Home General Discussion
Options

15 May 2014 - CCom Forum Lancero Day II

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    This sounds like a good day to finally light up the DPG Centurian lanceros that are sitting at the bottom of the cooler. I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.
    Oh damn.... I was going to go with brown El Truinfador. Maybe the new El Centurion will be released by then? It's supposed to be a May
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Can I just ask what dimensions would qualify as "lancero"? Reason I ask is because I have had some longer sticks, think Tat Mummy which is 7 x 48, I would consider that lancero but don't know for sure. I did like it very much. I am no Lancero **** like some of you guys but would definitely entertain Lanceros every once in a while as most of my time enjoying the hobby is about an hour tops. What say Ye?
    Last I heard Tat Mummy is definitely a lancero.
    Nah, that is definitely more of a churchill with that RG. Lanceros are typically 38-40ish.
    Yeah, 48 rg is def too big (but I love churhills too). Id say lacero is at most 42-44. 7x38 is common seems like. Id love to try a DPG lance! I already have the zino classics (they are on clearance) and V's!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Can I just ask what dimensions would qualify as "lancero"? Reason I ask is because I have had some longer sticks, think Tat Mummy which is 7 x 48, I would consider that lancero but don't know for sure. I did like it very much. I am no Lancero **** like some of you guys but would definitely entertain Lanceros every once in a while as most of my time enjoying the hobby is about an hour tops. What say Ye?
    Nah, that is definitely more of a churchill with that RG. Lanceros are typically 38-40ish.
    Yeah, 48 rg is def too big (but I love churhills too). Id say lacero is at most 42-44. 7x38 is common seems like. Id love to try a DPG lance! I already have the zino classics (they are on clearance) and V's!
    You're right. I was thinking of the little monster. Even then it may have been a corona? I fail.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    This sounds like a good day to finally light up the DPG Centurian lanceros that are sitting at the bottom of the cooler. I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.
    Damn you
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Zino's any good? I've seen them on clearance before on the sister site, I want to say they were pretty cheap as well.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.

+1!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Zino's any good? I've seen them on clearance before on the sister site, I want to say they were pretty cheap as well.
    Yes, I like them. Not quite as good as an Avo to me, but definitely a steal at the clearance price (sister site and here on ccom same deal). The no. 3 on sale is the 5.7x38. I have only had a couple, but do enjoy them.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    Damn you
    Lol, come on over. I have two of them, I'll share. Chances are, whoever I'm with that night will be smoking the other so I can compare tasting notes.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    Damn you
    Lol, come on over. I have two of them, I'll share. Chances are, whoever I'm with that night will be smoking the other so I can compare tasting notes.
    Dont tempt me.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have any lanceros so ill have to make do with a Churchill.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I'm gonna try and get a Viaje Super Lancero for this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wish I could join you boys. Smoke one for me.
  • Options
    james40:
    Wish I could join you boys. Smoke one for me.
    James, what's up? Can't smoke or don't have any lanceros???
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    just so happens, i got a bunch of lanceros in the mail yesterday. thanx bigshizza and ddubridge. i will be eagerly awaiting the dd on the 15th, and smoking a lancero!
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    looks like ill be smoking the only lancero I have then
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    pbchevo:
    looks like ill be smoking the only lancero I have then
    uh.... buy more.
  • Options
    I can't decide
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Is that L40 the same thing as the Liga A?
  • Options
    Oh my!! :D
  • Options
    Rain:
    I believe the "A" size is called gran corona.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    I believe the "A" size is called gran corona.
    Show off
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Nice selection!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    What's the unbanded one with the shaggy foot?
  • Options
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    Probably a Johnny-O! with a darker wrapper than the one next to it. DZR, how are you not in the Lancero Lovers of America??? I think you qualify!!!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    Probably a Johnny-O! with a darker wrapper than the one next to it. DZR, how are you not in the Lancero Lovers of America??? I think you qualify!!!
    I know right? I knew Daniel was a lancero-fiend, but dayum
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    I know right? I knew Daniel was a lancero-fiend, but dayum
    Yes, both the shaggys are Johnny Os. I would love to be in your gang. I would so fight or even kill for a good lancero.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    ill smoke a corona and pretend its a lancero.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    taythegibs:
    ill smoke a corona and pretend its a lancero.
    pm to you Taylor.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh, how excited I am.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I can't decide between the Daruma or the Oliva V lancero