Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    A whole mess of bottled water... again.

but, in 5-6 weeks I will be back in the states and I can finaly start enjoy BEER again! I will also be on a quest for the perfect scotch and red wine to pair with a cigar. I'll update as I find anything decent.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    So last night I got the chance to get together with bass8844 from here and a local buddy that I've gotten into cigars. We hung out at my favorite lounge, had some drinks, blazed some good sticks, and had a generally good time. I had a delicious rum and coke, and fortunately I have a bottle of the rum they used, so now I know what to use it for!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hornsby Hard Cider, and Blue Moon
    I've really come to like Hornsby cider. It's good stuff
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Right now, I am drinking Smirnoff vodka and Rockstar Pomegranite.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I had some festive Pumpkin Ale from my local Wasatch Brewery. It was actually better than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Last night I was able to try out my new Tripel Karmeliet glass (which is absolutely beautiful by the way) with some Tripel Karmeliet. Fantastic beer! Loads of bananas, apples, lightly spicey, some interesting yeast, and a delicious flavor of fresh baked bread comes through in this one. Love this beer and the glass just makes it phenomenal!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Bulleit Bourbon, smoooooth. It's quickly becoming my favorite whiskey.
  • Options
    Bowmore mother effing 12 year single malt
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I totally drank my fair share of Miller Lite last night...

I cut my cigar open with a pocket knife and today started with having to check my bank account to see how much I spent... Yikes!
  • Options
    i drink vodka last night and oh, my head are still turning around. geshh i guess i drunk too much.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    Last night I was able to try out my new Tripel Karmeliet glass (which is absolutely beautiful by the way) with some Tripel Karmeliet. Fantastic beer! Loads of bananas, apples, lightly spicey, some interesting yeast, and a delicious flavor of fresh baked bread comes through in this one. Love this beer and the glass just makes it phenomenal!
    I have heard good things about this beer. Where did you find it? I haven't seen it anywhere around me, but thats not unusual.
  • Options
    Last night, I had Knob Creek bourbon.

Very good stuff, it is indeed. My favorite whiskey at this point.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    I have heard good things about this beer. Where did you find it? I haven't seen it anywhere around me, but thats not unusual.
    Being in Colorado has it's benefits. The mayor of Denver used to be a homebrewer and he has a brew pub which he started before becoming mayor. It's still in business today and is a premier location in Denver to hit up if you're a beer fan. So, CO is very beer friendly, more than most by far. Some argue that only CA is a better location for beer than CO in the states. I just picked up the beer at one of my local beer stores. I've had it before, but this came in a pack with the glass and a four pack of beer. Here's a picture of the glass.

If ever you want a beer and don't have access to it, you can try ordering online. Different states have different laws, so not every state will allow you to receive beer in the mail. But it's always worth a try. Here's just one place where you can order beer online.
  • Options
    kaworuchan:
    Last night, I had Knob Creek bourbon. Very good stuff, it is indeed. My favorite whiskey at this point.
    Yes, that is a great bourbon indeed!! A favorite of mine as well.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Tonight I had old faithful. Jim Beam and Pepsi. If you knew me you would think I'm crazy because I hate Pepsi but for some reason I think it tastes better than coke with JB.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    A glass of 1% milk, I almost went crazy and put some nestle chocolate inside! JK
  • Options
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    Being in Colorado has it's benefits. The mayor of Denver used to be a homebrewer and he has a brew pub which he started before becoming mayor. It's still in business today and is a premier location in Denver to hit up if you're a beer fan. So, CO is very beer friendly, more than most by far. Some argue that only CA is a better location for beer than CO in the states. I just picked up the beer at one of my local beer stores. I've had it before, but this came in a pack with the glass and a four pack of beer. Here's a picture of the glass.

If ever you want a beer and don't have access to it, you can try ordering online. Different states have different laws, so not every state will allow you to receive beer in the mail. But it's always worth a try. Here's just one place where you can order beer online.
    You might have just become my new best friend! There are so many beers on there that I cna't find anywhere in NC. Now I know I will only have to wait like 3 days and I will have them delivered right to my doorstep. Thanks bro!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

I bookmarked the page. I would love to have some of the beers I've tried on hand at the house. There's some other goodies on this site as well. Thanks for posting the link!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    damn ohio's restrictive alcohol laws!!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    Yeah, I just went to Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission's website, and found out I can't have it delivered from an out-of-state entity. B.S.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    No kidding!! I just had the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on Thanksgiving and loved it! A fantastic stout aged in bourbon barrels and gives off rich flavors of vanilla, caramel, charred oak; it's just fantastic. But, it's 13% and I'm gonna cry when we move home. I grew up in Canton, will be moving home as soon as our house sells. Boy, I'm sure gonna miss all the fantastic beer here.

Do you know if Ohio allows you to receive beer in the mail, as long as it's under 12%? I haven't felt like digging that info up yet, didn't know if you knew off the top of your head.
  • Options
    Miller Lite yesterday, and Miller Lite today...

Except today's Miller Lite is tasting a little worse than yesterday for I'm drinking it being forced to watch "The Ugly Truth"
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ...Sorry for you Lassie.. I don't think all the beer in Milwaukee, could make me like that film.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ...Sorry for you Lassie.. I don't think all the beer in Milwaukee, could make me like that film.
    I don't know... I kinda sorta laughed out loud a couple times already... am I gay?
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    JZ:
    A glass of 1% milk, I almost went crazy and put some nestle chocolate inside! JK
    You're a madman!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Miller Lite then switched to Michelob Lite this evening ...uummmm good ...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Jim Beam Black and sweet tea... not too bad. Then Later I'll have some Crown...
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    I don't know... I kinda sorta laughed out loud a couple times already... am I gay?
    It's possible, but then again ask yourself, Was I laughing because it was funny? Or was I laughing because Katherine Heigl is fun to look at?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Sorry to tell you, anyone who has butt sex with Mexican Elvis is definitely gay.
  • Options
    Vodka, or what I call "Time Travel Juice" I time traveled from about 10pm last night to 8am this morning...

That's what it feels like... I have texts, phone logs, and Facebook posts that prove I was up till about 1am... but I'll be damned if I don't remember all but bits and pieces of it!!!!