Home Cigar 101
Options

Good kitty litter list and bad kitty litter list. (Formerly known as the - Good cat litter list and

13»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

I think maybe I remember some people using nylon stockings to hold their kitty litter in and a spray bottle to apply water for maintenance once things have been set up. I had some heartfelt beads from a friend but it was too fussy to keep up with and Boveda was certainly a lot easier.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to screw with kitty litter these days. Just pick you up one of these for 12 bucks, or a 2 lb jug of dry and dry for like 20 bucks at Amazon, although a 2 lb jug is probably enough to humidify a walk in humid or the size of Rhode Island.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

@VegasFrank said:
    No need to screw with kitty litter these days. Just pick you up one of these for 12 bucks, or a 2 lb jug of dry and dry for like 20 bucks at Amazon, although a 2 lb jug is probably enough to humidify a walk in humid or the size of Rhode Island.

I wouldn't spend a dime on this stuff. First of all, the claim of 70% humidity seems like a straight up lie to me, and besides that it's not even the same kind of material as Heartfelt beads and silica cat litter. This junk is a magic-expanding jelly-like substance. Sure, some cigar humidification products use this material but It's no better, and perhaps worse, that the old green floral foam inserts we used to pour water onto. This amazon product claims to absorb "400 times it's own weight in water". By comparison, Heartfelt beads and slilca cat litter are non-expanding rock-hard nuggets or beads,... even when they are wet.

Plus, It's overpriced. I know $12 isn't much but they give you enough to fill many bathtubs of expanded product. They wouldn't burden you with 756% more product than you need (for your cigars) unless it's extra super cheap to buy and ship the stuff wholesale.

I'm experiencing de ja vu. Have I previously said all this before already again?

• Options

Maybe you have, but everyone probably ignored you.

You're entitled to your opinion brother. I have it and it works just fine. Who cares if it keeps something at 70%? This one doesn't for sure at least in the desert. But it works good enough in my cigar oasis.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

I love you too @Bob_Luken

Don't look ↑