Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ugh, last night drank a lot of victory moon glow and then some hop devil. And then, for some inexplicable reason, did a boilermaker. paying for it today.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Do we ever really need a reason?
  • Options
    Hey Luko look at our post counts-your at 619 and your little green bar is all full-I'm at 620 and still have one left to go... wtf....i'm sure thats some kinda descrimination ....where's my attorneys number......
  • Options
    Oh yea -what I meant to post- started out with Michelob Ultra at the Japenese steak house and now settled in at home to watch the afc title game with a couple'a six packs of Michelob Lager....ummm....pretty good....
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Way to streth 1 post into three there, gmill. Maybe the software is discounting all your puffery ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Way to streth 1 post into three there, gmill. Maybe the software is discounting all your puffery ;)
    Hey joe, who even counts after the first thousand ? I really wanted to comment on your use of the word puffery, first time I've ever seen it used. You remember odd words, I remember odd quotes.
  • Options

dutyje:

Yea duty maybe , puffery hmmmm .....

• Options
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Hey joe, who even counts after the first thousand ? I really wanted to comment on your use of the word puffery, first time I've ever seen it used. You remember odd words, I remember odd quotes.
    I thought "streth" was much more odd than "puffery." Of course, you all probably thought it was a typo, and I was trying to say "stretch." Which I was.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    I thought "streth" was much more odd than "puffery." Of course, you all probably thought it was a typo, and I was trying to say "stretch." Which I was.
    I knew that and actually deleted my spell check statement from my last post.. Damn duty, you even spell check yourself. I know it was a slip of the finger. never a bad thing.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    I know it was a slip of the finger. never a bad thing.
    I can think of a couple of situations.
  • Options
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    I know it was a slip of the finger. never a bad thing.
    I can think of a couple of situations.
    Example ?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Prostate exam.
  • Options
    Okay, that could be bad.. :o
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    last night i had some Voga Pinot Grisio.

its in a strange bottle and thought it would just be novelty. turns out the wine is quite good.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My wife loves that Voga kuzi. They make a table red too, its one of the strongest table wines I've ever had. Pretty good though.
  • Options
    Time to have one 'o my Tenn. boys to bring me another bottle or 3 of Buffalo Trace
  • Options
    last night i tried the blue moon winter ale.

go get some.

i also had some Hop Hound. it wasnt too shabby either. it was like a sweeter more robust version of killians on tap.
  • Options
    Michelob Lager
  • Options
    warsteiner dunkel
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Old Rasputin, reeeeallly dark beer.
  • Options
    in the process of drinking some SA black lager, sitting on my porch in the 40 plus degree temps smoking a VSG and loving it. the beer, eh.
  • Options
    Just downed a bottle of Heller Estates pinot noir with the wife over dinner. The ONLY perk of living in CA is the diverse boutique wineries at your door step.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Just downed a bottle of Heller Estates pinot noir with the wife over dinner. The ONLY perk of living in CA is the diverse boutique wineries at your door step.
    seriously, that's the only perk? I've never been to CA and it's perfectly conceivable I never will in my lifetime, but I can't believe that'st the only good thing. Weather? Hot chicks with fake boobers?
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Jet is right, when I was there it was the microbrews that were in high demand. The women looked good but that's where it stopped, most were pretty empty.

I had a nice glass of an Argentenian Syrah, Trapiche, but I found it at Carrabbas. Very good though.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Jetmech_63:
    seriously, that's the only perk? I've never been to CA and it's perfectly conceivable I never will in my lifetime, but I can't believe that'st the only good thing. Weather? Hot chicks with fake boobers?

Well considering we pay .30 mor per gallon of gas than anywhere in the US, higher tobacco tax, higher property tax, the most declining housing market in the US, the most illegal aliens, most stringent gun laws not to mention gun and ammo tax, a lottery system for hunting tags and damn near unobtainable concealed weapon permits...all thats left is good alcohol! Cheers!
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Jetmech_63:
    ...all thats left...
    Yeah, it is all left out there.
  • Options

Bad Andy:
    Jetmech_63:
    ...all thats left...
    Yeah, it is all left out there.

damn Jetmech . . . .come east chief

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Luko:
    Jetmech_63:

Well considering we pay .30 mor per gallon of gas than anywhere in the US, higher tobacco tax, higher property tax, the most declining housing market in the US, the most illegal aliens, most stringent gun laws not to mention gun and ammo tax, a lottery system for hunting tags and damn near unobtainable concealed weapon permits...all thats left is good alcohol! Cheers!
    There is a fun game to be played in parts of California too that serves our oddity and dysfunction well. You go to West Hollywood and play the game " guess which woman was born a woman". It's a lot of fun and difficult as hell to win. :)
  • Options
    Geez...Guess I'm happy here in the 'Burgh. We got the Steelers and Penguins, we have one of the lowest housing markets. I'm told my house would go for at least $500,000 in a market like D.C. or something. We've got great school systems with relatively low property taxes. It might not be an exaggeration to say there isn't a single illegal alien living in western PA. We've got awesome German, Polish, Slovak, etc. neighborhoods with ethnic cuisine. Everybody out here is pretty much armed to the teeth. Hunting is a way of life in most areas. We also have a world class cultural district with a symphony that just toured Europe. Great dining everywhere, great sporting events. The Carnegie Museum of Natural History, founded by Andrew Carnegie, can't be beat either.
    Jet, Jozer, Andy, move out this way.
  • Options
    What, do you work for the Chamber of Commerce or something? My house would probably be worth over $100M if I planted it in the middle of Manhattan.