Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    NorCalR1 said:
    @Stubble I’m going to pretend I didn’t look at that link... 
    OK, I'm just going to pretend that those DKK numbers = U.S. Dollars.  
    You looked?  You weren't supposed to look...
    I looked...and then told my wife that I’m gonna need a layover on my flight in March or April when I come visit. They still have the WO Larsen Limited 2019 that someone on here was asking me to watch for....AND they already have the 2020! 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting my vitamin N today for sure.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    A couple of coins of Escudo Navy De Luxe.

Beautiful weather we are having today. 5:30 and it’s still 65 out! 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Yakster said:
    Mixed jar of Fusilier's Ration and Bengal Slices, a bit dry.

I’m sure you already know this, but in case you don’t, I use Boveda packs to bring the moisture back to my pipe tobacco. If a jar or tin gets dry, I throw in a moisture pack with humidity level according to the blend. 

For heavy Latikia/English blends I prefer a lower humidity (65%), and with Aromatic/English blends like Bengal Slices I use a 68-70% pack. These levels are just according to my personal preferences and smoking 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if he meant the baccy was dry or the mouthfeel was dry. The Balkan sobrain I had was very dry on the palate but the tobacco was moist in the tin.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH Black Cherry Twist
    I've been on an email list for that stuff for over a year. Twist is probably my favorite cut
    Guess what I just scored....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder Stubble. GH Sweet Whiskey Rope '04. 16 years in a jar has really smoothed this one out.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked a bowl of G.L. Pease Sextant, provided by our friend @Stubble ,  Took awhile.  I like it, but it's not one that I can smoke straight through, I had to set it down and smoke in intervals.  Too kickass to just plow through.  This is fine, because I was doing various things around the house and it provided a few breaks along the way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    New site sux
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Haven’t had a cigar or pipe for 10 days and got off to a late start today, so I decided to go for a pipe first.

John Cotton’s Double Pressed VA with one flake of G&H Rum Flake hidden between the layers in an old Ben Wade. Both of these blends are a delight to smoke individually, but together they compliment one another and go to a whole new level. The transition between the blends is smooth

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Either this pipe is larger that I remembered, or this is the slowest burning tobacco I’ve ever had. I was reading and puffing away and just passed 2 hours on the bowl with only one relight when my step daughter got home and came to ask me something. There’s still a good 30 minutes left

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rocky Patel Prohibition in the Peterson Saint Patrick's Day 2019.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

GLP Robusto in a Talbert Ligne Bretagne stacked billiard.

Bosewell’s Countryside with a pinch of Sutliff Pumkin Spice relaxing by the fire pit

Whew, man this is good.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

@BKDog, How is the Prohibition? I’ve seen it selling for increasingly high prices on the .bid and I’ve wondered about it. Out of over 3,000+ cigars I may have 2 RP sticks in all of my humidors (probably decade)...I just haven’t gotten the urge to try the pipe tobacco.

Also if I’m morning ssinf out on a particular RP blend of cigar that stands out to any of you, please point me in that direction. Other than the Decade and Old World Reserve, I’ve just never bought into the hype

Just ordered a few tins of each...can’t wait to get back to the states to try it

edited March 2020

The Prohibition pipe tobacco isn't anything like the cigars, but it is probably one of the best aromatics I've had yet. The Virginia comes through nicely, and the burley is also prominent enough to be enjoyed. The black cavendish is sweet enough and it really can be picked up the whole time, with a bit of spice as well. It's seriously well blended and properly delivers a smooth, rich smoke from start to finish. The notes are vanilla mainly, with a subtle sweetness something like caramel, but overall it isn't too flavored, only on the nose and when smoking, the tobacco shines through. It's well worth $40, and I don't recommend hitting Cbid for it unless you have the time because it often sells for more than that and you can buy it all day long for $40 at P&C: https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/rocky-patel-prohibition-pure-simple/2010501/

As for Rocky Patel cigars, the main ones I like are what you've mentioned, plus the Edge maduro and the Prohibition Mexican San Andres are top notch. Other than that, I will always fall back to the 1990 vintage but only the seconds from the Bethlehem warehouse here at C.com since the main line isn't really what they once were in my opinion. Somehow, the seconds are just better and are more like what I remember smoking fresh from the B&M in Florida nearly 20 years ago.

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NorCalR1 nice to see you enjoying a pipe. I found one of the security guards at my work enjoys cigars and she's interest in trying pipes now. Going to make her a care package.

Today I'm having GH Bright CR Flake in my 1985 POTY Radice
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

C&D Sweet English from @NorCalR1 in my estate pipe while it rains here. TYVM David, light and sweet.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    C&D Sweet English from @NorCalR1 in my estate pipe while it rains here. TYVM David, light and sweet.

Glad you enjoyed it Chris
    Looking forward to something tonight when I get off shift.