Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The Official Smoke 'N' Post Thread

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Welcome to the new home of the Smoke 'N' Post (SnP). Each week, we will select a cigar to smoke in an online herf. The main idea is to post which vitola of the cigar you are smoking, the age of the cigar (if known), and your thoughts as you smoke it. So it acts as a review of the cigar from several people as they smoke it. You are also more than welcome to "chat" in this thread with the other participants during the herf. This is a great opportunity to get to know more of the members of the forum as well as a chance to contribute to the review of a cigar. Each week we will have a different person select the cigar to be smoked and "lead" the discussion. The default time will be Saturdays at 9 PM (EST). The discussion leader does have the freedom to change the day and time, if he/she so chooses. If you are unable to post during the herf time, you are more than welcome to post any time afterwards up to the next scheduled herf. The previous Snp's were: Tatuaje Brown Label MOW PA LFD Air Bender The upcoming SnP's are: Sat 8/25 - Oliva V (Gray4lines leading) Sat 9/1 - Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Year' (Jiunn leading) Thurs 9/6 10pm EST - Illusione original line (i.e. 2, 88, mj12, etc.) (Jhewey leading) If you would like to lead a future week, please PM me. We would like to have up to 2 months lined up ahead of time. Please use PM's instead of cluttering this thread with requests that I might miss. I will update this first post as more cigars are selected.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you want me to contact Andy and see if he can put together a sampler of the sticks we choose so that people can order them a month in advance?
  • Options
    Yeah, once we get a few more lined up, that would be awesome!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I may miss this week, but I will be sure to get an air bender before the next!! I've only had one, and thought it was an interesting smoke.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    great thing you started shaftster. i'd love to join but not this week. i'll keep up to date on these and will join one of these days.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I can join this Sat. I have one MOW pa left from when they first came out. Been saving it for whatever special reason. Now I have a reason. It'll be my Birthday smoke + to join Smoke N Post.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    danielzreyes:
    I think I can join this Sat. I have one MOW pa left from when they first came out. Been saving it for whatever special reason. Now I have a reason. It'll be my Birthday smoke + to join Smoke N Post.
    When is your birthday Daniel? Mine is the 11th.
  • Options
    james40:
    danielzreyes:
    Nice. Another Leo. 12th. Back to back.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    james40:
    danielzreyes:
    sho sho cuuuuute
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    danielzreyes:
    james40:
    danielzreyes:
    Ha, I'm your elder. Happy early Birthday.
  • Options
    Which thread are we posting on?
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Which thread are we posting on?
    I'm guessing this one since this is the "official" thread. Plus, the other one says pregame.
  • Options
    The one that I chose has been resting since 3/26/12. Before cutting and lighting I took a nice siff of teh stick and I could smell that spcie. It was tickling my nose. After lighting up that first inhale gave that great spice kick I so love in this stick!
  • Options
    After just over a 1/4 inch in I have really lost that totally spiciness from the stick. It comes back to hit me about 10-20 seconds after I blow the smoke out of my mouth. It's tough for me to pick up much "different" flavors tonight since I am still getting over being sick (ears & throat full of infections). My taste buds are just about back but not enough for a cigar.
  • Options
    IMAG0279
  • Options
    Hello all! How is tonight's pepper bomb treating you?
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Hello all! How is tonight's pepper bomb treating you?
    Loving it!! This is one of my top two favs.
  • Options
    No even half an inch in and my ask breaks off. That's a first. Usually I can go at least half the stick before it ashes itself.
  • Options
    This is only my second time smoking this cigar. Better than I remember it so far.
  • Options
    Now most of the spice is gone unless I retrole and that only last a few seconds. I am picking up some nutty flavors but that could just be my messed up senses playing tricks on me today. I usually pick up woody flavors and leather as well. No woodsie flavors yet but a little leather along with that nutty flavor.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    This is only my second time smoking this cigar. Better than I remember it so far.
    I fell in love with this stick the minute I was done with my first. I remember getting that first one in a COTM pack and I kept it until I went on a fishing trip with my father last year. After that I got a 5er, then a box, anther 5er then a few here and there with trades, bombs, etc. I just got a second box delivered a couple of days ago. I scorred a decent deal on the sprint sale site.
  • Options
    Yeah, the spice had died down for me as well. Getting some sweet nuttiness now.
  • Options
    Getting closer to the half way mark and the nuttiness is still there just not as strong. The leather flavor is starting to kick in more and every know and then I do get a hint of the spice this thing usually puts out. It has been a little while since I have had one and I don't remember the spice dying out so quick. I did check my notes from a few of the ones that I have had in the past and I did mention the nuttiness, but not at these levels before.
  • Options
    OK. Well over half way in and the nuttiness is still the major flavor player. The spice is finally coming back with each puff. Even the retrole is starting to burn again. The leather flavor has moved all the way to the background and getting harder to pick up. I am also still getting tons of smoke from it tonight.
  • Options
    I'm here!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm well into the second half as well. Very similar flavors over here as well. I was glad to get the spice back. A little more harsh than earlier, but still enjoyable.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I'm here!
    Welcome!
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I'm here!
    Welcome aboard Daniel. I feel bad for the west coasters. This is still kinda early for you guys.
  • Options
    Hmmm spicy. Not as spicy as they usually are. This is my last stick from my purchase when they first came out. So it has a good amount or rest.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Hmmm spicy. Not as spicy as they usually are. This is my last stick from my purchase when they first came out. So it has a good amount or rest.
    Nice! Mine is from Jiunn's pass, so it is pretty fresh.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Nice! Mine is from Jiunn's pass, so it is pretty fresh.
    I smoke them young too. These are like popcorn to me. I smoke them by the handfull. About an inch in. Hardly any spice.