Comments

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Old Shenandoah Bootlegged to start the day
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Hiya Amos,
    Its a blend I get at my local Store. What is Magnum Opus? Pm me your addy, I have a couple of boxes goin out next weekend :)

Magnum Opus is another of Russ's blends from that other site. Very Balkan / English blend, which is what I usually like. I was just curious as to whether the Lord William was an Aro, English, Oriental, or what. Wondered what your preferences were. Pipe tobacco is so diverse.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    flowbee:
    Hiya Amos,
    Its a blend I get at my local Store. What is Magnum Opus? Pm me your addy, I have a couple of boxes goin out next weekend :)

Magnum Opus is another of Russ's blends from that other site. Very Balkan / English blend, which is what I usually like. I was just curious as to whether the Lord William was an Aro, English, Oriental, or what. Wondered what your preferences were. Pipe tobacco is so diverse.
    I have been veering away from the Aromatics, I am currently trying some Dunhill tobaccos. The Royal Yacht is fast becoming a favorite of late. I do also love the Frog Mortons Cellar, which is a Latakia blended with their own Whiskeys. Pm me you addy, I will send you a sample of what I am messing with. Piping is a very relaxing part of the tobacco hobby, for me anyway. I do love cigars, but this seems a little different at times
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C&D Bayou Morning. nice but could use a bit more spice
  • Options
    DE Gatsby Luxury Flake, good stuff.
  • Options
    Dunhill Royal Yacht!!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Lane HGL and Captain Black last night.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    G&H Kendal KY.
  • Options
    Esoterica Woodbridge, very interesting.
  • Options
    Bad interesting?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Bad interesting?
    No, I think I am going to like this one, it reminds of the Blackwoods a little bit without the metallic taste. With 12 different Virginia strains there is a Lot going on here, it's going to take quite a few bowls to figure it out.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    A non-descript black cavedish with barley.
  • Options
    Crisius:
    A non-descript black cavedish with barley.
    Barley?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Capt. Black
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom said:
    I'm certain that eventually, some crack head will find this thread via a google search....

• Options
    I was getting low on several blends, and decided to mix them all together.  Approximately equal portions of Cornell & Diehl's Pirate Kake, Peter Stokebyes English Luxury, and #24 Nougat, along with Sutliff's Balkan Luxury.  Trepidatious, I lit the first bowl with caution and hopeful expectation.  It is fantastic!  I can't believe how good it is.  I haven't always been so lucky.  Happy right now, though.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some molto dulce this morning.  It did well after dryng out.  

Speaking of mixing blends, now I'm having some Trout Stream (butterscotch aro with Va and Cav) mixed with Larry's blend (lat heavy).  Sweet and smokey.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options

C&D Oriental silk

• Options
    Lane HGL
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Pipa Vanilla Cavendish
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some We Three Kings Action and I am excited about this one

• Options
    Looks good. Tell us what ya think. 
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    totally want those for christmas!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The We Three Kings is really good. Holiday Spirit is still the best. Have some Golden Days of Yore ordered. We Won't Go Til We Get Some from 2 years ago was ok. Strong raisin flavor and it didn't make me think of Christmas like the others do. Still good though.  

Hit some Mixture Monster and hope they rerelease it this year. Same blend in 4 tins. I have Demon and Zombie. 

• Options
    Tried some Robt. McConnell's Scottish Mixture.  Opened it last week from the tin to a mason jar, giving a little breathing space and had a bowl this morning.  I liked it.  If you're into English/Balkan/Scottish blends you'll like it too.  Nicely balanced, nothing too overpowering, burned down to the bottom of the bowl with just a couple re-lights.

• Options
    Orlik Club Mixture... good... but a bit too light for my taste.
  • Options
    brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    Sadly nothing at the moment.
  • Options
    Pipa Whiskey Cavendish
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    C&D Haunted bookshop in a Radice billiard.  C&D has very nice burley blends... on another note, I'm thinking of grabbing a tin of their autumn Evening to burn.  Never tried it and has always sounded good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Orlik Club Mixture.... its really starting to grow on me