Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C&D Bourbon Bleu in a Comoy’s Everyman. I need to finish this tin before the move...not a problem because it’s delicious 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed up with a bowl of pirate kake from Cornell and Diehl in my Missouri meerschaum general. 75 percent latakia. Yes please!
    It's been a long time since I had pirate kake.   I'm curious to know if you rub it out a bowl at a time or the whole cake and jar it.   @Captain_Call
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed up with a bowl of pirate kake from Cornell and Diehl in my Missouri meerschaum general. 75 percent latakia. Yes please!
    It's been a long time since I had pirate kake.   I'm curious to know if you rub it out a bowl at a time or the whole cake and jar it.   @Captain_Call
    I generally leave as much caked together as I can. I just brush the edges with my finger until enough falls off to make a bowl. It needs more dry time this way but I like the tactile process of creating a bowl at a time. 
  • Options
    I generally leave as much caked together as I can. I just brush the edges with my finger until enough falls off to make a bowl. It needs more dry time this way but I like the tactile process of creating a bowl at a time. 
    That's what I did, too, but was considering jarring it when I get some again.  I may just leave it alone though, I have plenty of stuff in jars already. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Inside packing today with family helpers so I’m having a great smelling aromatic...Macanudo in an old Comoy’s 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    When we learned of the demise of McClelland tobacco last year I began to search for an alternative.   Based on the description I bought some Comoy's #11, among others.  I tried some as soon as I got it and thought, well, okay I guess, let's see what some jar time does for it.   I'm happy to say that a year later it is much improved.   Nice with a cup of coffee. 

• Options
    Just finished one of the best pizzas that I’ve ever had at a lil Italian restaurant just across from the apartment in Istanbul...having some Pembroke in a little Tsuge Natural Briar. Everything tastes better and burns a lot slower in this little pipe. I wish I had 10 more like it! 

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some McCelland Creme Caramel in the Savinelli from Brad.  Thanks @avengethis !
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Looks good
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam Gawith Lakeland Dark flake in a stack billiard, natural with a pinecone-like rustication, just marked 'Italy 001'. 
  • Options
    Had some H&H Viprati in a Nording Signature while walking the dog. For the first time in weeks it’s nice out today.

I came back to leave the dog and reload the pipe and grab a cigar to have with dinner. I love Istanbul...here you can still enjoy a cigar/pipe at most restaurants 

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC Plum Pudding SR
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    SPC Plum Pudding SR
    @Stubble I finished my day yesterday with some Plum Pudding SR. It’s my go-to on the cooler days...I love that smoky profile

• Options
    dbeckom said:
    Stubble said:
    SPC Plum Pudding SR
    @Stubble I finished my day yesterday with some Plum Pudding SR. It’s my go-to on the cooler days...I love that smoky profile
    Had my second bowlful of that walking the dogs at sunset a couple days ago.  Great stuff!

• Options
    Had a bowl of McClelland 2040 Cyprian blend from 2014...nice and smooth with plenty of the smoky Latikia that I love so much 

• Options
    dbeckom said:
    Had a bowl of McClelland 2040 Cyprian blend from 2014...nice and smooth with plenty of the smoky Latikia that I love so much 
    This made me dig out my remaining stash of 2040 and smoke a bowl of it in my new Stanwell Gilt Edge.  I'm gonna miss that when it's all gone!

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something special tonight. LOL
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    SPC Deception Pass in a big Nording Freehand. 

• Options
    Steppin' out this a.m. with some W. O. Larsen Signature in my Stanwell Gilt Edge Dublin.  The smell in the pouch reminds me of Amphora and Sir Walter Raleigh, which I used to mix together long ago.  Really, really long ago.  We'll see how this goes.  Never had any of Mr. Larsen's mixtures before.

• Options
    Steppin' out this a.m. with some W. O. Larsen Signature in my Stanwell Gilt Edge Dublin.  The smell in the pouch reminds me of Amphora and Sir Walter Raleigh, which I used to mix together long ago.  Really, really long ago.  We'll see how this goes.  Never had any of Mr. Larsen's mixtures before.
    Not bad.  Very different from my usual Latakia / Oriental mixtures, which was what I was going for.  I wanted something else, but don't care for most aromatics, especially if they're too sweet.   It was still a little moist, some tongue bite similar to the old Flying Dutchman Pipe Tobacco, but then most of what I smoke has been jarred for at least a year, so I expect it will mellow out well.  

Overall, I liked it.  

• Options
    Last night while enjoying a walk by the Marmara Sea, I had a bowl of Viprati with just a pinch of the McClellend 2040...WOW! The smoky Latikia in the 2040 added soooo much flavor to the Viprati (VaPer blend). I definitely need to find an alternative to my 2040. With dinner I had a 70/30 blend of SPC Deception Pass and Macanudo blend. That is a lightly aromatic English blend that I have grown quite fond of, and it is always a crowd pleaser 

• Options
    So yesterday I opened a new tin of Capt. Earle's Ten Russians and rubbed out a bowls worth into my little jelly-jar I use to air out fresh tobacco.  This morning I packed it into my Stanwell HCA Dublin and gave it a try.  Pretty good stuff.  A little steamy in the mouth still, and probably not a good choice for an early morning pipe, before breakfast.  Got a little dizzy.  I think that some age will make this a great tobacco for afternoon walks.  

• Options
    Enjoying a bowl of Fuliser’s Ration Special Reserve I an old Preben Holm freehand our at the park. The sun is bright, the weather is perfect, and this blend is delicious with my Turkish Coffee

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday I opened a new tin of Capt. Earle's Ten Russians and rubbed out a bowls worth into my little jelly-jar I use to air out fresh tobacco.  This morning I packed it into my Stanwell HCA Dublin and gave it a try.  Pretty good stuff.  A little steamy in the mouth still, and probably not a good choice for an early morning pipe, before breakfast.  Got a little dizzy.  I think that some age will make this a great tobacco for afternoon walks.  
    Time will take some of the edge off that latakia. I find that it's a really great cold weather blend for me
  • Options
    Esoterica Pembroke in a lil Stanwell 

• Options
    Lane Crown Achievement in my Hans Christian Anderson bent Dublin. I’ve had this tin for a while but never got around to trying it...nice straight forward English blend

• Options
    GL Pease Robusto in a no-name Italian rusticated stacked billiard, homeroast Congo in a large mug.
  • Options
    ^Nice pipe!
    GH Sliced Black Rope jarred in 2005, nice.