Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rhodesians have round shank/stems while Bulldogs shank/stems are diamond shaped.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

@Stubble said:
    WCC No. 7 in a Kharitonov.

Steve, that pipe is stunning 💯‼️

Thanks!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Neerup Pickaxe

Nice looking pipe. Very interesting.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Smoking a sample of the very low rated (Average review of 1.36 out of 4 for 14 reviews on TobaccoReviews) Dan Tobacco Holly's Non Plus Ultra in my Falcon for Falcon Friday. My sample came with a very large stem.

When I opened the bag right before smoking this sample I was hit with a strong fragrance that reminded me of the scents you might find in a club bathroom or that you'd choose as an air freshener at a car wash. Fruity and sweet but artificial and unidentifiable. The fragrance died down as the tobacco aired out while I was snapping a photo and loading the pipe.

I loaded the pipe with the tobacco, minus the stem and fired it up. The bowl held almost the full sample provided. The flavors are muted compared to the fragrance given off from the unlit tobacco. Artificial sweetness, it somehow reminds me a bit of Rattray's Exotic (Orange) Passion.

I'm not picking up much tobacco flavor under the toppings. The smoke seems to be leaving a film in my mouth and close to a tingle too. I didn't note any unpleasant flavors in the first half of the bowl, but I started picking up an unpleasant aftertaste in the finish at the half-way point. I replaced the dry ring, wiped out the humidome, and ran a pipe cleaner through the stem before continuing. The unpleasantness clarified to a metallic tingling noticeable especially on the retrohale.

I'm taking drinks of water the clean my palate and remove some of the film from my soft palate in order to continue smoking this sample which was part of the conditions of receiving it. I'm down to a third or a quarter of the bowl left and I'm regretting choosing my larger stock Falcon bowl for this task, nay chore. I feel a sinus headache coming on...