Home Non Cigar Related
Options

College Footbal Season

Comments

• Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Thewelder:
    Just a few more days until the season starts, man I can't wait. Any predictions for week one. I think BYU will beat Oregon, OSU will get run over by theUGA bulldogs, and mizzou will start the year off 0-1 when Juice comes to town.
    I'm holding out on predictions. This first week, I just want to enjoy football without having to think too much about it. I have to work Saturday night, so I'll miss the Longhorns' first game of the season. It should be a huge blowout though, with Texas scoring around 50-60 points.
    Predictions:
    Bama over VT by 7
    Okie State over GA by 10 (as much as I hate to say that - just too much firepower)
    And Boise plays Oregon, not BYU. And Boise will win that one at home.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Oops got the wrong teams, though OK State doesn't have much of a D. I hope Bama does beat VT mainly because if VT wins then they will be riding a great wave of power when they play the Huskers. Though if they lose it should help us a bit.
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Thewelder:
    Oops got the wrong teams, though OK State doesn't have much of a D. I hope Bama does beat VT mainly because if VT wins then they will be riding a great wave of power when they play the Huskers. Though if they lose it should help us a bit.
    I don't want VT to win either. My friend will never stfu about it. I just hope we (GT) take them down. I think the winner of the GT VT game will be ACC champion this year (not sure if I said that already)
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    Actually you should probably be cheering for them to win vs Bama if you want them to loose vs Nebraska. As a long time Hokie fan I can tell you, they usually loose when they get overconfident. The only year they didn't make this fatal mistake was in 1999 when the team motto was "play every game like it's the National Championship."

And no way Georgia is gonna beat Ohio State. Georgia lost ALL of their firepower to the NFL and Ohio State has a host of returning offensive and defensive starters. This will be a rebuilding year for Georgia.
  • Options
    Wow! Can you belive the comments that Jim Tressel and Ohio State have given to the media lately? Who would have ever believed that the Buckeyes would ever do anything to stand up for Michigan, it's coaching staff, and it's players? I've always despised Ohio State. It's something about how they call it "The" Ohio State University that just sounded arrogant to me, but this has to be one of the classiest things I've ever seen. Kudos to Jim Tressel and his staff. I don't think I can pull myself into cheering for the Buckeyes, but I'll be cheering for the sweater vest from now on!
  • Options

I'll be at that Bama - Vt game on the 5th, went lst year when Bama beat up on Clemson, just had to go back.

Roll Tide

• Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Thewelder:
    Actually you should probably be cheering for them to win vs Bama if you want them to loose vs Nebraska. As a long time Hokie fan I can tell you, they usually loose when they get overconfident. The only year they didn't make this fatal mistake was in 1999 when the team motto was "play every game like it's the National Championship."

And no way Georgia is gonna beat Ohio State. Georgia lost ALL of their firepower to the NFL and Ohio State has a host of returning offensive and defensive starters. This will be a rebuilding year for Georgia.
    Okay. First, GA is playing Oklahoma St. And second, Ohio State doesn't beat SEC teams. See last three attempts. They lost to LSU in the BCS championship in 2003, Florida in the BCS Championship in 2007, and to LSU again in 2008. (If I'm not mistaken... trying to go by memory). They can have all the talent in the world. Jim Tressel is the new Bob Stoops.. They can't win the big game.
  • Options
    When does GA play Ohio State, Because Ohio would win that game.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    clearlysuspect:
    Thewelder:

Okay. First, GA is playing Oklahoma St. And second, Ohio State doesn't beat SEC teams. See last three attempts. They lost to LSU in the BCS championship in 2003, Florida in the BCS Championship in 2007, and to LSU again in 2008. (If I'm not mistaken... trying to go by memory). They can have all the talent in the world. Jim Tressel is the new Bob Stoops.. They can't win the big game.
    My mistake. I assumed OSU was Ohio State. So now that I know that we're talking about OK State, I'll say this: Oklahoma State will put a much worse beat down on Georgia than Ohio State would. I'd say the competition will end before the first half is over.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    bibby:
    Huge PITT Fan, go Panthers!!!

Also an UNLV alum (which is almost unbearable during the football season) and lived in Idaho for a little while so big props to the Boise State Broncos.

Really don't see anybody beating the University of Florida Gators for the BCS Championship.

Rob
    I feel you, but i still will be there tailgating, having a good time and hoping we get to beat somebody.LOL. The game vs Hawaii will be crazy like always. Especially if you have alohas in your family :)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm going to jump in with a prediction and say that Oklahoma State loses. Georgia is going to expose this team as being overrated.
  • Options
    Bwaaaaaahahahahaha! Did everyone see that dude from Boise State get clocked by the running back from Oregon after the game! LOL. The Oregon guy oughtta be punished for his actions, but that's just funny how the Boise guy ran off at the mouth to him and then got dropped! Bwaaaaaaaahahahah!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Bwaaaaaahahahahaha! Did everyone see that dude from Boise State get clocked by the running back from Oregon after the game! LOL. The Oregon guy oughtta be punished for his actions, but that's just funny how the Boise guy ran off at the mouth to him and then got dropped! Bwaaaaaaaahahahah!
    I turned it off. Too bad, because I would've liked to see that.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Oh god it was great. Now the Oregon guy should get kicked off the team for his actions (he pretty much had to be dragged from the stadium like a mad man), but the kid from Boise got everything that every trash talker deserves. It's pretty obvious that he said something pretty hateful to get a reaction like that out of the guy so I'm sure he truly deserved to get dropped!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Oh god it was great. Now the Oregon guy should get kicked off the team for his actions (he pretty much had to be dragged from the stadium like a mad man), but the kid from Boise got everything that every trash talker deserves. It's pretty obvious that he said something pretty hateful to get a reaction like that out of the guy so I'm sure he truly deserved to get dropped!
    He got dropped alright!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    I saw it on Sportscenter. It was the big story last night. Helluva way to start off the college football season, that's for sure!
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    For those that missed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIiiokxzLg
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    I saw it on Sportscenter. It was the big story last night. Helluva way to start off the college football season, that's for sure!

They were saying on Sportscenter that the RB was making lots of peg board material and talking lots of crap. The Boise guy just put it back in his face. Man that was a sad game, I turned it off midway through the second
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:

They were saying on Sportscenter that the RB was making lots of peg board material and talking lots of crap. The Boise guy just put it back in his face. Man that was a sad game, I turned it off midway through the second
    Yeah. He's also been kicked out of practice a few times this year and has accomplished being a complete a** thus far.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Thewelder:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:

Yeah. He's also been kicked out of practice a few times this year and has accomplished being a complete a** thus far.
    I'm glad they kicked him off the team and I hope they dismiss his ignorant a$$ from the University. Our universities do not need to be plagued by scum like that! I still think it's funny that the Boise guy got clocked after talking smack though. Let this be a lesson to all trash talkers. LOL
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    Thewelder:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:
    Matt Marvel:
    clearlysuspect:

I'm glad they kicked him off the team and I hope they dismiss his ignorant a$$ from the University. Our universities do not need to be plagued by scum like that! I still think it's funny that the Boise guy got clocked after talking smack though. Let this be a lesson to all trash talkers. LOL
    I wouldn't say he's scum. But, the university should definitely take action alongside the football team. I wouldn't have issue with him being kicked out of school. And I agree, it was pretty funny, lol.
  • Options
    There's been some pretty good games today. I wish I could hang out at home and watch the rest of the OkSt./ Georgia game, but I have to work.

How about Florida being 62 point favorites?
  • Options
    God I wanted Navy to pull off the big upset in The Horseshoe!!!

Sorry Brandon!
  • Options
    Even though it was Western Kentucky, GO VOLS!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    clearlysuspect:
    God I wanted Navy to pull off the big upset in The Horseshoe!!!

Sorry Brandon!
    it's cool....I'm sure you're not the only one. The bucks started off looking like their usual selves. O-Line needs some work to make the offense run a bit better. Good thing we have a great QB to make some plays.
  • Options
    Wow! Did anyone watch the Miami vs Florida State game? What a game! Definately the best game of the opening weekend. This is what college football is all about!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    That was for damn sure a great game i was pretty sure that FSU was gonna score at the end.....
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Matt Marvel:
    Thewelder:
    Just a few more days until the season starts, man I can't wait. Any predictions for week one. I think BYU will beat Oregon, OSU will get run over by theUGA bulldogs, and mizzou will start the year off 0-1 when Juice comes to town.
    I'm holding out on predictions. This first week, I just want to enjoy football without having to think too much about it. I have to work Saturday night, so I'll miss the Longhorns' first game of the season. It should be a huge blowout though, with Texas scoring around 50-60 points.
    Predictions:
    Bama over VT by 7
    Okie State over GA by 10 (as much as I hate to say that - just too much firepower)
    So, I was under a little on the spreads, but 3 for 3 ain't bad. ROLL TIDE ROLL! Did anyone else see how bad Ole Siss looked? And now, today, they're up to #6 from #8 in the AP Poll? They scored 21 points in the final 8 minutes when Memphis finally laid down. Hopefully, this puts to rest all the Jevan Snead for Heisman talk. He was horrible.

As for my boys at BAMA, they looked much better in the second half. The OL finally decided to play with some cohesion, and only allowing 2 sacks vs a top 10 defense from last year makes me a little less worried about that unit this season. Ingram looks like he's gonna be great again.

I do feel bad for Bradford. He was a lock to be #1 pick last year, but decided to come back to try and win the NC. Now, who knows how quickly he'll be back or how much it'll affect his game? I hope he recovers quickly. He's got a big future ahead of him in the NFL.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Matt Marvel:
    Thewelder:
    Predictions:
    Bama over VT by 7
    So, I was under a little on the spreads, but 3 for 3 ain't bad. ROLL TIDE ROLL! Did anyone else see how bad Ole Siss looked? And now, today, they're up to #6 from #8 in the AP Poll? They scored 21 points in the final 8 minutes when Memphis finally laid down. Hopefully, this puts to rest all the Jevan Snead for Heisman talk. He was horrible.

As for my boys at BAMA, they looked much better in the second half. The OL finally decided to play with some cohesion, and only allowing 2 sacks vs a top 10 defense from last year makes me a little less worried about that unit this season. Ingram looks like he's gonna be great again.

I do feel bad for Bradford. He was a lock to be #1 pick last year, but decided to come back to try and win the NC. Now, who knows how quickly he'll be back or how much it'll affect his game? I hope he recovers quickly. He's got a big future ahead of him in the NFL.
    I don't think it's going to affect his game. He might end up slipping down the draft board a little if he misses a considerable amount of time though. He really should've entered the draft last year. I'm almost certain he would've gone number one. He hurt his stock value by coming back, and even more so by coming back to a line that's starting 4 new guys. Obviously, that didn't work too well. He'll be alright though.

How about BYU jumping WAY up the rankings? They'll likely slide back down, but they seemed to have made a statement thus far.
  • Options
    Suspect, should be a great game Saturday, but our special teams is going to win it. On the foot of Henry our kicker. Sould be great game down to the final whistle.