Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    gmill880:
    Sandman1am:
    blustar4life:
    About to try my first Buffalo Trace. After reading about it here, thought i'd try to find it to no avail for the last 6 months. Then moved to a new house and the grocery store a block away carries it. Kind of excited to giver a try.
    Tat/Phil turned me on to this and I thought it was pretty good. I can't find it anywhere around me either.

One of my fav's now
    I'm hoping that he has some when I go there in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Some really nice Guatemalan coffee, roasted to med dark. MMmmm.

Looking at getting some Nicaraguan SHG beans from a guy at E-bay. I love trying different beans almost as much as new cigars.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Enjoying a 12 year Glenfiddich. Nothing fancy, but it is really delicious. I'm not a huge fan of scotch, but I'm working on it!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Enjoying a 12 year Glenfiddich. Nothing fancy, but it is really delicious. I'm not a huge fan of scotch, but I'm working on it!
    Tat just like we talked about it takes some building of the palet. Yesterday I had a few Corona's during the day. That evening a good friend moved back into town from Tx. So I did some Famous Grouse, Jameson, and he had Baileys while we smoked cigars. It was a great night.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    i drank 7 half pints of chocolate milk
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night had a nice glass of Oban Scotch, then to finish my smoke I had a glass of McAllen. Both great scotches and went VERY well with the Alec Bradley Family Blend!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    chocolate milk is the best. so so good, but damn man 3.5 pints??
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    bbc020:
    Yeah, seriously. lol. That's a ton of chocolate milk.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Williams:
    bbc020:
    Yeah, seriously. lol. That's a ton of chocolate milk.
    we have a bit of a surplus at work. We deliver meals to schools and other programs for after school programs and since many of these have been canceled recently due to weather, we have a good bit of milk that will go bad before we can deliver...so I'm doing my part not to waste it.

And get my daily dose of calcium in a wonderfully chocolate flavored beverage.

I'm working on my 4th half pint today
  • Options
    Stella Artois with a Fuente. Great combo.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Vodka and Sprite Zero in the ManCave with a Mug bigger than my head (I don't want to have to leave the ManCave for Refills!!!)
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Went out to a bar with my fiance and some friends. Had a few Moosehead's and some sort of bomb that was bought for me. It was a good night!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I am about to go outside and have some Aberlour 16 yr. with a RP Edge Maduro. I hope this turns out as well as I think it might.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    About to try Wild Turkey 101 for the first time.......

Two ice cubes, just in case.

Mmmmmmm. Smooth. Nutty. Sweet finish.

Whoa. That's a bomb in the belly.

All in all, a decent bourbon.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Another Godfather followed by Jim Beam Black with Cinnamon...
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a Shiner 101 my roomie picked up.. not bad, still like the Shiner Bock a bit better. Good for a pilsner
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Today I had Pauwel Kwak in my new Pauwel Kwak glass. I love this glass...probably the most unique beer glass out there. Check it out here...it's pretty cool. And of course, the beer is really good too. Rather heavy on the malts, a bit of caramel, and rather thirst quenching. A very good Belgian beer, imo.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    Today I had Pauwel Kwak in my new Pauwel Kwak glass. I love this glass...probably the most unique beer glass out there. Check it out here...it's pretty cool. And of course, the beer is really good too. Rather heavy on the malts, a bit of caramel, and rather thirst quenching. A very good Belgian beer, imo.
    Do you work in the beer industry? This is not the first time that you have had a fairly rare beer in the glass produced specificaly for it. I know it is a bit hard to find some of the beers you have tasted, and getting that glass to go with it is even more difficult... Maybe it's because you live in the land of beer, or maybe it's because you are a beer-ninja..?
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    Do you work in the beer industry? This is not the first time that you have had a fairly rare beer in the glass produced specificaly for it. I know it is a bit hard to find some of the beers you have tasted, and getting that glass to go with it is even more difficult... Maybe it's because you live in the land of beer, or maybe it's because you are a beer-ninja..?
    I'm just an overly big beer geek (though "beer ninja" sounds cool!!) and it's all Michael Jackson's fault! Not the pop singer, but the "Beer Hunter" himself; this guy. I bought a book of his (this one) and ever since then, I've been in love with beer on a whole new level and the glasses that go along with it.

Beer really is a hobby of mine and I spend a decent amount of time with it. Even some of my hopes revolve around beer. I.E. I want to do a road trip across the country on one long stretch with a map and visit some of the breweries that brew my favorite beers. Part of that would include buying a growler at each brewery, filling it up, and then taking it home to enjoy. I'd like to do something similar in Europe as well. A lot of my heart rests with pairing beer with food and so that would play a major role in a trip through Europe. This does a pretty good job of laying out what beer is really about and touches on some of what I hope to experience on a trip through Europe. Of course, after dinner/beer, I can see myself ending that part with a very nice cigar.There's definitely more to do with beer than one might originally think.

I have had some pretty rare beers, but most of what I've had is fairly common here in CO (including Pauwel Kwak). In fact, I didn't realize that Pauwel Kwak was difficult for you to get. If you are interested in glasses that are made by/for breweries, you can buy some here. Albeit, I bought my glass locally; you can find it (page 3 I believe) and many others at this site. There are a few places online that sell beer glasses that are made specifically for a special beer. Sam Adams also has a very nice glass that I'd love to get my hands on. Check it out here.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today I roasted up some Guatemalan coffee beans and proceeded to misjudge how much to use with my new french press, resulting in some really strong, bordering on thermonuclear, coffee. I've been jacked up on caffeine for the entire evening. Good stuff though, can't wait to try it at a proper mix. Gotta love home roasting.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    I'm just an overly big beer geek (though "beer ninja" sounds cool!!) and it's all Michael Jackson's fault! Not the pop singer, but the "Beer Hunter" himself; this guy. I bought a book of his (this one) and ever since then, I've been in love with beer on a whole new level and the glasses that go along with it.

Beer really is a hobby of mine and I spend a decent amount of time with it. Even some of my hopes revolve around beer. I.E. I want to do a road trip across the country on one long stretch with a map and visit some of the breweries that brew my favorite beers. Part of that would include buying a growler at each brewery, filling it up, and then taking it home to enjoy. I'd like to do something similar in Europe as well. A lot of my heart rests with pairing beer with food and so that would play a major role in a trip through Europe. This does a pretty good job of laying out what beer is really about and touches on some of what I hope to experience on a trip through Europe. Of course, after dinner/beer, I can see myself ending that part with a very nice cigar.There's definitely more to do with beer than one might originally think.

I have had some pretty rare beers, but most of what I've had is fairly common here in CO (including Pauwel Kwak). In fact, I didn't realize that Pauwel Kwak was difficult for you to get. If you are interested in glasses that are made by/for breweries, you can buy some here. Albeit, I bought my glass locally; you can find it (page 3 I believe) and many others at this site. There are a few places online that sell beer glasses that are made specifically for a special beer. Sam Adams also has a very nice glass that I'd love to get my hands on. Check it out here.
    I used to think that NC was a decent place to get a variety of beers, but as I read more about the beers you drink I realize that is not the case. Hopefully, some day, I can move away from the horrible east coast and closer to good beer!
  • Options
    I know I've mentioned this before, but you should get hooked up with www.ratebeer.com or www.beeradvocate.com. They are both free and are huge tools in seeking out new beers to try. You can find out what's available in your area, find out about events, set up trades, and obviously, rate and read other's ratings about beer.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    I know I've mentioned this before, but you should get hooked up with www.ratebeer.com or www.beeradvocate.com. They are both free and are huge tools in seeking out new beers to try. You can find out what's available in your area, find out about events, set up trades, and obviously, rate and read other's ratings about beer.
    I will have to check them both out when I get back to NC. Thanks for the heads up... again haha
  • Options
    Last night it was Sam Adams Noble Pils. I was really surprised by this beer. It had a mild but nice hop presence up front followed with a rather strong cereal grain finish. I love the taste of grains so this one really hit the spot!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    A few Yingers, while listening to a friend's friend's band.
  • Options
    Tattoo by Captain Morgan
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Last night, I had some Agwa (herbal liqueur made from bolivian coca leaves and other herbs/botanicals) with fresh squeezed lime juice and some simple syrup. Not bad, but I'll need something to cut the acidity of the lime next time - maybe just more sugar.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Nyquil .......... i've been sic for a few days and its the only way i can sleep through the night , then during the day water to flush mucinex down the hatch ............. and some chai tea as well
  • Options
    Yesterday was Baileys & Grey Goose, today is Celis White and Celis Grand Cru beer from Michigan Brewing Co. yummy Belgian style beer.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Anybody know of a good stout that falls in the 6% alcohol per volume of beer law in Alabama that is readily available? I really like guiness if that helps.