Home General Discussion
Options

CIGARFEST 2013

Comments

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Change of plans I now have tickets reserved for the Saturday event. I really wanted to attend events on Thursday but the Split rock is only check out people on Thursday.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Bump! A great time was had by all. The extra day last year made a huge difference. Both days were the same inside the event, it is only the sponsored events @ night that differ.
  • Options
    Our favorite cooky canadian
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Damn, same weekend as Whiskyfest, looks really awesome.
  • Options
    Whiskeyfest? Dude, cigarfest is a clear winner over that.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    from what i remember from our herf in chicago thantos is a huge whiskey ****...
  • Options
    but, since he is posting in a cigar forum, i would have to agree with ashes
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Any one have any heads up on hotel ideas or deals? Anyone staying in outskirts? Whats everyones strategy

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    the on site hotel you cannot book until you have your tickets. then you can book a room there. The outskirt ones, not sure about. i know they have shuttles in between places as well. I stay on site though.
  • Options
    Trident:
    from what i remember from our herf in chicago thantos is a huge whiskey ****...
    Guilty as charged. It would have been a difficult choice for me between my vices... If I hadn't already bought tickets and rooms for WhiskyFest last month. Oh well, I will trust you guys to smoke one for me and I will drink a dram or twenty for ya'll.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    For those that dare to venture north, into the wilds of Canada....Toronto has an amazing scotch night downtown on May 11, 2013. Tickets include the scotch glass, food and all you can sample..NO tickets/ sample like some. There are 'masterclasses' where you sample 4-5 samples, complete with explanations, vertical samplings, etc. The night ends on the patio, with a complimentary cc paired with an appropriate scotch. Last year tix were about 125 or so...more than worth it! Details found here: http://www.spiritoftoronto.ca/
  • Options
    bearb:
    For those that dare to venture north, into the wilds of Canada....Toronto has an amazing scotch night downtown on May 11, 2013. Tickets include the scotch glass, food and all you can sample..NO tickets/ sample like some. There are 'masterclasses' where you sample 4-5 samples, complete with explanations, vertical samplings, etc. The night ends on the patio, with a complimentary cc paired with an appropriate scotch. Last year tix were about 125 or so...more than worth it! Details found here: http://www.spiritoftoronto.ca/
    Damn, that looks nice. Need to plot for next year.
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Question for everyone that has gone before. How early do the lines form for registration ? And just because you get a number does that guarantee tickets ?
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Have a great time fellas! This year it will be ENFIDL free
    Whatever bro!
    Wow, I can't believe it's almost been a year. Pre-reg is Friday?
  • Options
    Preregistration already happened. Tickets go on sale sat at 2pm. At least or online sales. I have nodes about in person sales
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Whatever bro!
    Royln...you, Carl, and Steve making the trip?
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Whatever bro!
    Doesnt look like it this year. Our plans have slowly been falling apart for one reason or another! Maybe next year!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    y2pascoe:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Whatever bro!
    Doesnt look like it this year. Our plans have slowly been falling apart for one reason or another! Maybe next year!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This sucks donkey balls ....... Are any of you VA guys gonna make it up ..... This sucks .... Carlos .... you need to be there ..... So I have a question ...... How doe's that actually work tomorrow .... I am pre-registered for Saturday. Do I call in or do they email me or do I do it online??? inquiring minds want to know? Thanks fella's.
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    smoke em if you got em:
    y2pascoe:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Whatever bro!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This sucks donkey balls ....... Are any of you VA guys gonna make it up ..... This sucks .... Carlos .... you need to be there ..... So I have a question ...... How doe's that actually work tomorrow .... I am pre-registered for Saturday. Do I call in or do they email me or do I do it online??? inquiring minds want to know? Thanks fella's.
    Hmm...what do you do if you didn't pre-register (like myself)? The tickets link just take just takes you to a page with the auction information.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    kingjk729:
    smoke em if you got em:
    y2pascoe:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Whatever bro!
    Hmm...what do you do if you didn't pre-register (like myself)? The tickets link just take just takes you to a page with the auction information.
    well last year after I pre registered I had to wake up butt ass early like 3 or 4 am and click on the link in the email and purchase them that way. I think this year would be the same except they are going on sale during the day. If you didn't pre register I think the only way is to het them through auction but don't hold me to that one.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    If you haven't pre registered already you know have two choices. Cigar nut auction or calling, 3 actually if you count waiting in line in Bethlehem
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Saturday was sold out but I was able to procure a VIH ticket for Saturday. Last year was a blast and I'm looking forward to it again. Those of you I met last year who are going, I'm looking forward to seeing you once again. I'm excited to herf, have some fellowship, and maybe do some parkour this time around.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Got a Friday ticket Whooooooo. Was anyone able to get the hat? It was sold out in like 6 secs
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    Got a Friday ticket Whooooooo. Was anyone able to get the hat? It was sold out in like 6 secs
    I was told they were back ordered. We met last year, right? You were there with your wife?
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    haha not wife, but close enough. Most likely yes, but I'm better with faces
  • Options
    So does back ordered mean we can still get some?
  • Options
    Trident:
    So does back ordered mean we can still get some?
    I suppose. I guess you could call and check. Nothing was ever mentioned about the hat. She told me the shirts were backordered and asked me what size I wanted. Another thing that confused me a little bit is when she quoted me the total to be charged, it was just the $165 cost of the VIH ticket. When I asked if that included the hat and shirt she said yes. Did the VIH ticket include the hat and shirt? If it did, yahoo for me, I guess. I'm honestly not too concerned about the hat and shirt. I don't think I've even made a dent in the cigars the hat and shirt got me last year. I'm just happy to be going again.
  • Options
    the stuff was all ordered sep. You had to preorder each thing. so not sure how you got it for that price, but thats a great price. VIH was 165, +50 for the shirt and +20 for the hat. So if you got it for $165, you lucked out, esp with the swag too. I will call andy today and find out what he can do. We should work on getting something together. Like I said, I am leaning more towards friday night, after the bonfire, in one of their smoking tents they have set up. thoughts?
  • Options
    Trident:
    the stuff was all ordered sep. You had to preorder each thing. so not sure how you got it for that price, but thats a great price. VIH was 165, +50 for the shirt and +20 for the hat. So if you got it for $165, you lucked out, esp with the swag too. I will call andy today and find out what he can do. We should work on getting something together. Like I said, I am leaning more towards friday night, after the bonfire, in one of their smoking tents they have set up. thoughts?
    Yeah, I'm in. So far I count yourself, me and PsychoSJG registered for Friday. Anyone else going to the Friday event?
  • Options
    puffy master also