Home Cigar 101
Options

Good kitty litter list and bad kitty litter list. (Formerly known as the - Good cat litter list and

Comments

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem, Petsmart, Petco, Amazon...nothing
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up my second bag at Petsmart yesterday 8lb they also had a 14lb bag.
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    onestrangeone:
    Picked up my second bag at Petsmart yesterday 8lb they also had a 14lb bag.
    Yea I grabbed a bag to I thought they had a smaller size but I grabbed the 8lb bag
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Up
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I was just looking for this!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bumping for morgan
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Wanted to bump this as it took me going through Bob Luken's posts to page 89 to find it :P
    Knew I remembered he was a poster on this thread lol
  • Options
    honorknight7:
    Wanted to bump this as it took me going through Bob Luken's posts to page 89 to find it :P
    Knew I remembered he was a poster on this thread lol
    LOL I should re-name it using the term kitty litter rather than cat litter. We usually say kitty litter don't we?
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Bob Luken:
    LOL I should re-name it using the term kitty litter rather than cat litter. We usually say kitty litter don't we?
    lol ya, after using the search for "kitty litter" & "KL" and having no luck searching around for about 30 minutes for this thread (found many others though), I went to searching your posts, thinking I was fairly sure I remembered you on it :)
  • Options
    Awesome list! I'm having some trouble finding these however. Is there a website where some of these could be found? Petsmart doesn't seem to carry these anymore.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one of these I could find was Mimi at walmart
  • Options
    I'll check out my 2 local Walmarts (yes, 2 within 10-15 minutes of each other) and get back to you! Thanks!
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    The only one of these I could find was Mimi at walmart
    May be time to update the list. I don't think petsmart carries the exquzicat brand but I'm not sure because I have plenty of KL left and I don't think to look at the KL when I go to places like Target that might sell it. I need input from guys who are buying the stuff now. What types are you getting? Is it good? Where are you getting it?
  • Options
    Found Mimi at Walmart! However I'm definitely interested to see if I can get exquzicat...anywhere.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you guys cook your kitty litter to drive the moisture out? It's 90% humidity here in these NC mountains and I'm having a tough time keeping my humidor under 70%.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooler or Humidor?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Humidor. I've got a tupperdor in a cooler with 72% Bonavida pacs ( I cannot spell) and it is staying at 67%
  • Options
    I prefer beads in a humidor. They dont seal up as well and can fluctuate a lot more than a cooler. However I have microwaved or baked kitty litter to dry it out. Microwave for 5 minutes, let it cool completely and then stick it back in and see what happens.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Will do, thanks. Any good place to get beads?
  • Options
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    I ordered some heartfelt. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
  • Options
    How much did you get? And how big of humi do you have?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Well, I've got three humidors a desktop, and a couple of 75 count so i got a pound of beads.
  • Options
    to keep them in womans panty hose work well or you can go to a pet store and in the fish area you can get media bags.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Bump for Flowbie :)
  • Options
    blonjuan44blonjuan44 Posts: 5

Question: how it kitty litter used? do you have to add water to it? Is it used more to raise RH? or lower RH? - put in an open bowl?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's used similarly to Heartfelt humidity beads, you can check their site for ideas on how it's used but most people just use Bovedas now.

https://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )