Home General Discussion

What's gonna be your 4th of July smoke?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    I picked a Don DIego Playboy. Not my first choice but I knew that I wouldn't be able to dedicate the needed time to smoking so I chose something that I didn't care if I finished or not. The cigar wasn't bad but not that strong. I think my palette is changing. I'm learning toward stronger cigars or maybe my taste is changing. The 858 I had on Friday wasn't as good. I used to love these.
    about time, lol. and yet you like opus X's....
    I didn't smoke anything, but I was thinking about it, I need to find people who enjoy smoking cigars as much as I do as close friends, It sucks. I do like the CAO america, I haven't had any other size than the landmark and robusto, and though I have them I have not smoked them, the gift or special 4 pack that has some very odd shapes, thanks to a fellow botl on here, sorry if I forgot who.... =(

I have been wanting to crack open another gurkha royal salute or platinum though. I just can't seem to find the time to sit back and enjoy a cigar. Like I said before, I need to meet some local cigar smokers....
    I'm not a fan of the OpusX. Too strong for me! I have a few that have been aging since 2004 - 2005 so I may try again. Plus, I got some last year too. We'll see how they age.
    If you are looking to unload those let me know! lol I might be interested in buyin some off of ya!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd resurrect my old thread...so what's it gonna be for you guys?? I plan on smoking a few actually. God of Fire, AB Tempus Centuria, and CAO America!

"Long ashes my friends."

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Possibly an SCCC 'A' if I get them on time. A Camacho Pre-Embargo definitely and maybe a Padilla Miami Lancero
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Jetmech_63:
    I got one in the Humi but havent smoked it yet, but my brother and father are coming up and i have 3 RP Decade Toros i've been holding onto for a while :)
    good choice, I've had a couple of Decades and I was very pleased. Hope you enjoy them!
    I had my first Decade over Father's day weekend (up at the lake which always makes the smokes and everything else better). I loved it! I will always have one in my humi from now on (when i find a deal).
    As for what I'm having over the fourth weekend: Going back up to the lake with the family. (I've got some really nice smokes lately.) I'll be up there for a few days. One of a La Aurora Preferidos (Red, Blue, Platinum), LFD Airbender Valiente, AB Tempus Miagistri, 262 Paradigm Torpedo, Maybe something Camacho, Man O' War, I dunno. I should think about this some more.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I might go for the MOW badge.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I have a Partagas limited reserve I have been wanting to try for a while
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I think i'm going to burn my last 2 forum blends.
    KCW:
    Krieg:
    Jetmech_63:
    I got one in the Humi but havent smoked it yet, but my brother and father are coming up and i have 3 RP Decade Toros i've been holding onto for a while :)
    good choice, I've had a couple of Decades and I was very pleased. Hope you enjoy them!
    I had my first Decade over Father's day weekend (up at the lake which always makes the smokes and everything else better). I loved it! I will always have one in my humi from now on (when i find a deal).
    As for what I'm having over the fourth weekend: Going back up to the lake with the family. (I've got some really nice smokes lately.) I'll be up there for a few days. One of a La Aurora Preferidos (Red, Blue, Platinum), LFD Airbender Valiente, AB Tempus Miagistri, 262 Paradigm Torpedo, Maybe something Camacho, Man O' War, I dunno. I should think about this some more.
    Those AB Magistri's are greatl looking cigars, I smoked one back before Xmas and thought it was a great smoke. If you try one, let me know what u think.

"Long ashes my friends."

• TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    My son graduates from the LA County Fire acadamy tomorrow, we'll be breaking into the super secret humi and burning up some Padron 64s, some Fuente Anejos, some Davidoffs and, a few cubes.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • edhedh Posts: 61
    I'm gonna cap off this year's greasy burger fest with an Oliva Serie V Churchill Extra.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Tokinstogie:
    My son graduates from the LA County Fire acadamy tomorrow, we'll be breaking into the super secret humi and burning up some Padron 64s, some Fuente Anejos, some Davidoffs and, a few cubes.

Nice AVATAR!

On the 4th I will open up my humi and whatever speaks to me that I feel is premium and rested/aged enough I will fire up.
    Current top 2 choices are a Padron 1926 Maduro, Camacho PE.

But if those two dont speak to me on the 4th then it may be:
    DGP My Father
    La Aurora 107 anos
    Illusione
    AB Tempus

I got a few others Ive been circling around also.
    I could also go back to my old stand by Decade. I also have a couple 90 & 92's w 2+years on them, so those could get busted out also.... hmmmm.
    Talk to me humi, talk to me.
    I opened it up today and it said Dominus, I think it was **** with me, damn humi!

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of dragging about half my Humi inventory along with me I do know Comacho PE is one definately a Centurion, Shaggy, not sure what else though, gonna have half a gallon of booze in me as well so I may just start chain smoking at one point... this would be the day for a box of Double Happiness' since I could just snip both ends and go to town.
  • Thinking of smoking my First Draw Wrapper which has been resting for about a year. Tasty tasty
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i'm thinking it should be something with a Connecticut shade wrapper in the morning... or after i get home from work at noon. because i work at 4am on the 4th... and some PA broadleaf in the evening... so i'll be smoking a gurkha beauty and clearly a diesel and a LHC oscuro fuerte...
  • i just purchased one yesterday. it looks delish....i cant wait to light it up after the bbq and before the fireworks...cant wait
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    getting together with some friends for a bbq, been saving some CAO Sopranos for when we all got together and could enjoy a smoke together. gonna pass those out, hopefully they won't disappoint
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    First, I was going to go for the CAO America, then I got some Camaco PEs, thought I'd fire one of those up!

Then I decided, why decide? ;-

CAO America on the 4th (Independence Day)

Camacho Pre-Embargo on the 5th (Tynwald Day)!

Sometimes the best decision is not to make a decision at all!

dwayne3307:
    getting together with some friends for a bbq, been saving some CAO Sopranos for when we all got together and could enjoy a smoke together. gonna pass those out, hopefully they won't disappoint
    I'm sure they won't, I'm actually trying to figure out what my morning smoke is gonna be right now, lol...decisions...decisions...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I think I've decided on a Cask str 2 during the grilling. Nice long burning toro that tastes good. After dinner I'm going to have a Ruination robusto #1 along with this Ruination ipa Timb suggested.
  • Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Just finished a La Herencia Oscuro Fuente

It was ok. The best part was the middle, not a fan of the beginning and end of this smoke. No way I could have done this one in the heat of the day
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Enjoying a Gurkha Legend. Happy Independence Day to you all.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had a Opus X just a bit ago. Even on a full stomach still made me light headed ...damn ...but a very good cigar.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    gmill880:
    Had a Opus X just a bit ago. Even on a full stomach still made me light headed ...damn ...but a very good cigar.
    yap,the X will do it to ya,i amsmoking siglo paired with black label and some fireworks,my neighbour got the goods!
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I had a Graycliff G2 Double Happiness while lighting fireworks, it was perfect for the occasion.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I had a 5 Vegas Miami. Really awesome cigar, hadn't had it before. DELICIOUS.
    I was all set to head out with a camacho PE. But I fell asleep on the couch reading before I went out! Im not sure what Im going to fire up today.
    Well...it's about that time to dig up my old thread......so...what is it gonna be your 4th of July smoke this year?? Last year I did a CAO America...I've done that the last couple of years...but this year I am gonna smoke something different. Don't know what it is yet, but maybe I can get some good suggestions from my fellow BORKs.

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Its gonna be an America bottlerocket again for me. This one has 3 years of age on it.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Might go with an Opus something or other