Home General Discussion

New England Herf

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
All right boys, not to side-track the cold weather thread any longer let's set up a New England Herf!!! Would NH be a fairly central location? Who's in and who has a suggestion for a spot? How about next Saturday (Nov. 17)? Past that I think we're talking December some time. Let's DO THIS!!!

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I hit up the Fed in Plaistow quite a bit. BYOB, great selection, awesome staff, new ventilation system. I know a lot of the guys there. I'd have to check with the boss, but I could be in for next Sat. Could even see if Rasch (used to be on here) is around to meet up.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I would love to join if I didn't live in hockey rinks every weekend. 2 boys, 2 days, 5 rinks this weekend......
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were after 4:30ish I could do Plaistow as well... Robgreen might be down as well.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This is looking good! So let's put Saturday Nov.17 at the Fed in Plaistow, NH @ 5pm out there as the plan and see if that can work for the majority of New Englanders. We can adjust accordingly if we need to but sometimes having a specific appt. helps. If anyone can't make that please say why and maybe we can easily adjust.

I'm looking forward to this and meeting all of you!!!
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    That's sounds great, I'll have to get a sitter but I'll be there.
    Looks like they're only open till 6 on Saturdays. I'll call Ben and see if he's working next Sat and if he'll hang out a bit late.
    Rob1110:
    Looks like they're only open till 6 on Saturdays. I'll call Ben and see if he's working next Sat and if he'll hang out a bit late.
    If this place doesn't work out maybe there is another B&M some place in the general area we can go? I'm not familiar with southern NH so I can't speak about any of them from personal experience.
    We still on for Saturday? Hope you all like Scotch. Scotch, scotch, scotch
    I'm in. Is Fed gonna work out or are they closing at 6?
    I just texted Ben to see if he's planning on sticking around later than 6. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.
    Just talked to Ben. He said he'd stick around until 8 or so as long as it's profitable to the company (i.e. as long as everybody plans on buying some sticks and not just bringing their travel humidor to smoke their own stuff). I'm pretty sure I can make it but it might be earlier on. Just gotta see what the woman is up to.

I'd highly recommend the My Father Federal Exclusive - Le Bijou wrapped with a Connie wrapper. The mini robusto size is smoking awesome right now. They also have a very impressive selection over all with some nice aged and high end smokes in their aging room (big walk-in humidor).

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the short bald guy hanging out with Ben.

-Rob
    I don't mind meeting a little earlier on, it would be nice to spend a little more time there. It's a long drive for me so I'd like to spend the late afternoon/early evening there. Who else is in? Looks like they have a nice selection of cigars, too!
    I'm probably shooting for 4ish. Gonna meet up with some buddies, Nick and Rasch (Raschnuts from here - hasn't been on here in a while). There's a pizza/sub place near by, so we usually grab some food, bring some beer and just munch, drink and smoke for a few hours at the Fed. Just look for us whenever you get there.
    I'll be heading there around 4 to 5, so I'll see you BOTL on Saturday.
    robertgreen30:

Same.... See ya's there!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Crap. I wish I had seen this sooner. This sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I can't make it. Maybe on the next one.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    robertgreen30:

Same.... See ya's there!
    Jealous.
    I'm psyched Raschnuts is gonna make it! He and I have talked a few times about trying to meet up for a herf but it never materialized...until now!!! I'll be there around 4ish as well. PSYCH!!!!
    Everyone still in? I'll be the handsome fella wearing a Bruins cap and a PBR hoodie.

~Greg
    Rob and i are still in. 3ish for us... See ya there....
    Great time guys! Hope to do it again!
    Agreed!!! It was great to meet you guys and share a few smokes as well as get brought up to speed on all the scotch and beers I need to keep an eye out for. Looking forward to next time!
    Awesome time yesterday, guys. Thank you to Bigharpoon for organizing. Great meeting everyone and we'll definitely have to do this again sometime.

Vision, I owe you an M80.
    Had a great time, glad to meet you guys and we should do this once a month or so. Looking forward to the next one.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    Had a great time, glad to meet you guys and we should do this once a month or so. Looking forward to the next one.
    PM to you.
    Rain:
    robertgreen30:
    PM to you.
    PM replied
    I say we setup another day to herf again
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how I missed this the last time ........ But I would definitely be down for this ..... I'm off every weekend and have no issues doing this. Also if we wanted to try there are a few nice places that I stopped it in Nashua NH as well ...... Any which way I am up for this .
    I definitely want to do this again. If everyone wanted to get on this we could do next Saturday, Jan. 12th.???
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have plans with the wife next weekend. If its then I can't make it.