Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been a couple months, might be time to bump this one
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's stickied :wink:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it sure as hell is, I usually just go to recent discussions, guess I need to browse the categories once in a while
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    really interesting points. I normally smoke on the patio, wish I knew a few more guys who smoke other than poker night, but anything goes on poker night :smiley:
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post, @TaraLee!  See you in Reno, where we can all learn together.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Peter said, it's a great post, @TaraLee. I learn something from Kuzi every now and then. 

And, unfortunately, my child bride and I won't be able to make it to Reno but since you and Jay live nearby in Woodland, maybe we'll have a chance to meet and herf together sometime soon - like maybe on your way home from Reno... (?)  
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    @jlmarta, that would be great, but it will need to be a different weekend (just for personal reasons). But we enjoy going to that area up near you, so I'm sure we can work out getting together!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. We'll look forward to it....  :D
  • Options
    janetjiejanetjie Posts: 1
    Very good point of view,

Thanks Kuz!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so humbled. 
  • Options
    JET55JET55 Posts: 20
    New guy here! I read the first post (and all the others) and thought I might have something to add. I've noticed that my cigars smoke different at home, mainly because I smoke outside and the humidity can be screwy. But at the local B&M they smoke better. But what if they smoke funny at the B&M because it's cool and humid? Buy a cigar to smoke next time you go there. Take it home, let it sit in your humidor until it gets to where you like it but take it with you on the next visit. When you get there toast up the stick you brought and buy a replacement on the way out to smoke on the next visit, problem solved.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very informative, thank you. Being new to cigars, I'm not really around any other smokers to get to know this stuff (licking the cap before cutting?). Lots to see and learn around here. Thanks again.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good read for newbies. I did have a question about the participation of box pass and forum games/bombs... I have been a forum browser of multiple sites for some time but have never heard of these. Would love to learn more. 
  • Options
    Good read for newbies. I did have a question about the participation of box pass and forum games/bombs... I have been a forum browser of multiple sites for some time but have never heard of these. Would love to learn more. 
    Each of these will generally have a list of rules on the first page of thread.  Two of the main things you'll need to know about these are: 1. Get sponsored and on the good traders list.  2. All are highly addicting. 
    AND 2.1. Get a cooler.   ;)
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no that ultimately it is an issue of trust.  Start with a newb trade and keep participating.  Help us know who you are and make an effort to get to know us.  And, of course, read the rules for each pass or game as they change from person to person. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet thanks guys! I'll check it out while I build stock in my humidor. Really appreciate the helpfulness. (And I'm told hopefully my name will update soon but it's Trish until that day comes) 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t have thought about a few of these. Great info to have. Thanks for taking the time to write it out!
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kuzi16 great info! thanks for posting for a newb like myself

• Options
    BagsBags Posts: 1

New to the forum. Lots of good advice/tips. All appreciated

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Bags lots of great knowledge and advice from alot of people that know a ton more than I do! Really good group of folks who are very generous. I encourage you to explore the threads and get involved!

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to read first post again. Still disagree about nubbers being desperate behavior, I just want to enjoy all of it. Bottom line is respect. Everyone needs to read this from time to time.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    amosdmorseamosdmorse Posts: 4 ✭✭

I usually smoke alone but had the recent pleasure to smoke at a local cigar shop. I was quite relaxing and I enjoyed it immensely. I wish I had read this post before I went but I don’t think I broke any of the etiquette guidelines. Thanks for the work you put into the post.

• Options
    raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the post. I've learned a lot in a short period of time and learned even more from reading this!

Concerning supporting my local B&M (which has a smoker's lounge), I have indeed purchased many sample packs in the past from them. Though I do not buy every time I use and enjoy their lounge, I do try to keep a mental tally of how many time I use their lounge vs how many cigars I've purchased from them.

Is this appropriate? Thanks

Things are about to get interesting...

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say it would be best to buy one more than you're planning on smoking. Buy 3, smoke 2.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.