Swisher Sweet when I was 14. First real cigar was a Fuente when my daughter was born just over 18 years ago.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Acid - Kuba Kuba - By Drew Estate
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    brsmith21:
    First cigar was a Swisher Sweet when I was 14. First real cigar was a Fuente when my daughter was born just over 18 years ago.
    same here, but with out the daughter part, and the 18 years also.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Fuente Cameroon. I was one of the lucky ones.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    First real cigar was an Ashton classic...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Can't say I remember, but it was probably one of the cheaper Fuentes or an Upmann. Possibly a Dunhill.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Can't say I remember, but it was probably one of the cheaper Fuentes or an Upmann. Possibly a Dunhill.
    That's quite a stretch in probably...And Dunhill as a starter cigar...Start big I quess..
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Those are the ones I can remember that B&M having a lot of back in the day.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Puros Indios pyramide #3 maduro on a cruise to Mexico. I was too drunk to remember the cigar, but I know I liked it. Haven't looked back since.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Can't quite remember what or when my first cigar was, but the first one I smoked before I got really into cigars was a Hoyo De Monterrey. Oddly enough I first got into smoking with pipes. Never really liked cigarettes.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Romeo y Julieta churchill en tubo, bought by the wife. She's really to blame for all of this now.
  • Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    CAO MX2 is the first that i remember when they first came out
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    When I was 17, I had an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story with a girl from my high school that I had a *major* crush on.  We made out later that night.  That probably explains why the Hemingways are my favorite cigars of all time.

I paired it with some Crown Royal on the rocks that I stole from my dad's liquor cabinet.  That might explain why I like a good scotch with my cigars.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Arturo Fuente Brevas churchill. Both me and my best friend got one to celebrate graduating early, and damned if we didn't smoke those down to the nub in the cold ass January weather.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    First cigar was an Astral i picked up and smoked in Jebel Ali in the UAE on a port visit. The one that got me interested was a RP Vintage 90.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am thinking either a Garcia Vega or a black and mild. Not sure what my first "REAL" cigar was. Maybe a Don Diego Baby.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not sure... probably a macanudo... *shudder*
  • Options
    SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    I started on Partagas #1
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    No idea..... I smoked cigarettes for a long time and quit once my wife got pregnant. About a year after I quit a family friend gave me a cigar as a Christmas gift. I don't remember what it was, but I enjoyed it immensely. Shortly after that I bought my desktop humidor and purchased a few cigars from here. Now I average 1-2 cigars a week (weather permitting) and average around 300 sticks on hand.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im not sure... probably a macanudo... *shudder*
    I would have to say that I am in the same boat. My first real cigar anyway. I had some swisher sweets while camping, also some other cigar(s) or cigar/cigs that came in a sealed almost like them big league chews (bubble gum). They were much better than the swishers and I have even had a few since (about last summer) which they still were pleasant. Not as good as say some real cigars but better than anything else out there cigar-like. Another one of my first cigars was a partagas black and gurkha gran reserve. Both I still like to this day.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    My mom bought me a couple as a stocking stuffer, because I had been saying I wanted to get into them. She couldn't remember what they were, so I'm really not sure. I know the first 'real' cigar that I tried that I had bought, was a Carlos Torano Casa Torano.
  • Options
    JFJF Posts: 54

This was only about two years ago. I was visiting a friend from my undergrad days in his native St. Petersburg (FL), with a couple of other college buddies. After hitting the town and bar-hopping (St. Pete is great for this by the way, all the bars are in like a two-block area), we stumbled into a cigar bar with a tiny, up-priced selection (which I didn't realize at the time), that was nonetheless very impressive looking, just to try it.

The store-minder, recognizing my inebriated state, managed to talk me into ponying up $20 for a Diamond Crown. Now, I don't think it was worth the money, but it was a damn fine cigar for never having tried any, or any tobacco of any kind, before that. It actually wasn't until a year later that I had another cigar, when I decided to buy a small humidor and one of the 5-for-5 specials they used to do here.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Drew Estates Kahlua Torpedo .....
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Gurkha Titan from here.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm thinking my first would have to have been either a Macanudo, or a Swisher or some kind, I really don't remember for sure. But I do know that my first good premium was a Rocky Patel Vintage 92.
    That began my addiction to this wonderful hobby!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my very first cigar?? I have no idea, I was drunk. The first cigar I can remember? Makers Mark.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    Krieg:
    my very first cigar?? I have no idea, I was drunk. The first cigar I can remember? Makers Mark.

Haha.  +1.  Love it.
  • Options
    brettmanbrettman Posts: 34
    My first 'real' cigar, after all the Swishers, was a CAO Gold. And, coincidentally, I had one just the other evening as well. Tasty.
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    I believe the first cigar I had was a RP Conneticut. I smoked Rockys mainly when I first started and always keep some in the humi now.