Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Vulchor's Views from the Nest

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Thanks for the mood lightening. I think the colorful vultures were beautiful.

And I'm not defending Robertson, I just want to know why it has been implied that he said something he didn't say. “Likened” does not mean “combined activity” does it?

Your quiet welcome good sir and thanks for the compliment.
    As for what was said, there is way too much room for interpretation for me to state an opinion on that can of worms.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Bob Luken:

And I'm not defending Robertson, I just want to know why it has been implied that he said something he didn't say. “Likened” does not mean “combined activity” does it?

As for what was said, there is way too much room for interpretation for me to state an opinion on that can of worms.

LOL. No, and I didn't intend to ask you to take sides. It was just a question that popped into my head that would have been better suited for my previous post.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Bob Luken:

LOL. No, and I didn't intend to ask you to take sides. It was just a question that popped into my head that would have been better suited for my previous post.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    RBeckom:
    Bob Luken:

No offence was taken I assure you. My opinion's, if I shared them would only stir up more controversy, so I digress on this one.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct Bob, those are my words and I (along with the media) may be twisting his words or meaning somewhat. I believe the man is a moron and even putting the two things in the same sentence, or trying to lecture me on god's preferences seem somewhere between egotistical and delusional

Asfor the Vultures, I too love the colored one, and have often thought of making it my avatar here and for other things where I use the same name. Out of sheer habit and belief in some sort of tradition (or fear of change) I have not yet done so-----however, now that you have mentioned it, I am very much considering.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    You are correct Bob, those are my words and I (along with the media) may be twisting his words or meaning somewhat. I believe the man is a moron and even putting the two things in the same sentence, or trying to lecture me on god's preferences seem somewhere between egotistical and delusional

Asfor the Vultures, I too love the colored one, and have often thought of making it my avatar here and for other things where I use the same name. Out of sheer habit and belief in some sort of tradition (or fear of change) I have not yet done so-----however, now that you have mentioned it, I am very much considering.
    So you you claimed he said words more offensive with a clearly different meaning than what he actually said. And you call that “may be twisting his words or meaning somewhat.”. Just because you don't like him? Ummm, wow, ..........is it too late for me to get on your good side?
  • Options
    I have no good side or bad side, also I am confident that if you asked the bumpkin prior to this if he agreed with my statement we would say something along the lines of "ur durn tootin", so I cant say I feel like Im twisting too much. As far as not liking him I couldnt care less, I think he is more of a moron for saying something to potentially ruin the cash cow he has with his brand than anything he actually said. Anyone can be a moron, but to say something that could ruin a cash flow of his magnitude is even more appaling.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:

The media twists the facts in order to drum up emotions, hatred, racism, etc. The end product to their journalistic malpractice is to try and get higher ratings and revenues.

Opinions are fine, and we can all agree to disagree but twisting the facts is a quick way to lose an argument and credibility on a small online community.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I have no good side or bad side, also I am confident that if you asked the bumpkin prior to this if he agreed with my statement we would say something along the lines of "ur durn tootin", so I cant say I feel like Im twisting too much. As far as not liking him I couldnt care less, I think he is more of a moron for saying something to potentially ruin the cash cow he has with his brand than anything he actually said. Anyone can be a moron, but to say something that could ruin a cash flow of his magnitude is even more appaling.
    I'm talking about fair play (or the lack of it) on your part. You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to make up an offensive statement and deliberately tell us that someone else said it. Not without running the risk of someone calling you out on it.
  • Options
    The King Vulture's, the pretty birds, think of them and put this argument to bed for it is very tired. No one will win or lose this one. People's feelings will be hurt for sure but no one will end on top and even if they did it would still be on top of a pile of crap!
    Geeze folks let one go every now and then!
    The pretty birds!!!!!!!!!!
    Think of them..........

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    The King Vulture's, the pretty birds, think of them and put this argument to bed for it is very tired. No one will win or lose this one. People's feelings will be hurt for sure but no one will end on top and even if they did it would still be on top of a pile of crap!
    Think of them..........

I like NACHOS!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Think of them..........

Good idea. My focus was (very) narrow and I will be happy to end this discussion. If there are hurt feelings I regret that. My apologies if I have offended.
  • Options
    It's all about the pretty, pretty, pretty birds!
    Nothing else matters but the pretty birds!

• Options
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    Think of them..........

I like NACHOS!!

Nice.
    Even though I jacked this thread, it was for good and not for evil intentions said the madman!
    :-)

• Options
    RBeckom:

Tell me more about the vulture chicks you were photographing. Where were they nesting that you could get so close?
  • Options
    variant2:
    Vulchor:

The media twists the facts in order to drum up emotions, hatred, racism, etc. The end product to their journalistic malpractice is to try and get higher ratings and revenues.

Opinions are fine, and we can all agree to disagree but twisting the facts is a quick way to lose an argument and credibility on a small online community.

Because my "credibility" on a topic such as Dyuck Dynasty on a forum I have been on for 5 years or so is going to keep me up at night good sir.....just sayin.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    RBeckom:

Tell me more about the vulture chicks you were photographing. Where were they nesting that you could get so close?

They raise every year in an old barn on some of my hunting land. I have several more photos of them as they grew but I will have to dig them out and will post them Later on The Rambling Man's post as I have Jacked this post enough already.
    And to you Vulchor, I formally apologize for disturbing your thread. I just thought that a little levity couldn't hurt. Perhaps I was wrong.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    variant2:
    Vulchor:

Because my "credibility" on a topic such as Dyuck Dynasty on a forum I have been on for 5 years or so is going to keep me up at night good sir.....just sayin.

What good is a forum where we can not state our opinion's? I personally see no wrong that you did, you simply spoke your mind just as everyone else did. Don't worry about other's when they also speak their minds, it's all good and to be taken with everyone's different personality's in mind or else the forums would have failed years ago my friend.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Maybe I missed the point of Duck Dynasty...I thought we were laughing at hillbillies? Weren't we? Can't we still laugh at them?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    variant2:
    Vulchor:

Wasn't really about DD -- couldn't care less about that show. Anyways... moving on.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Maybe I missed the point of Duck Dynasty...I thought we were laughing at hillbillies? Weren't we? Can't we still laugh at them?

Indeed we can laugh for that is the true reason behind that show, publicity, as was the words spoken were to intentionally gain popularity!
    And did they ever!

• Options
    RBeckom:
    Ken Light:

Indeed we can laugh for that is the true reason behind that show, publicity, as was the words spoken were to intentionally gain popularity!
    And did they ever!

Agreed.
    But in the same token, Don Mattingly once made a comment about how a celebrity has a personal life and personal opinions, but in the same token, some must remember that there are young people that look up to them and it would do that celebrity good to remember that.

I get having beliefs and all that, but usually when a person goes to the point where they "know" it will create extreme controversy (and it is clear Robertson is no dummy), then you have to question the motives.
    I like the show for what it is. Entertainment.
    But I also take all the press for what it is. His opinion. Do I agree with his opinion?
    Not necessarily.

But in the same token, I often didn't agree with my Grandfather's opinions (and trust me, very old natives can be very out of this world opinionated), but it didn't make him someone I didn't want to talk to or see.
    If that analogy makes any sense.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I despise this show....I can't walk around Wal-Mart or anything similar without seeing Duck Dynasty - Cookies, Candles, Socks, Shoes, Shirts, Hats, anything, everything, etc etc etc
  • Options
    New Boots:
    I despise this show....I can't walk around Wal-Mart or anything similar without seeing Duck Dynasty - Cookies, Candles, Socks, Shoes, Shirts, Hats, anything, everything, etc etc etc
    It could be worse, they could get Miley Cyrus to be a spokes model for them. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    Ken Light:

And did they ever!

Agreed.
    But in the same token, Don Mattingly once made a comment about how a celebrity has a personal life and personal opinions, but in the same token, some must remember that there are young people that look up to them and it would do that celebrity good to remember that.

I get having beliefs and all that, but usually when a person goes to the point where they "know" it will create extreme controversy (and it is clear Robertson is no dummy), then you have to question the motives.
    I like the show for what it is. Entertainment.
    But I also take all the press for what it is. His opinion. Do I agree with his opinion?
    Not necessarily.

But in the same token, I often didn't agree with my Grandfather's opinions (and trust me, very old natives can be very out of this world opinionated), but it didn't make him someone I didn't want to talk to or see.
    If that analogy makes any sense.
    I get it, but Don Mattingly was a great ballplayer that people looked up to. The DD folks are stooges there for folks to laugh at (whether you think they're intelligent aside, their role is that of stooges). Stooges are laughed AT, not with, and the things they do and say are subject to ridicule. If anyone should be offended by his saying what he did it's people who share that belief, because he pretty much made everyone laugh at it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    It could be worse, they could get Miley Cyrus to be a spokes model for them. ROFL!
    Give it time...

• Options
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    Give it time...

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Id take Miley over them....but the Miley that can look like an attractive female, not the current incarnation. As for all the DD stuff everywhere, its overkill to the same degree the "Get Er Done" made me want to vomit by the end of the run.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Id take Miley over them....but the Miley that can look like an attractive female, not the current incarnation. As for all the DD stuff everywhere, its overkill to the same degree the "Get Er Done" made me want to vomit by the end of the run.

I couldn't agree with statement any that more than I do.
    But you might be a redneck if..................