Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've been wanting to try the cherry wheat.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've been wanting to try the cherry wheat.
    It is great, but only in small quantities. I can't have it too often. Woodchuck on the other hand....yum!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Miller Lite at my local bar and then the bartender showed me a "DragonFruit Bomb"
    It's Bacardi Dragonfruit and Red Bull and it tastes delicious... Mainly cuz I did not have to pay for it!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I went to The Flying Saucer last night. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a restaurant that serves 200 varieties of beer. You can become a member of their U.F.O. Club, and begin the task of drinking all of them, at which point you will have your name put on the Wall of Fame and be given a $100 party on the house.

Anyway, I started out with my first IPA, Breckenridge 471. It's 9.2% ABV. It pretty much tasted like sticking your head in a bag of grain and munching on it.

My second of the night was a Left Hand Blackjack Porter. It was a darker beer with a bit of foam. I really enjoyed this one.

I ended the night with a Smithwick's Irish Ale. This was my favorite one of the night. A dark beer with a thick foam, and really smooth. It reminded me of cream soda for some reason.

So, I have 197 to go before I'm a beer drinking legend!!
    I F-ING LOVE THAT PLACE!! I am a HUGE fan of beer and that place is literally heaven with the 400 beers and the waitresses in miniskirts! I joined the club not to long ago and am about 25-30 in (currently on hold because I am in Afghanistan). I def. reccomend, if they have it, Bell's Oberon. GREAT beer, loved by almost everyone I have seen taste it.

p.s. - Did you go to the new one on the lake? If so, how was it? I heard they were opening a new one right before I left. I have only been to the one in Raleigh, NC but I am going to the one in San Antonio when I get home from this hell-hole. Super Pumped!!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    Let me see ...Miller Lite and Duplin Scupernog Blush
    Duplin... you must be in NC? If so, where are you?

Just outside of Hickory NC ..where ya from ejenne87 ...
    I can't believe I missed this one haha. I live in Fayetteville, but I am from Upstate NY.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Drinking lots of Fat Tire -trying to pass a damn painful kidney stone ---oouucchhhh damn it !!!!!! don't even feel remotly like firing up a stogie with this beatch agrevating me !!!
  • Options
    I'm trying to Emancipate a whole Bottle of Barefoot Shiraz.... YEA BABY!
  • Options
    ***NEW FLASH***

Aliens will be taking over the bodies of the entire world's population at 3am tomorrow morning, it is eminent and cannot be stopped, the only way to stop this is to somehow make your body incapacitated and unresponsive during the takeover...

*SCHIK* (opens a Aluminum can)
    GULP
    GULP
    GULP...
    I'm drinking Miller Lite... Viva La Resistance!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    Matt Marvel:
    I went to The Flying Saucer last night. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a restaurant that serves 200 varieties of beer. ...!
    ... I def. reccomend, if they have it, Bell's Oberon. GREAT beer, loved by almost everyone I have seen taste it.
    Oooh, Oberon. Great summer beer. Sadly it's all gone at this point in the year. One of MANY great Michigan beers. I had a New Holland Mad Hatter (their I.P.A.) last night - fabulous Michigan beer. Tons of hops, but so delicious.

I think I'll be having a Crown Royal and Coke tonight. Gotta smoke something, not sure just what yet.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    ***NEW FLASH***

Aliens will be taking over the bodies of the entire world's population at 3am tomorrow morning, it is eminent and cannot be stopped, the only way to stop this is to somehow make your body incapacitated and unresponsive during the takeover...

*SCHIK* (opens a Aluminum can)
    GULP
    GULP
    GULP...
    I'm drinking Miller Lite... Viva La Resistance!
    LOL. Well in that case, I gotta go find a few bottles of good wine!
  • Options
    16oz. Miller Lites... then maybe Barefoot Red Zin or Turning Leaf Pinot Noir.... we'll see
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    ejenne87:
    Matt Marvel:
    I went to The Flying Saucer last night. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a restaurant that serves 200 varieties of beer. You can become a member of their U.F.O. Club, and begin the task of drinking all of them, at which point you will have your name put on the Wall of Fame and be given a $100 party on the house.

Anyway, I started out with my first IPA, Breckenridge 471. It's 9.2% ABV. It pretty much tasted like sticking your head in a bag of grain and munching on it.

My second of the night was a Left Hand Blackjack Porter. It was a darker beer with a bit of foam. I really enjoyed this one.

I ended the night with a Smithwick's Irish Ale. This was my favorite one of the night. A dark beer with a thick foam, and really smooth. It reminded me of cream soda for some reason.

So, I have 197 to go before I'm a beer drinking legend!!
    I F-ING LOVE THAT PLACE!! I am a HUGE fan of beer and that place is literally heaven with the 400 beers and the waitresses in miniskirts! I joined the club not to long ago and am about 25-30 in (currently on hold because I am in Afghanistan). I def. reccomend, if they have it, Bell's Oberon. GREAT beer, loved by almost everyone I have seen taste it.

p.s. - Did you go to the new one on the lake? If so, how was it? I heard they were opening a new one right before I left. I have only been to the one in Raleigh, NC but I am going to the one in San Antonio when I get home from this hell-hole. Super Pumped!!
    Yeah, that's the one. There's another one out here, but it's a little farther. If you like beer, this is just the place to be though! It's a cool place, I've never been to any others, so I can't really judge.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well i'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about my damn birthday, but OH WELL lol... Right now, seeing as today wAs officially my 21st (even though my party is Sat) i'm at a bar... As for what i've drunk - well hell, i've totally lost track... I'm just sounding in with a typical:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    lol. so funny. happy birthday, man. I'm sure if I remembered my 21st b-day it was a fun time!
  • Options
    First some 10 Cane Rum ...I be lovin' that stuff ...and then some Rare Breed Barrel Proof bourbon ...a fine afternoon indeed !!!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Blue Moon at lunch. Love it.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    About 4 cups of Sprite (and subsequently pissing up a storm), due to starting work as a bouncer this past evening...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Captain Morgans Spiced Rum and Sprite/Sierra Mist right now ...although I've got some ice-cold Fat Tire and Miller Lite and Michelob in the fridge ...may switch over for a few beers during the game tonight ...GO COLTS !!!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Pepper Cherry.
  • Options
    I'm 26minutes away from going to the bar.... Miller Lite and Dragon-bombs will be had...

Plus a cigar, enjoy the night fellas!
  • Options
    Miller Lite tonight... It's tough being a majority share holder (of beer)
  • Options
    Bowling night tonight! So it will be Miller Lite on tap for me tonight. And I think I am going with the xicar HC series tonight
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mmmmm... hot tea...
    today its earl grey creme

delish.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Brandy Manhattan on the rocks. 2:1 brandy & sweet vermouth, a shot of bitters and a cherry....repeat as necessary!
    Trivia: Lassy not withstanding, Wisconsin drinks more brandy than any country in the world.
  • Options
    It's the night of "The Liqour store was closed after I got off of work"
    Which means that I'm drinking 3 Fat Tires and a bottle of Turning Leaf Pinot Noir.... Should make for an interesting morning!
  • Options
    I went to woodmans (cheap liquor store in WI) and picked up a petes wicked ale brwers box for 8.99. 4 strawbeery blonde ale's 4 Rally cap ales 4 wicked ales. Should make for a hell of a BM at some point.
  • Options
    ARRRGGGHHHHH .......Captain Morgans Spiced Rum ..........
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Heading over to the b&m for a cigar and to watch the Yankee's game. Starbucks is right next door so I'll pick up a venti white chocolate mocha.
  • Options
    BTJR99:
    Heading over to the b&m for a cigar and to watch the Yankee's game. Starbucks is right next door so I'll pick up a venti white chocolate mocha.

Oh yeah the white chocolate mocha is my fav starbucks ...I think we would get along just fine BTJR ...
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Just finished up some Bailey's on the rocks!