124»

Comments

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Kilroy was here.

Kilroy
  • Options
    You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.

Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most . Don't know who coined that phrase but he must have had the past year of my life in mind .
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it was Churchill who said, "Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."

So beware, all you grammar-manglers, Sir Winston is watching......
  • Options
    "there was never a winner who wasn't a beginner" Dennis Waitley
  • Options
    If you don't like me its mind over matter . I don't mind and you don't matter .
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Could the young but realize how soon they will become mere walking bundles of habits, they would give more heed to their conduct while in the plastic state. We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, and never to be undone.

William James
  • Options
    The greatest minds are capable of the greatest vices as well as of the greatest virtues.

Rene Descartes
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You look like I need a drink.

T-Shirt
  • Options
    Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.

Aristotle
  • Options
    "An election is coming. Universal peace is declared and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry."

T.S.Eliot
  • Options
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm .
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." Sir Paul McCartney

I think the same could be said for hate, apathy, or any emotion/feeling between two or more people for that matter.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    lonewolf2011:
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet
    I say this one all the time when my wife questions my paranoid outlook in shady situations and I am making my trigger finger at the ready.
  • Options
    As you slide down the banister of life may you have a splinter of happiness in the end !
  • Options
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.

Winston Churchill
  • Options
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Mark Twain
  • Options
    Even if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and have all faith, so as to remove mountains, if I don't have love, I’ll be not happy.

Bible, Corinthians
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    “There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it hardly becomes any of us to talk about the rest of us.”
    ? G. W. Cooke