Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Just ordered some Magnum Opus, and a new Stanwell Silkebrun pipe. I'll let y'all know how it works out.
    The package came Saturday, while I was at work. Packed the new pipe with the Magnum Opus that night, and smoked it Monday morning. The rest of the M.O. went into a mason jar. It was good, which says a lot considering just opened and brand new pipe. Very much my kind of a smoke, it bit a little hard. I expect that will resolve with a little time, both for the tobacco and the pipe. I'll try some of the M.O. in one of my English pipes soon, I expect I'll get a better experience. I love the pipe. Seems like good quality, and I like the #86 shape from Stanwell. I've smoked a couple other bowls through it, McClelland Oriental # 14 and some Dark English and it's coming along nicely.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good man.
    One God, One Truth
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Smoking a lot of Arango Balkan Supreme. Reminds me of Stokkebye's, when it was new, which I have recently smoked some aged of. Wonder if it is the same blend since I cannot seem to find P.S. Balkan Supreme any more.
    Capstan Flake Blue.
    More Arango Balkan Supreme. Good stuff and cheap. Not the best Balkan I have ever had but very good.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Navy Flake tonite
    G&H's Dark Bird's Eye.
    Yesterday I had half bowls of Lane HGL which I enjoy very much. Also some Smokers Pride Vanilla Cavendish. Which was actually very bland.
    One God, One Truth
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GL Pease Gaslight
    Going with my new Favorite Lord William!! what are you guys smoking this weekend?
    This weekend just a few blends. Five Brothers, C&D Night Train with a year on it (much better now then new), Capstan Flake Blue with 2 yrs, G&H Kendal KY and Dark Bird's Eye but are always in my rotation. Of course, a couple of cigars too.
    J.S.:
    This weekend just a few blends. Five Brothers, C&D Night Train with a year on it (much better now then new), Capstan Flake Blue with 2 yrs, G&H Kendal KY and Dark Bird's Eye but are always in my rotation. Of course, a couple of cigars too.
    Oh yeah!! Cigars definitely supplement the rotatin!!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Going with my new Favorite Lord William!! what are you guys smoking this weekend?
    I'm not familiar with Lord William, what is it?

Oh, and the Magnum Opus I got a couple weeks back is really starting to open up and come to life after a little jar time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Hiya Amos,
    Its a blend I get at my local Store. What is Magnum Opus? Pm me your addy, I have a couple of boxes goin out next weekend :)

Lane HGL.
    One God, One Truth
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    H&H Ten to Midnight. Pairing with this port so good.
    photo AF25B42A-9D21-4FA0-A0D0-B82B4C982111_zpsgxp5srda.jpg
    Captain Black Dark
    One God, One Truth
    Blackwoods flake with 11 months rest
    Stokkebye Black Cavendish
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some GL Pease sixpence. still too moist, didn't burn great. Then Frog Morton bayou.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Borkum Riff origional.
    One God, One Truth
    Got in late last night and had to settle for a bowl of Stokkeby Black Truffle, (short smoke) Loaded a bowl of DE Gatsby Luxury flake (cube cut) I'm guessing this will take 2+ hrs. to burn.
    Any suggestions for a Virginia/ Oriental blend? most of what I have is heavy on the Lat, I'm looking for a non-aro without.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    onestrangeone:
    Any suggestions for a Virginia/ Oriental blend? most of what I have is heavy on the Lat, I'm looking for a non-aro without.

Just a bit of Latakia check out Dunhill EMP, which I like. Found these which I haven't tried yet that look interesting. C&D Oriental Silk, McClelland's Tudor Castle, McClelland Pebblecut, McConnell's Oriental, Rattray's Red Rapparee, Rattray's Highland Targe.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Frog Morton Cellar
    Lane HGL again.
    One God, One Truth
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Peterson Hyde Park
    F&K Sterling Balkan 759, spicy with some sweet notes in the retro, bit of a nic kick with this one.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Pipes and Cigars monthly blend from Russ oulette, Cinnamon Roll. Pretty good, cinnamon is subdued and is a killer aromatic blend
    Jetmech_63:
    Pipes and Cigars monthly blend from Russ oulette, Cinnamon Roll. Pretty good, cinnamon is subdued and is a killer aromatic blend
    I was looking at that site, how is the club?
    Frog Morton Cellar followed by Russ's Old Glory