Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokers Haven Exotique in my Tsuge Natural Briar

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    Fusiler’s Ration Special Reserve in a Stanwell. I will be buying mor of this blend when I get back to the states

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stokkebye luxury bullseye flake in the steel shanked anse cob. 
    Stokkebye luxury bullseye flake in the steel shanked anse cob. 
    @Captain_Call  I love that cob! I want one similar to that. I like all of the Stokkebye flake blends. I have some bullseye flake that’s been resting for 4 years that I need to try soon. I’m excited to see how the flavors are melding in it. 

It was made by Marcus Bruninghaus. Missouri meerschaum diplomat bowl with the wood shank removed and a hardwood plug inserted. Then a new hole was drilled to accept the steel shank opposite the plug. I think he cuts hit own acrylic bits too. The one downfall is it is epoxied together so that it doesn't come apart for cleaning. But due to the heavy cant on the bowl, it can pass a pipe cleaner but you have to pull it through with forceps. 
    Stubble said:
    Shortcut to Mushrooms from @peter4jc , Winslow pipe from @Captain_Call ...thanks fellas!!
    I might have to break into my stash of that. It's perfect for this rainy day when everything smells like damp earth
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Shortcut to Mushrooms from @peter4jc , Winslow pipe from @Captain_Call ...thanks fellas!!
    That is a beauty!
    Peterson Irish flake in my other corn cob crack pipe
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comoy's Spiced Virginia 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    That is a beautiful pipe 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Had some Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club "New Century" in my Hans Christian Andersen this morning.  
    Getting back into pipe weather.  Still warm out, but Fall's in the air. 

Just sayin'.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Finally decided to crack open a tin of the frog on the log and see if it was worth hoarding all the tins I got. It's a keeper.
    A couple of days ago I revisited the SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve...it just keeps getting better! 

Yesterday I had one of my custom lightly aromatic/Latakia  blends while enjoying some pastry and tea with the girlfriend at a one of the oldest patisserie’s in Istanbul. I wish I would have written the exact contents of that blend down...it was amazing! 

The weather was being cooperative so I rummaged through my day pack and found a Missouri meerschaum Marcus and my pouch with lane 1Q in it. It had been in there for nearly a year so I gave it a pinch test and to my surprise it was still at decent smoking humidity. So I had a little 30 minute bowl while I cleaned out my trailer. Now I'm contemplating the chemical cocktail that kept that tobacco smokeable despite being kept in less than ideal conditions for so long
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PG. I hate the stuff but it does keep the tobacco pliable. Blenders also use it as a carrier for top dressing aromatics.
     Breaking in a new Hans Christian Anderson bent billiard with some SPC Deception Pass. This is my first experience with Deception Pass, and I love it so far. It is a great VaPer blend With just the right amount of some orientals. 

I have always wanted a HCA pipe but just never got around to buying one. When I saw the amazingly low price that I could get this one for, I couldn’t resist. 

jsnake said:
    Finally decided to crack open a tin of the frog on the log and see if it was worth hoarding all the tins I got. It's a keeper.
    @jsnake what kind of pipe is that?

Il Ceppo
    McClelland 2040 Cyprian Mixture in an old Ben Wade...a great way to start a cool, drizzly October morning 

Breaking in the new pipe my girlfriend got for my birthday with some SPC Deception Pass. It’s a very good VaPer..the orientals add a little zing to the blend 

Cohiba pipe blend in an old International Selection pipe. I got it for a VERY good price, and I was not expecting much from this blend, but I can say that I am quite surprised by it. It’s a mildly aromatic, medium bodied blend with good flavor...and it produces a ton of thick smoke. Everything that I have read about it says it is a simple Virginia/Cavendish blend but I swear I can taste orientals in it...especially on the retrohale. 

Has as anyone else tried this blend?

5 Brothers in my trusty Cooper Canadian.
    Continuing the break in process on the Sahin Collection 2013 pipe with more of the Cohiba Pipe Blend. I really love the way this pipe smokes. I had never heard of Sahin pipes before I went to Turkey, but I will have more in my collection 

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mellow Monk smoked with Bing Cosby
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esoterica Margate courtesy of @jsnake

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Exclusiv Royal in a Stanwell Royal Prince army mount billiard