Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention but I did the Anheuser-Busch tour while I was in St. Louis. Really cool especially considering its free. Bud is finally making a few beers that have some flavor like the American Ale and Shocktop. ANyways it was enjoyable.

My wife, like the two Joe's(duty and j0zer), is a grammatical **** so I bought her a shirt at the brewery that says, "'i' before 'e', except in Budweiser. Always exceptional." Its really not that funny unless a grammatical **** is wearing it. She wore it yesterday and a friend of ours laughed as soon as he saw it before we even said anything.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    "'i' before 'e', except in Budweiser. Always exceptional."
    im not a big fan of the beer but im gunna have to say that.

what did I drink last night....
    my wife and i opened a bottle of wine that we were gifted when we got married about two years ago.

what was it?
    2001 E.Guigal Chateaneuf-du-papa

right out of france... well, right out of france 8 years ago. If the bottle was any older i would have to worry about decanting. ...but it isnt
    ...so I dont.

It had a very floral grape taste to it with a dry vanilla. on the aftertaste was a hint of chocolate. very good.

i have another bottle of this but from a different winery (also french) but the same year.

i hope its as good as that one is.... er-- was.
  • Options
    Damn kuz, now I'm jealous.
  • Options
    tonight im on a different end of the wine spectrum.... with price, not tast.

charles shaw shiraz.

best value in the wine world.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Belhaven Scottish Ale Draught. Very creamy with a touch of coffee flavor, not completely unlike a Guinness.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

charles shaw shiraz.

WOW I though Two Buck Chuck was a California thing, helluva value, great wine!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I keep noticing and forgetting to comment, smbrink: nice dog.
  • Options
    kuzi16:

charles shaw shiraz.

I read an interesting tidbit in The House of Mondavi. Did you know two buck chuck is owned by Fred Franzia? The son of the man who started Franzia wines, as in the box wines. Also most of his grapes came from the Mondavi vineyards.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I keep noticing and forgetting to comment, smbrink: nice dog.
    I noticed as well. I need to put up a pic of one of my mongrels.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Jetmech_63:
    kuzi16:

charles shaw shiraz.

They just upped it to Three Buck Chuck at our local Trader Joe's
  • Options
    Effin Inflation!!!! I dodnt know the grapes came from Mondavi. He makes a really good spectrum of wine from economic and good(even the estate reserve is under 20) to the outrageously expensive yet insanely good Opus One(i saw a bottle of that at bevmo for 240 i believe). With a name like Opus...it has to be good lol!!
    Finally got around to drinking some of the Bulliet Bourbon my pops-in-law gave me, its really good! Strong yet smooth and has a nice balanced flavor, not an overpowering oak bomb(which waaaay to many boutique wineries in CA have a problem balancing....whole other topic). Still love the Buffalo Trace but this stuff now has a permanent spot on the bar.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Cheers Jet,,,I wasn't in the mood to smoke tonight but was in evidently in the mood to drink as i've knocked down about 1/2 fifth of tortuga rum this evening/nite with what else ...Sierra Mist
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Jetmech_63:
    kuzi16:

charles shaw shiraz.

They just upped it to Three Buck Chuck at our local Trader Joe's
    thats about what it is here in ohio after all the taxes are said and done.
  • Options
    grey goose gimlet.

dinner was crazy good

Ahi tuna, swordfish.... i dont even know what to say.
  • Options
    Tuna...mmmmm Did you go out somewhere? Dinner tonight wasnt anything special but the wife and i just opened a bottle of Taylor Fladgate 20year Port. Were both big into port and this is one of our favorites!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yuengling. My Thurs. night haunt was out of Buffalo Trace, yet again. I dunno what the deal is. Everybody advertises it, but nobody has it. Except the liquor stores. In those, you can't swing a dead cat over your head without hitting a floor display of it.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Tuna...mmmmm Did you go out somewhere?
    yeah the wife and i went to ken stewart's its a place around akron. they arent a seafood place but man is their seafood good.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:
    I had a Man O'War on the commute home...I still have 4 cases of beer from a couple weeks ago...so I'll probably have another smoke...possible a Padilla '68
    You will have to post a follow up in the " what are you drinking tonight" forum.
    So I had a combination of corona light, corona, bud light lime and silver tequila....I'm hammered...but hey....the Padilla '68 was as good as smoking air....i swear i expected more from this one..really mild-medium...with hints of pleather,
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Great Lakes...in copious amounts.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cheyman:
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:
    I had a Man O'War on the commute home...I still have 4 cases of beer from a couple weeks ago...so I'll probably have another smoke...possible a Padilla '68
    You will have to post a follow up in the " what are you drinking tonight" forum.
    So I had a combination of corona light, corona, bud light lime and silver tequila....I'm hammered...but hey....the Padilla '68 was as good as smoking air....i swear i expected more from this one..really mild-medium...with hints of pleather,
    A great example of how alcohol impairs one's ability to really take in a cigar. I've had the same experience where a full bodied cigar tasted medium at best. The '68 is medium-full and it makes that known with its flavor...try another one sober and see if you feel the same way, I think you might be surprised.
  • Options
    Made a drink tonight i got from my friend called Liquid ***. A shot of Raspberry Vodka, shot of Coconut Rum, shot of Orange Vodka, squeeze of lime and topped off with cranberry juice. Wow, dangerous stuff. Kinda like this Donkey Punch someone showed me how to make, 9 diffrent alcohols and you cant taste any of them. I need to feed this to my wife and see if the name is true :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    cheyman:
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:
    A great example of how alcohol impairs one's ability to really take in a cigar. I've had the same experience where a full bodied cigar tasted medium at best. The '68 is medium-full and it makes that known with its flavor...try another one sober and see if you feel the same way, I think you might be surprised.

Damn right, i got housed one night and smoked a RP 92.....inhaled the whole thing. Ever since i dont smoke when hammered....drinking yes but crocked no.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Ever since i dont smoke when hammered....drinking yes but crocked no.
    Yes. On the rare occasion when I drink, a general rule is if I can walk straight without the aid of a hand-rail or a shoulder then smoking a cigar is ok...when I get to the point where I continuously drop the cigar, well then it's a good indication that I should just let it go.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Jetmech_63:
    Made a drink tonight i got from my friend called Liquid ***. A shot of Raspberry Vodka, shot of Coconut Rum, shot of Orange Vodka, squeeze of lime and topped off with cranberry juice. Wow, dangerous stuff. Kinda like this Donkey Punch someone showed me how to make, 9 diffrent alcohols and you cant taste any of them. I need to feed this to my wife and see if the name is true :)

Be careful talking about Donkey Punch's and whatnot...Dutys veerrry protective of his burro.....takes it to the back of the humidor and stands in front of it  with arms folded when 'Bino goes in to get a smoke

• Options
    HA!!!!!
  • Options
    gmill880:

Jetmech_63:

Be careful talking about Donkey Punch's and whatnot...Dutys veerrry protective of his burro.....takes it to the back of the humidor and stands in front of it  with arms folded when 'Bino goes in to get a smoke

Yeah, I broke mine... I've been hunting around on craigslist for a new burro.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dutyje:
    gmill880:

Jetmech_63:

Yeah, I broke mine... I've been hunting around on craigslist for a new burro.

Someone should call PETA... This man should never be allowed to buy another burro !!!
  • Options
    Hey ... I'm not some kinda criminal who takes a burro that doesn't want it. Any respectable man knows you have to woo the burro first.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Woo the Burro sounds like a pretty cool name for a band, no?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dutyje:
    Hey ... I'm not some kinda criminal who takes a burro that doesn't want it. Any respectable man knows you have to woo the burro first.

Woo the burro ? C'mon Duty. Given the body structure of a burro, that poor little guy had no idea what you were doing until the deed was done.
    Which only goes to prove... you can lead a burro to Urbi's humi, but you can't let him know what you have in store for him when you get there ;)