Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Dokha in a tiny clay and some Papua coffee by the wood stove, good morning all.

Post edited by silvermouse on
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Wrong thread! Deleted!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with a small bowl of Visions of Celephaïs. 

@Stubble, I agree...it’s very different than anything that I have ever tried. It has some great flavors underneath, but this tin has a heavy ”perfumy” aroma and flavor. I’m hoping that it fades somewhat with time. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Moving on...Bengal Slices in a Comoy’s Facet. This stuff always satisfies 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom said:

@Stubble, I agree...it’s very different than anything that I have ever tried. It has some great flavors underneath, but this tin has a heavy ”perfumy” aroma and flavor. I’m hoping that it fades somewhat with time. 
    I'm not getting the perfumed sensation.  I can't pin it down, but the tin aroma reminds me of fresh zucchini bread right out of the oven.  Weird...huh?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    dbeckom said:

I'm not getting the perfumed sensation.  I can't pin it down, but the tin aroma reminds me of fresh zucchini bread right out of the oven.  Weird...huh?
    @Stubble, The one I have is a VERY fresh tin...the date on it is 10/19. I’m thinking that it will improve with a couple of weeks. The first time I opened a tin of C&D Sunday Picnic, it had a strong perfumy aroma but it quickly went away. It’s one of my go-to tobaccos when I want a mellow VaPer. It’s taste upon lighting reminds me of fried green tomatoes. 

• Options
    C&D Burley Flake #3 in an Old Dominion reed stemmed cob. While I've read that burley doesn't age much, this tin has 9 years on it and is fine and smooth.
  • Options
    GH Burley and Bright in a cob.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried some of the Sextant by G.L. Pease that Stubble sent me in my Stanwell Brushed Brown.  Heady stuff!  I like it.  Very strong, full body and full flavor, reminded me of Capt. Earles 10 Russians.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dan Tobacco Sweet Virginia Honeydew in an old (1949) Dunhill Rock Briar bulldog.
  • Options
    C&D AJ's VaPer in a Peterson 264 like this one:

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    1985 POTY Radice
  • Options
    Missouri Meerschaum Independence Day in my MM Cobbit. I was a bit worried that the vanilla top note on this blend may be a little much for me, but it’s very subtle and I only get a hint of it on the finish. It’s a good blend, but I still prefer their American Patriot blend in a pouch. 

• Options
    Winter has officially arrived in Istanbul...it was in the low 40’s with medium-heavy rain and wind, so no cigar for me this morning. I can look forward to this weather continuing until March. 

It quit raining for a bit, so I decided to have a pipe. I'm having some Gawith & Hoggarth Rum Flake in a Savinelli Author. Like a glass of bourbon, this stuff will warm your insides on a cold, damp day. 

• Options
    @Stubble, earlier I revisited the C&D Visions of Celephaïs in a Jobey Stromboli. After being open for a few weeks I didn’t get any of that “perfumy” flavor and aroma that I got when I first tried it. I can taste the tobaccos clearly and I’m kinda liking it. It’s definitely different than anything that I’ve had.

• Options
    Moving on with sone John Cotton’s Double Pressed Virginia in a new Stanwell Black & White. I was afraid that with this being a straight Virginia, it would be a bit bland...I was wrong! If I were to smoke a bowl of it not knowing what it is I’d swear that it was a VaPer blend. This is definitely cellar worthy. 

• Options

• Options
    War Horse in a Sav Lino apple
  • Options

A bit earlier...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    '08 C&D Night Train pressed cake in a Courrieu long stemmed cutty.

edit: aged, this stuff is magically delicious!
    Post edited by silvermouse on
  • Options

• Options
    E. Andrew with Carolina red flake 
  • Options
    oval stem?
  • Options
    Yeah, a Canadian I believe.
  • Options
    Looked like it, one of my favorite shapes, much more style than a lumberman.
  • Options
    Artifact blend in a Karsten Tarp