Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH Black Cherry Twist
    I've been on an email list for that stuff for over a year. Twist is probably my favorite cut
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiner Long Golden Flake (blend 71) in an ancient Comoy sandblast apple. The hallmarks on the silver shank band date this pipe to 1938. 
  • Options
    PSLNF in a Stanwell Royal Prince billiard.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC Seattle Evening:

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    dbeckom said:
    C&D Haunted Bookshop in a short, light Teipen bent bulldog.
    @silvermouse I was just reading about Haunted Bookshop again yesterday. I’ve never tried it, though I have a tin from 2014 in the cellar. Does it live up to the reviews? I guess I should pick up a tin to try now, then if I like it I can add more to my cellar 
    I tried several bowls a year or so ago and wasn’t impressed so like any self respecting piper, I thee the rest in a mason jar and it sitting in my cellar, waiting to be tried again. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got around to trying the Bengal Slices I bought last January, very nice!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    GH Rum flake in a Ser Jacopo

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:

How’s the special edition? 
  • Options
    Echambers said:
    Stubble said:

How’s the special edition? 
    The perique gives it more depth, and comes through nicely.  Worth a try IMHO...
  • Options
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Stubble
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Just making sure you wanted some before I sent it blind.  Thanks!!
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Luxury bullseye flake in the Leonessa
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawith black Irish XX
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I may have mentioned this before, but a while back I got some W. O. Larsen Signature, mostly because @Stubble had mentioned it.  It's not my usual latakia bomb, but I'm increasingly impressed with it.  Had some tonight  in my Stanwell gilt edge, I think that's what they called it, (gilded? whatever) and it really satisfies.  Aromatic, but not too sweet.  Floral, but not perfumey.  Good stuff.  Hmm...I may be drunk-posting. Well, then... That is all!  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Feel like a pipe tonight. GH Sweet Whiskey rope jarred up in 2004 in an Ashton Pebble Grain lumberman from 1988.
  • Options
    Visions of Celephaïs

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Visions of Celephaïs

@Stubble, how is it? I ordered several tins when you did, but they’re in the states and I’m still in Turkey. I have been looking to trying it this weekend when I come back for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. 

i will try to post pictures in “What did you get” of all that I have ordered in the past 9 months. I send it all to my mother’s house and she says that she has no more room for anything 🤓

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom said:
    Stubble said:
    Visions of Celephaïs

@Stubble, how is it? 
    I really like it.  Different from anything else I've tried, but I'm still a noob when it comes to the pipe game!
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ounce of Russ Candy Corn is almost depleted. Smoked really great in the beech wood pipe. Gonna have to pick up some more of this bulk blend at pipes&cigars.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Chonowitsch T 14 in a small gourd calabash.
  • Options
    Comoy’s Cask #7 in an Aldo Velani. This is my first bowl of Cask #7 and I’m loving it. It has a defined peppery note unlike the other spun “coin” (medallion) tobaccos. I will be putting away a pound for a long nap.  would suggest this tobacco to any lover of strong, spicy cigars 

I picked up two of these pipes last year on eBay for $35 (for both) to smoke on windy days in Istanbul. They have turned out to be great smoking pipes...much better that I expected. 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    not in my pipe but sounds interesting:
    "Warped's Cloud Hopper & Kings Stride
    Earlier this year, Warped Cigars expanded into the world of pipe tobacco with the limited production run of The Haunting. Kyle Gellis, founder of Warped, and Jeremy Reeves, head blender of Cornell & Diehl, collaborate again to present two new, regular production pipe tobacco blends from Warped: Kings Stride and Cloud Hopper. The former takes its name from one of Kyle's luxury cabernet sauvignons and is a crumble cake featuring a unique cigar leaf Cavendish; the latter is a Virginia/Perique flake with Dominican cigar leaf inspired by Warped's popular Cloud Hopper cigars."
  • Options
    Gawith Hogarth Rum Flake in a bent Dublin. I’m really impressed with this tobacco...smooth and rich flavors and a stout kick. This is definitely an after a hearty dinner tobacco.