Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, And Hornsby's Hard Cider Amber Draft.
    What did you think of the Celebration Ale? I picked up a sixer a little over a month ago and I'd like to get it again. This time, I want to get some Keen's Cheddar to go along with it. I imagine that combination would be to die for.
  • Options
    Tonight is Delirium Noel. Pretty decent Belgian Strong Ale. It's not the best Christmas beer I've had, but it's not the worst either.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    7&7
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    BStayer:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, And Hornsby's Hard Cider Amber Draft.
    What did you think of the Celebration Ale? I picked up a sixer a little over a month ago and I'd like to get it again. This time, I want to get some Keen's Cheddar to go along with it. I imagine that combination would be to die for.

I really like it... it's got some kinda spice I can't place. Might have to pick up another 6 pack.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    7&7
    My all time favorite mixer! It's as simple as they come, and tastes so darn great. I get it all the time when I am out, and have it at home when I am not in to mood for a beer or a scotch. Nice choice!
  • Options
    Full Moon, and a couple Godfathers....
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm the official skanky beer tester of Miller lite... 5 and counting so far tonight and not one is skanky... It's a tough job but someone has to do it...
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a couple of Caramel Apple drinks earlier. These are awesome! If you go to the tea and coffee isle in Walmart, you'll find some instant apple cider packs. Basically, make a cup of that and then add a shot of Butterscotch Schnapps to it. Heavenly.

Followed up with a Tequila Sunrise and a glass of Trader Joe's Cabernet Sauvignon. Smokee hooked me up with this bottle and I gotta say, for a cheap bottle of Cab, I was really impressed!
  • Options
    I am a little less than a month away from getting back to the States and I can almost taste the beer! I recently saw a commercial about a show where a guy travels all over the world and samples drinks... This got me thinking about drinks from all over the world, and about how that has to be the best job on the planet! I am sure you have all seen the commercials for this show, but I saw it for the first time last night and I wanted to share my excitement!

I hope all of you are enjoying your daily libations. Drink one for me on New Years Eve, and I will be home to join you all shortly.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    jpclotfelter:
    7&7
    My friend from college turned me on to these and they are great! Always a good, consistent drink.

Tonight I enjoyed a Yuengling Lager strait from the tap in the garage. Although recently I have been drinking a lot of the local Lancaster Brewery Winter Warmer. That is some awesome dark beer! And given the season, its name is perfect!
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    jpclotfelter:
    7&7
    My friend from college turned me on to these and they are great! Always a good, consistent drink.

Tonight I enjoyed a Yuengling Lager strait from the tap in the garage. Although recently I have been drinking a lot of the local Lancaster Brewery Winter Warmer. That is some awesome dark beer! And given the season, its name is perfect!
    Where in PA are you? I visit up there a few times a year, I went to college in Reading (I know, not the best city in PA!).
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Splurged yesterday on a Tall Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout! Always a nice treat.
  • Options
    I actually live just outside Reading, in Shillington. I think we covered this once before didn't we? You went to Albright but only for a little while? That's where I also went to College. I graduated in May and still live in the area. And you're right, Reading is not the best city in PA! They have a higher murder rate per capita than Philly!
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    I actually live just outside Reading, in Shillington. I think we covered this once before didn't we? You went to Albright but only for a little while? That's where I also went to College. I graduated in May and still live in the area. And you're right, Reading is not the best city in PA! They have a higher murder rate per capita than Philly!
    I have a BAD memory haha, but I remember now! I will be up there in either Feb. or March. I'll let you know, and maybe we can set up a little PA herf.
  • Options
    Last night it was Great Divide Barrel Aged Yeti. It's an imperial stout that was aged in Stranahan's Wiskey barrels for 20 mos. Lots of vanilla, sweet caramel, and a thick chewy mouthfeel. It was fantastic for the cold night we had.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Hugemoose:
    I have a BAD memory haha, but I remember now! I will be up there in either Feb. or March. I'll let you know, and maybe we can set up a little PA herf.
    Haha that is alright. I don't think I'll be going anywhere. The B&M I go to from time to time has a few nice leather couches and a DVD collection we could certainly hit up.

As for what I'm drinking tonight..... Well I got off work super early (8pm instead of 11pm) so I am going to the bar with a few friends! Although I work tomorrow morning at 7:30 so I guess I can't get too drunk.
  • Options
    Dont drink much or very often but tonight Ima gonna work on my bottle Captain Morgan 100 proof
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Dont drink much or very often but tonight Ima gonna work on my bottle Captain Morgan 100 proof
    Oh the memories... the Captain and I have had some good nights, most of them I do not remember but have the pictures to prove it was fun. I think he and I are due for a reunion when I get home. Good call, that stuff is delicious!
  • Options
    ah yes memories......just sippin on this straight..in another life it would been capn n cokes allnite...now this 100 proof is a bit strong but i find my self enjoying and discerning the flavors as i would a cigar, I would best describe this libation as spicy butterscotch with a helluva kick/bite.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    a mondavi cabernet...
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Well on x-mas my wifes uncle that was in town from baltimore got me some nifty items ...... one was the identical gift i got for him ...... a bottle of Hendricks Gin ...... really great stuff if your into gin and he is very much but iam not ..... so i open my gift and its the same bottle ....... ooops no biggie he buys it back and says get yourself a bottle that you really want ...... now iam a vodka and tequila guy ..... so i picked up a bottle of milagro anejo ....... all excited to buy it the fine lad at the counter says have you tried Corzo yet .... i say no he offers a sample of their anejo and wow ...... i find out its the number 1 rated tequila for 09 ....... so thats what i had to drink tonight out of his other gift to me ....... a solid pewter shot glass that looks like a cowbell with a steer for the base ...... i had no idea at first what it was .... the sbout and horns of the steer are what it stands on and its so freaking awesome ........ so if you get a chance to try the corzo anejo ......... do it
  • Options
    I had a Glenfiddich 12 on the rocks last night. only 1 and it did the trick.
  • Options
    I am working my way through those 5 liter kegs from Heineken and have a 12er of Lowenbrau waiting for me!!!
  • Options
    Well I got too drunk last night. My buddy was buying me long islands because he wanted to see me trashed. He was buying, and it worked. 3.5 hours of sleep then off to work. Tonight I think I'll just have some nice, cold, water.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Early nite out from work (thats how I have time to be on here for the first time this week I think) so I.m partaking of some Buffalo Trace ...this stuff is excellent ! Of course mixed with Sierra Mist Free ...
  • Options
    I had a glass of Moet Chandon for a toast w the Mrs. last night. then had a couple beers. A German beer Kocher, it was nice almost like a hefenweizen. Then had a Magic Hat #9,
  • Options
    Full Moon!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had some of the sam adams winter lager. not too shabby.
  • Options
    Smirnoff and Sprite Zero....
  • Options
    last night i had yuengling and sam adams winter lager. i like the winter lager a lot and yuengling has always been on of my favorite.