Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.  Very smooth smoke, especially being brand new.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Coffee on the patio with Sherlock Holmes and Bing Crosby 
    Awesome! 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peterson Irish flake in my dagner poker at the street fair
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that Irish Flake is robust, almost too much so for me, but has a terrific aroma.
  • Options
    I think it's that Kentucky component of the blend. And being pressed into a very dense flake just amps it up. The crowd around me didn't appreciate my aroma. There was a good 4 foot radius of empty space around me.
  • Options
    Had a quick bowl of stokkebye luxury twist flake. Good stuff. Pretty too. Stole picture from google
  • Options
    Had a quick bowl of stokkebye luxury twist flake. Good stuff. Pretty too. Stole picture from google
    That looks like the home made chewen tobacco an old Army buddy used to chew.
    Not my thing at all, but he used to come back from leave with a shoe box full.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    I bet you could chew it. I don't think I would
  • Options
    Bob's chocolate flake in a devil acorn cob
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esoterica Black Pool in the first pipe made by Ron Smith with the help of Mike Butera and Lee Erck. 
  • Options
    Neat looking pipe
    Looks like you have a pair of Alsatians, or is one a Malinois?
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Neat looking pipe
    Looks like you have a pair of Alsatians, or is one a Malinois?
    Just pure German Shepherds. The lighter one is a plush and he was black and grey as a puppy.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started out the day with some Cornel & Diehl Joy de Vivre from their Cellar Series...good stuff, both fresh and with a little age on it. What I had this morning was from early 2014. C&D says this blend should peak in 10-14 years. 

Now I’m having a bowl of Smokers Haven Exotique

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Good stuff. Have you tried the Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake? It’s good as well

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom said:
    Good stuff. Have you tried the Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake? It’s good as well
    I have the bullseye and the navy as well. They don't get smoked nearly as often even though I have to reach past them to get to the twist flake
  • Options
    Mellow Monk in a Petersons St Patrick
    Very relaxing after a stressful day

• Options
    The new Fusiler’s Ration Special Reserve in an old Bari Squash. This stuff is great! 

• Options
    Stokkbeye's Proper English in a Dublin ..no pictures because, well, I didn't take one...
  • Options
    Started off with 4 year old C&D Oak Alley in a 60’s Comoy’s Everyman. That definitely kickstarted my day! 

Now I’m enjoying some C&D Bourbon Bleu in my new MM Cobbit. I love it

• Options
    Went off grid for a few days. Had a bowl of Balkan sasieni while I drowned some worms on Saturday. I really like the blend but it was way too hot and sunny for the latakia.
  • Options
    I mix I mixed myself in a pipe I didn’t make myself...

• Options
    Echambers said:
    I mix I mixed myself in a pipe I didn’t make myself...

@Echambers, what kind of mix was it? What did you use? I often blend tobaccos to achieve a taste that I am looking for at the moment. I’m curious to know what others do.

• Options
    Revisiting the new Fusiler’s Ration Reserve in an old GBD Medley pipe. This stuff is good fresh, but I’m really curious to see what some rest will do for the blend. 

• Options
    Hearth and home viprati in the hammock with a book. Had to net up. The blood suckers are out in droves

• Options
    Second bowl of the night. Black Irish xx in my dagner poker cob
  • Options
    Peterson Irish flake in a Peterson kapet 6
  • Options
    Cornel & Diehl Sunday Picnic in a MM Cobbit. 

For or those who have not tried Sunday Picnic, it is a great VaPer blend with Turkish Izmir to add a lively twist. I love it by itself, or mixed with an aromatic blend to add body and reduce the sweetness of most aromatics. 

• Options
    Smokers Haven Exotique in a Ben Wade Freehand. I added a dash of perique and some oriental to add some spice and body to the blend....it is AMAZING! 

• Options
    Plum Pudding with a dash of PS Natural Dutch Cavendish in a 60’s Italian freehand pipe. A very tasty start to my day! 

• Options
    C&D Mixture Monster in a Blackjack