Home General Discussion
Options

CIGARFEST 2013

Comments

• Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    Hey put me down on the list as I'm going as well as 6 others with me. :) Party on. Oh and the green shirt looks like ***. I got slimed too. I heard the Saturday guys got the blueish/grey.
  • Options
    FYI, We are going to be bringing around 100 of our homemade cigars to Cigarfest and we will be handing them out for free. Most of them will be on Friday, so look for the Crap Mobile and our tailgaiting party outside of our car!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    If anyone can find a box of dirty rats at the drew estates event. Please let me know in looking for a box or two. Thanks
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    long_ashes:
    FYI, We are going to be bringing around 100 of our homemade cigars to Cigarfest and we will be handing them out for free. Most of them will be on Friday, so look for the Crap Mobile and our tailgaiting party outside of our car!
    Sounds good. What's your ride?
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty excited.
  • Options
    blue nissan altima with license plate Long Ash. We will probably have a sign up for the Crap Network
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Shirts all I can say is wow. Feel like a 70's curtain. Anyway I have 2 General Admission tickets available face value, for the friday event. IN michigan if you need a ride or travel accom let me know.

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    First time going with a few buddies.  We have the VIH tickets.  Any advice on what would be a good arrival time for the 12:30 entrance time?  How long should we expect to stand in line?  Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • Options
    fumantem000:
    First time going with a few buddies.  We have the VIH tickets.  Any advice on what would be a good arrival time for the 12:30 entrance time?  How long should we expect to stand in line?  Thanks for any help you can offer.
    I had general admission tickets last year and I'd say we waited in line for about 45 mins. I suspect it'd be a shorter wait time for a VIH ticket holder. I'll find out in a few days I guess. If you're staying at any of the local hotels, they have free shuttle service to Split Rock for the events. They looked like they had plenty of parking available otherwise. Also, remember to pack a tooth brush, and always use the buddy system.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Anyone going on Saturday? If so, shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    PM sent
  • Options
    cleakecleake Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Anyone have an extra Sat ticket for any level (GA, VIH,NUT) that they are looking to move at face value? My weekend suddenly freed up! Please PM me- Thanks all
  • Options
    This weekend is going to be full of smoking cigars, hanging out with friends, talking with fellow cigar smokers, and full on drunken debauchery! I can't wait. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week, and then it's off to CigarFest 2013! This is my fourth year going, and the 10th anniversary of what can only be explained as a mega herf (look it up). Seven of us are going to the Poconos, a 9 hour drive, and then the festivities can begin. 80+ cigars, humidor, ashtray, cutters, lighters, hats, tshirts, duffle bag, posters, and other cool swag. Raffle prizes, free beer, free barbecue dinner, cheesy announcers, and tons of B list cigar celebrities. Four years ago, my buddy Robert Shipe? and I ventured into the unknown and now have included our other friends into the tradition. We talk half the year about the events that took place, and then another half a year about our anticipation for the next one. Cigars International? runs it, and it is always a great event. Epicness will ensue, and I can't wait! Look for us, we would love to kick off a side party (or two), plus I will be handing out free cigars on Friday before the general admission sales outside of the parking lot. It's my homemades that I made. CIGARFEST!!!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    fumantem000:
    ////doors open @ 12:30, so u can choose to stand in line like the other 988 ppl for 2+ hours...or find a nice spot to relax, show up @ 12:35 and walk right in.

As per other advice...hmm:
    -visibility is the key to winter drivnig, so be sure to clean off all snow and debris before driving;
    - wait 30 minutes to swim after eating a heavy meal
    -if you love someone, let them go...if they return, no one else wanted them either
    -It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
    Don't wipe yer wiener on the curtains.
    -and of course Yogi has a few fine ones also:
    You can observe a lot just by watching.
    Enjoy your time @ CF :)
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Standing in line isn't bad, it's like tailgating for some. Hanging out with friends and socializing with strangers until you get in is a decent way to pass the time. Some take chairs and coolers and then run that back to their cars prior to getting.
  • Options
    Yeah I've done the general admission every year and I don't have a problem with it. I like standing in line, because I can smoke a cigar while waiting. As long as I have a cigar in my hand and I'm with my friends, it doesn't matter what's going on. Besides, we got a room in the galleria this year so our cars are not moving from that spot. :)
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I'll be at the diesel both guys so drop by and say hello!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    You're not going to be at Split Rock?
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    You're not going to be at Split Rock?
    The Diesel booth is inside/ at CF. Back right hand side corner, in the main building I would assume.
  • Options
    Just checked into the hotel a little while ago. Who's going to the MoW event in a couple of hours?
  • Options
    We should be at the hotel in 30 and then its mow time
  • Options
    long_ashes:
    We should be at the hotel in 30 and then its mow time
    F^ck'n A.
  • Options
    LgtRodLgtRod Posts: 1
    It's me and 4 of my buddies' first cigarfest, are there after parties and tailgating? We're staying on Split Rock so if anyone is partying give me a shout, I would like to get as reckless as possible this weekend.
  • Options
    I've gotta say it. Sleeper cigar of the show?

Cubero Blend No. 7! And I have 4 left!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I had a blast on Saturday at CigarFest ......... Got the chance to have a pic taken with Shorty and The one and only Alex Svenson. I have also decided that this will become a yearly trip.
  • Options
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    I had a blast on Saturday at CigarFest ......... Got the chance to have a pic taken with Shorty and The one and only Alex Svenson. I have also decided that this will become a yearly trip.
    u Nice!! Glad you had fun!!
  • Options
    'Kevin', Me, PsychoSJG, Skweekz, Y2Pascoe, and The Beav!

Had an absolute blast hanging with these guys and more not pictured at the CAO Concert concert.

You can tell this was early in the night because the table is relatively clean and flash photography didn't just produce a gray rectangle.
  • Options
    LeftFive:

Had an absolute blast hanging with these guys and more not pictured at the CAO Concert concert.

You can tell this was early in the night because the table is relatively clean and flash photography didn't just produce a gray rectangle.
    Thems be some dapper looking young men.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    LeftFive:

I would like to ask for a moment of silence for the 2 chairs that didnt make it that night......... HAhahhaha