Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The Official Smoke 'N' Post Thread

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys a fan of the maddy? Nothing like this stick.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Haven't had one yet. Less spice, more sweet?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting real close to the band right now. The spice is all the way back. The flavor is getting a little harsh but no too bad. I usually put it done once it is to hot to hold or the smoke is just to hot to enjoy.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    The first coupld I tried I wasn't a fan of. I think I was looking for that spice with a little maddy sweetness. After letting them rest for a long time I revisited them and I do enjoy them, but I don't think enough to buy a box.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    danielzreyes:
    The first coupld I tried I wasn't a fan of. I think I was looking for that spice with a little maddy sweetness. After letting them rest for a long time I revisited them and I do enjoy them, but I don't think enough to buy a box.
    Exactly. Nail on the head right there.
  • Options
    The band is off but I'm still not ready to put it down. Maybe I got another 5-10 minutes left.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Haven't had one yet. Less spice, more sweet?
    IMO its just an ok Maduro. No spice at all. I don't know why they called it the MOW pa maddy. ......... Not quite the half way point. Leather Leather Leather. I know the spice will come. Just waiting for it.
  • Options
    And that's it for me. 1 hour and 20 minutes in I have to put it down. The smoke was getting a little to warm for me and I didn't have much left to hold on to that wasn't warm to my fingers. Overall I really enjoyed this stick. I would love the spice to be a little longer at the beginning, but it really kicks into overdrive at the end. The nuttiness was there for most of the stick and I don't remember it being that much of a flavor profile throughout but it was enjoyable.

Thanks guys!! This was fun. Hopefully I can make one of the next two smoke n posts!

Time to watch the UFC!! Night guys!!

Rob
  • Options
    Just finished mine. I don't tend to nub cigars, not a fan of a warmer smoke. Overall, I really enjoyed it. My first was back in the winter. I'm not sure if the cold weather back then affected my impression of it, but my opinion of it now is much better.
  • Options
    Have a good evening gents. Thanks for letting me join you guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I thoroughly enjoyed this stick. A tiny amount of spice but consistently great everytime.

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    So the next stick is set for this Thursday, aug 16. The famous LFD Airbender. I'm doing mine in the chisel shape but feel free to pick whichever vitola you want. See you guys Thursday!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    So the next stick is set for this Thursday, aug 16. The famous LFD Airbender. I'm doing mine in the chisel shape but feel free to pick whichever vitola you want. See you guys Thursday!
    9PM EST? well that's horse doo doo. I don't get back from work til 10PM EST. thanks michigan. thanks a blue balls bunch
  • Options
    You know what, just for June bug we can do this stick at 10pm est. it will be my second of the night...but I'll wait for you
  • Options
    Trident:
    You know what, just for June bug we can do this stick at 10pm est. it will be my second of the night...but I'll wait for you
    yaaaayyy! thank you roman candle. I'm so lucky. MVW Mike just gifted me one.
  • Options
    Awesome. And I am recruiting everyone that's part of the scotch club to do it also...some of these guys are long vets of this place...
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will pick up a LFD this weekend! I will be out of town sat, so may fire it up Fri and post sat a little, but either way I will try to join!
  • Options
    Good thing we are doing it Thursday and not Saturday, spark it up Thursday night
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    Good thing we are doing it Thursday and not Saturday, spark it up Thursday night
    duh, my bad! Thanks for he reminder
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    So Thursday at 10. I think I can do that. I usually smoke my 3rd and last cigar a little earlier than 10. But I can wait to smoke it.
  • Options
    Cool man
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    glad it got moved back to 10..I don't get out of work until 10 and home around 1015ish so I will be a few puffs behind you guys
  • Options
    Sounds like we are going to have a nice turnout tomorrow. Are weekday nights better than the weekend? Still open for suggestions to make this as successful as possible. Also, we could use some suggestions for cigars in future weeks.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Sounds like we are going to have a nice turnout tomorrow. Are weekday nights better than the weekend? Still open for suggestions to make this as successful as possible. Also, we could use some suggestions for cigars in future weeks.
    you have yet to cordially invite me.
  • Options
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    Hi Jiunn, not only would I like to have you join us tomorrow, I would like you to pick the cigar for a future SnP.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    Hi Jiunn, not only would I like to have you join us tomorrow, I would like you to pick the cigar for a future SnP.
    thanks shaftie. hmmm ok lets see here. a cigar that is readily available... how about Carlos Torano Exodus ’50 Years’
  • Options
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    thanks shaftie. hmmm ok lets see here. a cigar that is readily available... how about Carlos Torano Exodus ’50 Years’
    Sounds good. I'll update the first post. Usual day and time?
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    I'm free saturday evening 9/1. that work?
  • Options
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    I'm free saturday evening 9/1. that work?
    Yup!
  • Options
    Sounds good man