Vulchor's Views from the Nest

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Vulchor:
    Wafflebob:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:
    Well, I guess we are all aware now that you have seen and heard alot of these points before. I have no problem debating F2F. This is not a topic for debate, because it is simply a rant. By the way, I attend county commisioner meetings where I live. You have made your point you believe I am a coward (which I respect) but as the internet has opened up a new mode of communication I dont see the need to meet someone across the country to discusss a topic or blow off steam when typing works just as well. And while alot of what I wrote I will not stick to, and inded is heartless or mean spirited----I will stick to my belief the aniums as you put it toward Palin is deserved, and I will just leave it to Joe Six Pack, Great Supreme Court Decisions, and Hockey Moms everywhere to elaborate as to why.
    You're changing my words to compensate for your poor arguments. I never suggested that you fly across the country. What I said was that you use the internet to go on these rants, yet you're a coward because you'd never stand up in a bar or a street and say these things. You going to commission meetings is completely irrelevant - you wouldn't stand up in a crowded town hall and repeat what you just typed.

If you read the post, you'd see I was agreeing with you - you're a coward you hides behind anonymity and the internet, posts Leftist rants against politicians who you don't like, and then hides again - your only defense is "well I post these things because I can". You don't have the courage to say these things to the people at the commission meetings, you don't have the courage to say these things to the people you live and work with everyday, and you don't have the courage to even stand behind your arguments on a forum message board.

If you need to blow off steam, go kick a dog or drown a kitten; your rant more than suggests you'd do it gleefully if it were somehow connected to Palin
    This argument is ad hominem. Whether he is a coward or willing to speak this things in a crowded town hall or on the street corner has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are valid or heartfelt. If you disagree with his opinions it's fine to argue against them but attacking him directly is uncalled for.
    Thanks Bob (love the Captain by the way). I didnt see any reason for a personal attack either. Im sure you are aware I could just as easily lauch I tirade about someones character, but as my wife has tried to teach me since I met her (lol) if you cant say something nice about someone, say nothing. Not to say my rant didnt go after people, but these were public figures. Nevetheless, I try to hold myself to a standard of respect for others, not only for them but for my own sense of pride.
    You have to be kidding here. You try to hold yourself to a standard of respect for others???? I actually agreed with some of your points and thought some of the post was funny. But your repeated bashing of Palin's daughter for apparently being the world's biggest *** and her "****" were respectful? I try to insert myself into other people's arguments. I'm not trying to be a *** here, I don't even like Palin as a politican. But come on. Gimme a break. Your post was the absolute pinnacle of disrespect.

Kids with Down's Syndrome who are the children of politicians aren't fair game, either.
    I just look at someone who attacks ANYONE with Down's Syndrome and figure that is about the only target they can go for... And online no less, because most "retards" are still smarter than someone who would make comments like that.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Well than for my disrespect of retarded people I suppose that makes me retarded and horrible myself. But considering I have heard the likes of George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinnison, and Ricky Gervais make off color and inappropriate comments about challenged people (although I dare say they did not mean it literally either) at least I am in decent company. I have said all I can about the retarded comments, if it repulses you I am sorry----if it gave you a guilty little laugh I am glad----because life is freakin sad and to be able to laugh at something and still not make fun of it is a trait not everyone has.
    Luko:
    Vulchor:
    Wafflebob:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:
    Well, I guess we are all aware now that you have seen and heard alot of these points before. I have no problem debating F2F. This is not a topic for debate, because it is simply a rant. By the way, I attend county commisioner meetings where I live. You have made your point you believe I am a coward (which I respect) but as the internet has opened up a new mode of communication I dont see the need to meet someone across the country to discusss a topic or blow off steam when typing works just as well. And while alot of what I wrote I will not stick to, and inded is heartless or mean spirited----I will stick to my belief the aniums as you put it toward Palin is deserved, and I will just leave it to Joe Six Pack, Great Supreme Court Decisions, and Hockey Moms everywhere to elaborate as to why.
    You're changing my words to compensate for your poor arguments. I never suggested that you fly across the country. What I said was that you use the internet to go on these rants, yet you're a coward because you'd never stand up in a bar or a street and say these things. You going to commission meetings is completely irrelevant - you wouldn't stand up in a crowded town hall and repeat what you just typed.

If you read the post, you'd see I was agreeing with you - you're a coward you hides behind anonymity and the internet, posts Leftist rants against politicians who you don't like, and then hides again - your only defense is "well I post these things because I can". You don't have the courage to say these things to the people at the commission meetings, you don't have the courage to say these things to the people you live and work with everyday, and you don't have the courage to even stand behind your arguments on a forum message board.

If you need to blow off steam, go kick a dog or drown a kitten; your rant more than suggests you'd do it gleefully if it were somehow connected to Palin
    This argument is ad hominem. Whether he is a coward or willing to speak this things in a crowded town hall or on the street corner has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are valid or heartfelt. If you disagree with his opinions it's fine to argue against them but attacking him directly is uncalled for.
    Thanks Bob (love the Captain by the way). I didnt see any reason for a personal attack either. Im sure you are aware I could just as easily lauch I tirade about someones character, but as my wife has tried to teach me since I met her (lol) if you cant say something nice about someone, say nothing. Not to say my rant didnt go after people, but these were public figures. Nevetheless, I try to hold myself to a standard of respect for others, not only for them but for my own sense of pride.
    You have to be kidding here. You try to hold yourself to a standard of respect for others???? I actually agreed with some of your points and thought some of the post was funny. But your repeated bashing of Palin's daughter for apparently being the world's biggest *** and her "****" were respectful? I try to insert myself into other people's arguments. I'm not trying to be a *** here, I don't even like Palin as a politican. But come on. Gimme a break. Your post was the absolute pinnacle of disrespect.

Kids with Down's Syndrome who are the children of politicians aren't fair game, either.
    Thank You Luko for finding some of it funny. It was meant to be both stinging, but with a bit of humor or wit...and yes it was disrespectful. My next post will be much more toned down---at least with respect to matter so close to people, so I like humor a little more than I like true raw emotion as a whole.
    Vulchor:
    Well than for my disrespect of retarded people I suppose that makes me retarded and horrible myself. But considering I have heard the likes of George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinnison, and Ricky Gervais make off color and inappropriate comments about challenged people (although I dare say they did not mean it literally either) at least I am in decent company. I have said all I can about the retarded comments, if it repulses you I am sorry----if it gave you a guilty little laugh I am glad----because life is freakin sad and to be able to laugh at something and still not make fun of it is a trait not everyone has.
    I just find it different if you are calling someone who is actually not mentally disabled a tard because they are just stupid, but when you are actually talking about an infant with Down's Syndrome because you don't agree with his parents political views, or for any reason, it is a cruel attack.
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    I just find it different if you are calling someone who is actually not mentally disabled a tard because they are just stupid, but when you are actually talking about an infant with Down's Syndrome because you don't agree with his parents political views, or for any reason, it is a cruel attack.
    Your probably right and my intense anger with the republicans at the time spawned that attack and it was inappropriate and only meant to offend and be hurtful-----I am not disagreeing here or saying I wasnt wrong. Just putting it out for discussion.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I actually was thinking about the late Carlin while reading your first post.... oh I will miss that great man! anyway, puro was right though, a lot of people who we deem retarded are very smart, though not all that common but a lot of genius's are people who society at one time looked down upon. I rather an ass when it comes to things sometimes and I do find humor in things that others would balk at, and I don't find things taboo very often but I do say it is poor taste to pick fun at a kid just because the family are dim-wits. I will say that not much can be said that is worse than what Palin did by using the baby as a selling point. that was plain wrong. I can feel your pain and frustration with a lot of republicans but at the same time there are many democrats that are pissing me off too. I think it all comes down to money and that is very sad. The oaths they took mean nothing and that in itself should be grounds for dismissal.

But I will hand it to Republicans, they may only know how to cause problems and bring on debt and massive amounts of money to the upper 1 percent, but they sure are organized. Something that the democrats seem to be not very good at. Though the democrats don't whine and cry like the republicans do. When they had power for the last 12 or 10 years they did what they wanted and didn't care for any bi-partisen but when they have virtually no power they complain that things aren't fair and that they don't have any say. Though I find it funny since all they can do about the issues at hand are pick at them, be obstructionists, and continue to make BS talking points with no facts behind them just to instill retarded (no pun intended) people or people who take everything they hear as fact with the notion that everything is true. Example is, healthcare when you hear from all sectors of the Right and especially the far right that it will cripple the US, bring it to a fascist state, and keep you from being treated. Such BS. Oh and then their's the great one of the last 8 years, terrorist attacks! oh no, we need to protect ourselves from being attacked!!! oh wow, let me see, terror attacks have happend several times in the US, and hey, if the Administration that had the worst one to date had acted on intel from the CIA and NSA and FBI months before hand, then things would have been different, but these same people like to tell us that we are much safer with their policies. Funny how that works, and they aren't done, the former VP who was no where to be seen during the attacks is now saying we are less safe, less safe because of the no-torture policy. The man that was probably behind the policies over the last 8 years is telling the country and the now President that he's got it wrong. Funny. It's a simple thing, we will get attacked again, we get attacked all the time, embessies get bombed and we lose American Lives every day GodDammit because the and a lot of other Ass holes in the last admin put their lives on the line for F'ing money or power or what ever you want to call it. Oh and just not that, our economy, or respect, my god we had almost every country on our side after 9-11, but after the Iraq lie we were spit on.

I know there are a lot of good republicans out there, I use to be one, and I'm hoping that they can turn the party around I really do. There needs to be more unity and less division if this country will ever live on. People are going to disagree and that is good but when the disagreement comes from a need to make money and just not money but massive amounts of money and put the country at jeopardy than that is going to kill it. And there is one thing I really don't understand, if the US is brought down, destroyed, or put into a 3rd world economy people with massive amounts of money won't be around long to enjoy it, in fact I'm sure they won't be so perky then. One thing that I do know is that the American spirit only comes alive when it is hit and hit hard. We only come together when the stakes are low. I just wish that could happen when they weren't. We could have a much better country and I really mean that.
    Thank You Squirrel , and I appreciate you seeing past the crassness at the bit of humor and "touching a nerve" I was trying to do for emotion and provocation. Its a shame (and I am sayingthis as a whole, not about ANYONE here or anyone specifically) that everything is taken so personally and people cant get a laugh about touchy subjects to make things a little easier to swallow. I just think of all the times Richard Pryor made MS jokes...and yes he had it, which makes it a little different----but he did it to engage a discussion and try to take just a little misery out of it to get a laugh. Not saying mine was as tasteful or the same, just saying we as a people have sure lessened out ability to "lighten up" it seems.
    Just thought of a few things this week that I question, or find a bit odd----figuring someone here may be able to assist.

1--Why is it that when someone farts it usually smells like my Aunt Mary’s @ss, but your own flatulence is rarely that bad?

2--Why is it that fat broads ALWAYS have to possess at least one article of clothing with Winnie the Pooh or one of his cohorts upon it?

3--Why is it a woman can wear a bikini and I am allowed to undress her with my eyes (or at least to gaze upon her casually), but I face sexual harassment charges if I request to view her in her bra and panties?

4--Why does it always seem the woman at the bar who you know will take anyone home has an anklet or toe ring on her foot or leg EVERYTIME...what is it about these accessories?

Just things I thought over the week and throwing them out there for any possible resolution.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    1--Why is it that when someone farts it usually smells like my Aunt Mary’s @ss, but your own flatulence is rarely that bad?
    everyone likes their own flavor
    Vulchor:

2--Why is it that fat broads ALWAYS have to possess at least one article of clothing with Winnie the Pooh or one of his cohorts upon it?
    misery loves company?
    Vulchor:

3--Why is it a woman can wear a bikini and I am allowed to undress her with my eyes (or at least to gaze upon her casually), but I face sexual harassment charges if I request to view her in her bra and panties?
    funny answer: the ones that want you to look at them in the bikini are all ****. the ones you ask in your office are prudes.
    real answer: the bikini is a volunteered action. and you arent that studly....

ok that was funny too...
    Vulchor:

4--Why does it always seem the woman at the bar who you know will take anyone home has an anklet or toe ring on her foot or leg EVERYTIME...what is it about these accessories?
    cos only dirty girls like their own feet.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like somene came across a fat chick with gas in a winne the pooh bikini wearing an anklet....

Dude, i wanna party with you!!!
    Jetmech_63:
    Sounds like somene came across a fat chick with gas in a winne the pooh bikini wearing an anklet....

it wasnt as cool as you think. however, if you are ever in town, ill show you where i found her.
    Jetmech_63:

Hey that as the girl before I met my wife!!!!....LOL, that reply was classic bro.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Vulchor, I applaude your decision to vent and disclose your opinion, it may not have been eloquent and might have been rough around the edges but by golly this is still america where persons have the right to express our opinions, Right or wrong. It is your right.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:

This exact discussion came up in a bar with some friends of mine recently (both guys and girls). My buddy brought up a good point. If you met a girl at a bar and hit it off, you could ask that girl if she wanted to go to the beach tomorrow and if she says yes (which she'd be more apt to go for this option), you essentially get to see her in her bra and panties (sometimes less, depending on the bathing suit). On the other hand, if you were to ask that same girl if she wanted to hang around in her underwear tomorrow, you'd probably get a slap across the face.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    Rob1110:
    Vulchor:

This exact discussion came up in a bar with some friends of mine recently (both guys and girls). My buddy brought up a good point. If you met a girl at a bar and hit it off, you could ask that girl if she wanted to go to the beach tomorrow and if she says yes (which she'd be more apt to go for this option), you essentially get to see her in her bra and panties (sometimes less, depending on the bathing suit). On the other hand, if you were to ask that same girl if she wanted to hang around in her underwear tomorrow, you'd probably get a slap across the face.
    Many of them, especially young women wear fancy expensive ones too. And not expensive because they are comfy, but because of the design. Whats the point? Might as wear just buy the cheap multpacks of plain ones.
    Wafflebob:
    Rob1110:
    Vulchor:

Many of them, especially young women wear fancy expensive ones too. And not expensive because they are comfy, but because of the design. Whats the point? Might as wear just buy the cheap multpacks of plain ones.
    ...and a real reason why you cant ask to see them in their undies? many times that fancy underwear is see-through.
    kuzi16:
    Wafflebob:
    Rob1110:
    Vulchor:

...and a real reason why you cant ask to see them in their undies? many times that fancy underwear is see-through.
    Which, Kuzi.......is the precise reason I want to play the part of the inspector.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

So we just have to make the designers start putting out see-through bikinis and we're golden! Then they might as well wear their bra and panties around us.

I'm on this guys.
    Rob1110:
    kuzi16:

So we just have to make the designers start putting out see-through bikinis and we're golden! Then they might as well wear their bra and panties around us.

I'm on this guys.
    Rob, Im glad to hear your on board. Please get back to me ASAP with the action plan so we can get these bikinis into circulation before the end of the summer.
    I must admit I found it odd no one else either agrees with or has a reason (other than Kuzi) as to why the Winnie the Pooh on fat women and why the anklets on $lutty ones. This is something I have pondered for probably 10yrs now....and would write my graduate thesis on if my professor would let me.
    the more i think about it the more i think that the anklet is because they are under house arrest...
    House arrest...not a bad idea
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    those arn't anklets ...thats the top of their pantyhose ...it won't go up any further
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I could see a good reason for the see through bikini but everytime I go to the store or am around an apartment I can see this not working.... Some people should be fined for wearing something other than a moomoo.
    J/K to teh guy getting married, I thought it was a funny post. But I firgured I would take a minute off from my a-hole attitude and comments on here just to share with everyone-----That I am again a proud new father (2nd for me---and last I must say, as my wife is 10yrs older than me and 4 total is enough for her, lol). A new baby girl named Paige, born by C-Section on Friday night----6 and a half pounds. Just wanted to shout it to the world....or at least my cigar buddies on here. Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congrats on the baby girl ...
    fantastic.

smoke a good one

kuzi16:
    fantastic.

smoke a good one

As soon as the wife gdamn family leaves (puke in my mouth)----I will do just that....Thanks Kuzi.
    Vulchor:
    As soon as the wife gdamn family leaves (puke in my mouth)
    ive felt the same way.

when i have a kid will go out as soon as i know the wife is pregnant. I will buy three cigars. one to smoke on the day of birth. and two more to age for 18 years and share with my kid on their 18th birthday.
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    As soon as the wife gdamn family leaves (puke in my mouth)
    ive felt the same way.

when i have a kid will go out as soon as i know the wife is pregnant. I will buy three cigars. one to smoke on the day of birth. and two more to age for 18 years and share with my kid on their 18th birthday.
    I've got 2 Opus I bought not long after my son was born last year that I am saving until his 18th. I think that will be a well aged smoke by then!