Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some McClelland Holiday Spirit to break in this Neerup beauty. 

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you rationing that stuff yet?
  • Options
    Are you rationing that stuff yet?
    I have 20 tins of Holiday Spirit plus a few Mason jars full. I'll probably smoke everything I have jarred before I crack another tin of any McClelland. 
  • Options
    Wow. I tip my hat to you fellow stockpiler
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't we have a green emoji for envy?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying out the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club "New Century" this morning.  I picked up 2 tins of this, along with some Frogs the other day while trying to get some of the last of the McClelland made.  I'd never seen this before.  Boy, do I wish I'd seen this before!  Very nice Balkan.  Similar in some ways to On the Town & 5110.  I mention this because I wonder if it may fly a little under the radar at B&M's and still be available for those of you who may be interested.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    All the pipe shops around me are wiped out. Guys even bought up all the stuff McClelland made for others like Nording
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been so crazy for me the past few weeks I finally was able to get to a weekly poker game im a part of enjoyed a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap on the ride there and heading home.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    War Horse in a Ser Jacopo Picta Picasso #04 sandblast/ 1/8th bent stem; there's one on smokingpipes but the stem is straight on theirs. 
  • Options
    Peterson's Holiday 2015 in my Cherepanov Gnom

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty's Trout Stream in a new Morgan Bones pipe.  Smokes great.  Looking forward to seeing how it colors as it ages.

• Options
    I have several unstained/unpolished pipes and enjoy how they have colored over time. Smoking one now, a Tsuge stacked billiard with some SG Lakeland Dark broken flake. 
  • Options
    Do they color from the oils in your skin or the tobacco? Or both? I have some cobs that have darkened with use but some of it must be my grubby mitts leaving marks because it can be wiped off
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haunted Bookshop on a walk 'cause I'm a looser and didn't buy any Peterson St Patrick's Day tobacco. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Just get some Irish flake and you'll be better off
  • Options
    Do they color from the oils in your skin or the tobacco? Or both? I have some cobs that have darkened with use but some of it must be my grubby mitts leaving marks because it can be wiped off
    It's both, @Captain_Call, especially on the rusticated ones. All the high nubs get dark pretty fast from handling while the wood darkens gradually in the pits.
  • Options
    That makes me more excited to get one of those bones pipes. I've been eyeing them for a while anyway
  • Options
    Smoking some C&D King Cake in a Caminetto today. Stepping up the pipe game. 
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes me more excited to get one of those bones pipes. I've been eyeing them for a while anyway
    Some cool designs too.  I got a short pot style and love it.  Smokes great.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winslow pipe from @Captain_Call ; Rattray's Exotic Orange from @rsherman24 .  THANK YOU BOTH!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    That made it move a little. You sure do take some fancy pictures @Stubble
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Having his own pipe shrine helps, or is that an altar?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    Well cellared C&D Exhausted Rooster in an Mastro de Paja Umpaul.
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Having his own pipe shrine helps, or is that an altar?
    Nice pipe holder.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I see it on the large screen of my computer, I have to say that is a beautiful pipe you got from @Captain_Call!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Windal Grove Semois in a stack billiard
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windal Grove Semois in a stack billiard
    Stack Billiard?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    ^ stack billiard--like one of these but mine is a Tsuge, tall narrow bowl, great for flakes and Virginias:
    Georg Jensen York Monopol Smooth 458
  • Options
    Pipe shapes can be awfully confusing. Where do you draw the line between a pot, billiard, and a stack? I understand one is short, one is normal and one is tall, but is there a quantitative measurement where the next category begins?
  • Options
    pots tend to be wide as well as short, Dunhill has a standard for bowl size, a search engine can probably come up with it. It's as much about ratios width vs. height....