What is in your pipe?

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^nice
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capstan yellow on a break at work
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Nevermind, saw the other post...nice looking pipes!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all. A morning cup or two of a superb Ethiopian Yerga Cheff demanded the company of a bowl of GLPease Key Largo, an equally fine blend of Virginia red flake, Orientals, and a touch of Latakia. Such a flavorful and good pairing. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it?  I've been curious about the Margate, Marbury? , whatever it is.  Seems like every time I think about looking for it there's only one word to describe my search,  Backordered.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    This was the first esoterica that I’ve tried and I quite enjoyed it. I have a pound of margate but I’ve yet to open any. I think I’m more likely to open pembroke over margate but penbroke is margate with a liquor topping. I’m more of a Virginia guy but English blends are nice for the end of the day.
    Another day more 660 in a Karsten Tarp
    Just finished a bowl of Balkan Sasenei in my new Stanwell Revival Elephant Foot.  I'm really enjoying this pipe for my English and Balkan blends!  Glad I got it while they were on sale.  Usually I'm just a sucker for Dublin shape.  Just checked, there's one left in the brushed black like I got over at P&C. 

Must stay strong. 

Don't want to  spend more $ on pipes right now.  

Won't look.  Leads to impulsive behavior.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy said:
    This was the first esoterica that I’ve tried and I quite enjoyed it. I have a pound of margate but I’ve yet to open any. I think I’m more likely to open pembroke over margate but penbroke is margate with a liquor topping. I’m more of a Virginia guy but English blends are nice for the end of the day.
    Of the two, Margate is my favorite, but Pembroke is amazing as well. I often mix the two to lessen the flavoring of the cognac. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    Just finished a bowl of Balkan Sasenei in my new Stanwell Revival Elephant Foot.  I'm really enjoying this pipe for my English and Balkan blends!  Glad I got it while they were on sale.  Usually I'm just a sucker for Dublin shape.  Just checked, there's one left in the brushed black like I got over at P&C. 

Must stay strong. 

Don't want to  spend more $ on pipes right now.  

Won't look.  Leads to impulsive behavior.  
    Whatever you do, DO NOT go to  https://www.danishpipeshop.com/  for ANY reason.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stubble I’m going to pretend I didn’t look at that link... 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

NorCalR1 said:
    OK, I'm just going to pretend that those DKK numbers = U.S. Dollars.  

NorCalR1 said:
    You looked?  You weren't supposed to look...
    Stubble said:
    NorCalR1 said:
    You looked?  You weren't supposed to look...
    Oh.  Right.  And no one is to think at all about the word "Hippopotamus" for the next 10 minutes.  At all.  Starting now.  Don't think about it.

At all.