Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pipe, great tobacco.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    How was that maiden voyage @Yakster

I really like that Eldritch Pipe Strawberry. I was a bit worried that the bowl might be too small, but at least with flake tobacco it was large enough for a long, enjoyable smoke. The smoke was dry with no draw issues or issues with the bowl getting hot, early days but it appears to be a very well made pipe.

As for the OGS, I'm getting down to the end of the tin but I've already replaced it with a similar bulk, Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake, which as a light VA/PER with a nice citrus note scratches the same itch for me.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    How was that maiden voyage @Yakster

I really like that Eldritch Pipe Strawberry. I was a bit worried that the bowl might be too small, but at least with flake tobacco it was large enough for a long, enjoyable smoke. The smoke was dry with no draw issues or issues with the bowl getting hot, early days but it appears to be a very well made pipe.

As for the OGS, I'm getting down to the end of the tin but I've already replaced it with a similar bulk, Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake, which as a light VA/PER with a nice citrus note scratches the same itch for me.

That’s awesome. I love the look and color of the pipe.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Peter Heinrich's in a Denny Sauer. I believe @Stubble sent me this tobacco quite some time back, it's only improved with the passing time. Quite good.

Was not me....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Peter Heinrich's in a Denny Sauer. I believe @Stubble sent me this tobacco quite some time back, it's only improved with the passing time. Quite good.

Was not me....

Hmm, I don't do a whole lot of trading, maybe Rusty @Rdp77 ? @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 ?

I know I didn't buy it. Whoever sent it, thanks!

(I still think it was Stubble, but I have been wrong before)

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn’t me either.

Sorry, not me brother.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm...

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

It's interesting how with pipe tobacco sometimes it takes several tries to make up your mind about a blend. I rarely make a decision after just the first smoke.

Wilkes Mediterranean Nights in a Stanwell with Burundi coffee.

Capstan Gold in a Norm Triptow.