Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MIA??

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    OOHHH YEAAAA ....don't think I forgot about you Squirrel just 'cause your west coast
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    OOHHH YEAAAA ....don't think I forgot about you Squirrel just 'cause your west coast
    Lets not start any east coast west coast wars. Somebody kills a Rapper everytime that happens ..
  • Options
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    Lets not start any east coast west coast wars. Somebody kills a Rapper everytime that happens ..

LMAO !
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !
    On second thought, is that really a bad thing?

Support the fine arts, shoot a rapper.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !

lol, there was a time when I would say, nay, but over the years I would totally agree.... I think it was chris rock who had a funny skit about killing rappers...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !

lol, there was a time when I would say, nay, but over the years I would totally agree.... I think it was chris rock who had a funny skit about killing rappers...
    Which has killed more rappers? The East Coast/West Coast thing, or the Source Awards Show?? :)~
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !

Which has killed more rappers? The East Coast/West Coast thing, or the Source Awards Show?? :)~
    LMAO
  • Options
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !

LMAO

Does it really matter who as long as they succeeded !?!?!?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

LMAO !

LMAO

Does it really matter who as long as they succeeded !?!?!?
    HAHAHA AMEN!!!
  • Options
    Saaaay ...wheres our local tree rat been the last week ...hav'nt heard the tree branches rattling much ...
  • Options
    Hey guys -been gone a few days. I noticed last week about Tuesday I started having some shortness of breath if I used any amount of energy. Saturday it got a lot worse at work but I made it thru the day. Saturday night after playing with the dogs outsude I was having difficulty breathing and when I went upstairs to rest it hit hard. Long story short my wife took me to the emergency room and they admitted me with chest pains. I had one artery 99% blocked and the doctor that did my heart cath and inserted a stent said I had dodged a major heart attack, that it was blocked the max it could be without a major deal. I don'nt remember which artery he said it was. he said by the true definition of a heart attack I did have a very very mild one and luckily for me minimum damage (less than 2%) .

Of course I got all the do you smoke questions. I have never really smoked cigarettes and smoked cigars about 3-3 1/2 years . The doctors gave me a hassell about heart disease /family history and said NO cigars would be best !!! But should try to do only one or two a week. That sounds extreme to me and although I will ease off a bit till the stent settled in I don't knpw about 1 or 2 a week. Doc says one cigar is same as 5 ciigarettes and if you smoked 7-10 a week thats like a couple packs a week !!! Any of you guys ( especially in the med fields) have any input or comments on this ? Anyways I got home today and I'm just takin it easy will be outta work a few days depending on how I feel. I was already scheduled for a weeks vacation next week so that will help. Just pokin around on here to see what you guys have been up to. May not be on as much for a few till I feel a little better.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Hey guys -been gone a few days. I noticed last week about Tuesday I started having some shortness of breath if I used any amount of energy. Saturday it got a lot worse at work but I made it thru the day. Saturday night after playing with the dogs outsude I was having difficulty breathing and when I went upstairs to rest it hit hard. Long story short my wife took me to the emergency room and they admitted me with chest pains. I had one artery 99% blocked and the doctor that did my heart cath and inserted a stent said I had dodged a major heart attack, that it was blocked the max it could be without a major deal. I don'nt remember which artery he said it was. he said by the true definition of a heart attack I did have a very very mild one and luckily for me minimum damage (less than 2%) .

Of course I got all the do you smoke questions. I have never really smoked cigarettes and smoked cigars about 3-3 1/2 years . The doctors gave me a hassell about heart disease /family history and said NO cigars would be best !!! But should try to do only one or two a week. That sounds extreme to me and although I will ease off a bit till the stent settled in I don't knpw about 1 or 2 a week. Doc says one cigar is same as 5 ciigarettes and if you smoked 7-10 a week thats like a couple packs a week !!! Any of you guys ( especially in the med fields) have any input or comments on this ? Anyways I got home today and I'm just takin it easy will be outta work a few days depending on how I feel. I was already scheduled for a weeks vacation next week so that will help. Just pokin around on here to see what you guys have been up to. May not be on as much for a few till I feel a little better.
    G-man I am damn glad to hear that you are ok! I'm sorry to hear about the problems and I'm really glad you are ok. Just wanted you to know that you are one of the nicest guys on here and I'm glad to know ya, even if it is virtually. lol Hope you get back on your feet soon and back to smokin and enjoying the good life!
  • Options
    Thanks Puro I appreciate the nice words and yea I'm looking forward to a tasty smoke once everything settles down ...be sure and smoke one for me till I can catch up buddy ...
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Whoa Gene, close call man, glad to hear your doing ok. Look at the bright side of things, easing off on the smoking just means that your cigars get a little more age on em so when your given the all clear, they'll be a whole lot tastier.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Wondered where you'd been, Geno...thought you were still smartin after the Pens whooped the Canes.

Luckily you caught that earlier. Just take care of yourself. I like cigars as much as the next guy, but definitely take it easy for a while, there'll always be another smoke around the corner.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    gmill880:

Man Gene - i had no idea. i was just wondering about your father-in-law and how he was doing. I wasn't sure if I missed a post on him or not. What a frightening experience for you...

I think Kuzi had some past posts about cigar smoking and the dangers. I think his article, if I remember correctly, had the same risk for non-smokers and those who smoked no more than two cigars daily... Not sure if I go for that, but there is no comparison to cigarettes. There is just the danger of second hand smoke. If you smoke outside - better. If you smoked in a closed car - worse. Would no cigars be better - I would say yes. But what is the risk factor? For you just smoking cigars for 3 and 1/2 years. I would be much more inclined to think genetics and diet. I am sure they will really want to watch your cholesterol and probably put you on lipitor and a diet to control cholesterol. There has been studies where cholesterol in the body can also cause plaque in the brain - contributing to Alzheimers. Perhaps Lipitor did the study... :) My mother is a victim of that disease and I would take Lipitor to just to diminish my chances of that.

Anyway, I am just a layperson, but take care of yourself Gene and do whatever you think is best. You are loved here man...
  • Options
    gmill880:

Damn Gene. So glad to hear they caught it before you actually had a major heart attack. For now you should do whatever the doctor says to let everything heal up, IMO. But it seems like you are already doing that.

I'm no doctor but I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Expresses and IMO I don't see how a cigar not inhaled compares to cigarettes that are. I've read a lot about the health issues with smoking cigars and I know they can't be the best thing for your mouth but I just don't see how they can be the problem that they are made out to be otherwise. Not the premium cigars we all enjoy and DO NOT inhale. I think thats the misconception. Is it healthy to smoke? I doubt it, but is it unhealty? I don't know.

Either way Gene take care of yourself and keep us up to date brother, we'll be thinking about you.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it is what it is. and the fact remains that some chemicals from a cigar ARE absorbed through the cheeks and gums. if those are dangerous, maybe.

iduno. Doctors are able to be led astray by political hype as much as the next guy. and if the doc does not smoke cigars, then he may have some of the misconceptions that many people do.

on that note, i would like to say that how you lead your life is up to you. if you smoke 3 packs a day, and you are OK with that, then so be it.

eat right. exercise. Still die.

my advice? listen to your body. make a decision that you feel good with. but make sure you are making it as an informed decision.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    it is what it is. and the fact remains that some chemicals from a cigar ARE absorbed through the cheeks and gums. if those are dangerous, maybe.

iduno. Doctors are able to be led astray by political hype as much as the next guy. and if the doc does not smoke cigars, then he may have some of the misconceptions that many people do.

on that note, i would like to say that how you lead your life is up to you. if you smoke 3 packs a day, and you are OK with that, then so be it.

my advice? listen to your body. make a decision that you feel good with. but make sure you are making it as an informed decision.
    Well said.
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    gmill880:

Man Gene - i had no idea. i was just wondering about your father-in-law and how he was doing. I wasn't sure if I missed a post on him or not. What a frightening experience for you...

I think Kuzi had some past posts about cigar smoking and the dangers. I think his article, if I remember correctly, had the same risk for non-smokers and those who smoked no more than two cigars daily... Not sure if I go for that, but there is no comparison to cigarettes. There is just the danger of second hand smoke. If you smoke outside - better. If you smoked in a closed car - worse. Would no cigars be better - I would say yes. But what is the risk factor? For you just smoking cigars for 3 and 1/2 years. I would be much more inclined to think genetics and diet. I am sure they will really want to watch your cholesterol and probably put you on lipitor and a diet to control cholesterol. There has been studies where cholesterol in the body can also cause plaque in the brain - contributing to Alzheimers. Perhaps Lipitor did the study... :) My mother is a victim of that disease and I would take Lipitor to just to diminish my chances of that.

Anyway, I am just a layperson, but take care of yourself Gene and do whatever you think is best. You are loved here man...

All the well wishes are greatly appreciated and definitly make me feel better , you guys are a great bunch and I missed being on here with ya. Yes , my blood pressure and cholestrol (sp) were in rough shape. They put me on Lopressor (bloodpressure), Zocor for cholestrol and plavix( blood thinner) and the standard 325 mg aspirin. about 4 years ago I watched what I ate, walked 2.5 to 3 miles a day and lifted free weights 3 times a week. I never missed a day regardless. I went from 297 lbs, to 203 lbs in about 7 months time. My doctor took me off blood presure meds at that time. I was rear ended by a 18 year old kid while driving my sons sports car (mitsi 3000 vr-4) and some back pain for several months and this is when I quit walking and lifting and got back into bad nutrition habits again. I can't help but wonder what if that had never happened...oh well...time to start again as soon as I'm cleared too. Again you guys are very much appreciated...Gene
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Tumbler:
    gmill880:

All the well wishes are greatly appreciated and definitly make me feel better , you guys are a great bunch and I missed being on here with ya. Yes , my blood pressure and cholestrol (sp) were in rough shape. They put me on Lopressor (bloodpressure), Zocor for cholestrol and plavix( blood thinner) and the standard 325 mg aspirin. about 4 years ago I watched what I ate, walked 2.5 to 3 miles a day and lifted free weights 3 times a week. I never missed a day regardless. I went from 297 lbs, to 203 lbs in about 7 months time. My doctor took me off blood presure meds at that time. I was rear ended by a 18 year old kid while driving my sons sports car (mitsi 3000 vr-4) and some back pain for several months and this is when I quit walking and lifting and got back into bad nutrition habits again. I can't help but wonder what if that had never happened...oh well...time to start again as soon as I'm cleared too. Again you guys are very much appreciated...Gene
    If you did it once you can do it again.

I'm in that same situation, I need to loose a crapton of weigh before I end up with a heart attack at age 34. I lift weights and ride a bike three times a week, but still need to loose a lot.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

Well said.
    Kuzi is our Sage around here...always some good word from him.
  • Options
    Indeed. How are you and the wife doing Andy?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You know Gene, this may end up being a good thing. Just like that wreck diverted you from one path, this heart attack may put you back on it. Alot of people believe everything happens for a reason, I wish you the best.
  • Options
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Tumbler:
    gmill880:

If you did it once you can do it again.

I'm in that same situation, I need to loose a crapton of weigh before I end up with a heart attack at age 34. I lift weights and ride a bike three times a week, but still need to loose a lot.

I intend to give it a he-ll of a try brother.......Luko please make sure you see your doctor about cholesterol and high blood pressure , it may not have changed anything but I wish I had seen a doctor more often than every 10 years ...
  • Options
    madurofan:

Hope the familys well man ...
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    You know Gene, this may end up being a good thing. Just like that wreck diverted you from one path, this heart attack may put you back on it. Alot of people believe everything happens for a reason, I wish you the best.

I believe that as well Tony ...this may have been Gods way of making sure I'm around to burn up a ton more cigars ...at least thats the way I'm looking at it ...Thanks 'bro
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    kuzi16:
    Well said.

Try to enjoy the ride at least!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    we are doing well, i have just been traveling a ton. i finally got a week or 2 home with the family. and finally getting a chance to smoke some too...5 Vegas Limitadas (07/08) have been outstanding. need more and now the 09s are out, gotta lossen up that budget for a few

hows things going with you?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Hope the familys well man ...
    We are doing great, thanks. Hope you are doing well also.