Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The Official Smoke 'N' Post Thread

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ready! Just grabbed 2 today. I may start a little early, hope you guys enjoy!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I'm ready! Just grabbed 2 today. I may start a little early, hope you guys enjoy!
    not allowed. Please start with the rest of the group. gosh, some gray colored people these days...
  • Options
    jliu:
    Gray4lines:
    not allowed. Please start with the rest of the group. gosh, some gray colored people these days...
    I'm very OFFENDED right NOW. I ENJOY cigars whenever I PLEASE. THANKS. we WELCOME ALL different COLORS here.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    Gray4lines:
    I'm very OFFENDED right NOW. I ENJOY cigars whenever I PLEASE. THANKS. we WELCOME ALL different COLORS here.
    gray, did that make U feel better, always some one in the group, hope that made your night.
  • Options
    jliu:
    gray, did that make U feel better, always some one in the group, hope that made your night.
    it actually did, but your comment made me feel especially better! Lol!!!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    it actually did, but your comment made me feel especially better! Lol!!!
    Also, us guys with exceptional names have to stick together.
  • Options
    I had to start early (I'm so sorry jiunn). Starts off strong with an initial woody tatste, followed by a deep coffee like flavor, a noticeable sweetness, and a little pepper zing at the end. I'll smoke slow and try to wait up!
  • Options
    i officially dislike you
  • Options
    jliu:
    i officially dislike you
    duly noted
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    What is everyone drinking while smoking this cigar? Just curious
  • Options
    I had a coke. It really brings out the sweetness and kind of a cinammon,spice flavor.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Just started toasting mine, good woody aroma. Drinking a laphroaig flight, had the 10 yrs, just finished some quarter cask, then hitting the tripe wood, and will top it of with 18 yr. sitting with sandman and tatuajeiv...if any of you guys recognize those names.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Just lit mine. I am drinking some kilo kai rum I just got today mixed with some sierra mist.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    following Gray here pairing it with a coke
  • Options
    ello there my nutter butter buddies.
    La Flor Dominicana Airbender Guerrero. Size: 6.25 x 54.

Prelight: it has a very firm even pack. no lumps, minimal veins. cold draw reveals a spicy earthy zing around my lips and the tip of my tongue. alllrighty. gonna light this sucker up now and see how the first third tastes.

Pairing: my usual ice water.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed this smoke.. some kinda earthy, sweet flavor I couldn't put my finger on. Good thing I got 2 ! Excellent burn and draw alllll they way down, never harsh
  • Options
    jliu:

Prelight: it has a very firm even pack. no lumps, minimal veins. cold draw reveals a spicy earthy zing around my lips and the tip of my tongue. alllrighty. gonna light this sucker up now and see how the first third tastes.

1st third = a nice tongue coating spice and earth. the type of spice that'll leave your tongue coated the entire time. semi sweetness and slight cream. body wise, solid medium full. on the retrohale, I get more of the spice (the type that will almost make me wanna sneeze haha).
  • Options
    TatuajeVi: some of this chocolately...um dark and nasty, I LOVE IT
    sandman: "good draw, amazing favors...yummy"
  • Options
    jliu:
    jliu:

1st third = a nice tongue coating spice and earth. the type of spice that'll leave your tongue coated the entire time. semi sweetness and slight cream. body wise, solid medium full. on the retrohale, I get more of the spice (the type that will almost make me wanna sneeze haha).
    Wish I could post what I'm getting but palate is good for some cigars. Bad for others.
  • Options
    not at all dude. at the end of the day you like it b/c you like it. it's all so darn subjective dude. i'm sure you know that
  • Options
    really enjoying this cigar! wish i could taste the flavors especially the chocolate though. I notice spice that jliu was talking about with the retrohale making you want to sneeze.
  • Options
    Mine has over a year on it, not to much spice...solid oak taste, pairs well with the scotch
  • Options
    2nd third = spice has tapered off. dark choco. semi sweet. I feel that there is a very unique earth that I taste in almost all of LFD/LG sticks. Can't quite pin point it though. I think this is the type of earth that either people really like or really dislike. body stays at a medium full. construction is rock solid. burn rate is great. nice solid intact ash that isn't flakey at all. very pleasing to the eyes. first third's ash fell off in one solid chunk.
  • Options
    jliu:
    not at all dude. at the end of the day you like it b/c you like it. it's all so darn subjective dude. i'm sure you know that
    Yeah I know. And I do enjoy this cigar.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    jliu:
    Yeah I know. And I do enjoy this cigar.
    right on dude. and lift, I totally get that almost sneezing retrohale with this for sure haha. it's interesting. with especially a nice semi aged ISOM (2008 bolivar belicoso fino comes to mind that ban ban gave me), I get zero spice. but i mean... those smokes are not comparable to LFD stuff. worlds apart. but ya, if you ever have an aged ISOM, you'll know what I mean.
  • Options
    I'm an hour and a half in, and it's getting better, definitely mellowing out and getting some nice dark chocolate
  • Options
    Trident:
    I'm an hour and a half in, and it's getting better, definitely mellowing out and getting some nice dark chocolate
    Was just bout to post getting a chocolate flavors.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Trident:
    Was just bout to post getting a chocolate flavors.
    Great minds think a like