Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    PederPeder Posts: 13
    Some Czech army guys gave my boss some Czech near-beer so we drank a six-pack. It's a nice change from the usual Beck's non-alcoholic.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I have a BEER question!! Has anyone tried the Bud Light Wheat Beer? I don't think I've noticed it before last night when I was at winco. It was cheap in price, anyone?
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    nightmaremike31:
    I have a BEER question!! Has anyone tried the Bud Light Wheat Beer? I don't think I've noticed it before last night when I was at winco. It was cheap in price, anyone?
    Tastes like poo. Don't waste your money. If you want a good wheat beer, try Paulaner. It's a fantastic German Wheat...very tastey and rather complex.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Last night was an Italian feast of soup, salad, pasta, chicken and tripe washed down with homemade red wine, homemade grappa and homemade lemoncello.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    Tastes like pooh. Don't waste your money. If you want a good wheat beer, try Paulaner. It's a fantastic German Wheat...very tastey and rather complex.
    Ooooh, I like the reviews on that particular beer. I'm going to have to hunt some down for sure. Thanks Brian
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    Tastes like pooh. Don't waste your money. If you want a good wheat beer, try Paulaner. It's a fantastic German Wheat...very tastey and rather complex.
    If it says "bud light" on it you know you are getting a terrible beer. I agree with the Paulaner, fantastic brew.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    Ooooh, I like the reviews on that particular beer. I'm going to have to hunt some down for sure. Thanks Brian
    Check out all of Paulaner's stuff, especially their Salvatore. It's a dopplebock perfect for the chilly spring mos. coming up. The history of this style is pretty neat. Monks drink bocks during lent while they are fasting to sustain them during this period. Therefore, these beers have a high grain bill and therefore are considered 'liquid bread', which is why the monks rely on these beers. Also, that's why the name, Salvatore = latin for "Saviour", was given to this beer. Dopplebocks are just bocks with a higher abv. Due to the high grain bill, you get a lot of malty aromas and flavors coming through, some express chocolate, some fruity like dates and plums. Mostly, they are just a pleasure to enjoy.

Just ask Kuzi, lol...he really likes Salvatore.
  • Options
    I am drinking a Magic Hat IPA right now. Not the best IPA out there, far from it actualy. An IPA to me is like a nice full flavored, full bodied cigar. The Magic Hat is more like a mild smoke... pretty dissapointing actualy.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    Check out all of Paulaner's stuff, especially their Salvatore. It's a dopplebock perfect for the chilly spring mos. coming up. The history of this style is pretty neat. Monks drink bocks during lent while they are fasting to sustain them during this period. Therefore, these beers have a high grain bill and therefore are considered 'liquid bread', which is why the monks rely on these beers. Also, that's why the name, Salvatore = latin for "Saviour", was given to this beer. Dopplebocks are just bocks with a higher abv. Due to the high grain bill, you get a lot of malty aromas and flavors coming through, some express chocolate, some fruity like dates and plums. Mostly, they are just a pleasure to enjoy.

That's what I'm talkin bout!! ANYTHING with even a dash of chocolate, and I've always liked the delicious wheaty bready-ness that beers can have... mmmm, so good. Monks knew what the hell was up back then, crafty devils.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    nightmaremike31:

That's what I'm talkin bout!! ANYTHING with even a dash of chocolate, and I've always liked the delicious wheaty bready-ness that beers can have... mmmm, so good. Monks knew what the hell was up back then, crafty devils.
    If the sound of chocolage turns you on, oh boy...check out sweet stouts. Rogue Chocolate Stout is very good. Also, Young's Double chocolate Stout is also very good. Both of these beers literally have chocolate added to them and the chocolate flavors are easily accessible. However, there are some beers that do not add any chocolate, yet still taste like it. It's a direct result of the process used in malting. The malts are then roasted and a chocolate like flavor is then accessible. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is a wonderful example of this. But rather than a milk chocolate flavor, it's more of a bitter dark chocolate aspect. Still, very yummy!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I am drinking a Magic Hat IPA right now. Not the best IPA out there, far from it actualy. An IPA to me is like a nice full flavored, full bodied cigar. The Magic Hat is more like a mild smoke... pretty dissapointing actualy.
    My buddy told me about this beer, the Magic Hat Hi.P.A. Said it was way bitter. I tasted it and was like, this is an IPA? lol...just demonstrates varying palate's. Basically, my point is that I agree with you, it is a disappointing IPA.

That Raging B I T C H I had last night was terrific! If you have access to Flying Dog, I recommend it. It's a Belgian-Style IPA and it has a softer side to it I wouldn't expect in an IPA, yet it never leaves any doubt that it is indeed an IPA. It's rather fruity, a touch sweet, and yet very bitter in the finish. A very nice IPA.
  • Options
    So I woke up this morning and knew exactly what I was going to get drunk on tonight... NyQuil... I caught a cold, my nose wont stop running, my body wont stop hurting, and my head feels like its full of high pressure jello...

I wish they made beer flavored medicine
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I could really use a Godfather right now... *sigh*
  • Options
    Had a gin and tonic with my Partagas tonight. Lovely combination.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    DEW AND VODKA!!! SET Phasers on FUN!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Miller Lite / Michelob Light
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Miller Lite / Michelob Light
    Bacardi Limon and Diet Coke
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had some Eagle Rare Single Barrell 10 yrs. last night! yum. Many thanks to Cholmes for turning me onto this stuff!
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I had a rum and coke, well actually a lot of rum and cokes, a rocky patel owr, and a gurkha ancient warrior
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I had some Eagle Rare Single Barrell 10 yrs. last night! yum. Many thanks to Cholmes for turning me onto this stuff!
    I bought a bottle of this today. I was a little sceptical at first, but as soon as I opened it up I was impressed. This is some good stuff! I am more of a scotch and beer drinker, but I like a good bourbon from time to time and this stuff is pretty nice. Not too expensive either...
  • Options
    Drinking a Godfather... damn I wish I could smoke right now.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    ejenne87:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I bought a bottle of this today. I was a little sceptical at first, but as soon as I opened it up I was impressed. This is some good stuff! I am more of a scotch and beer drinker, but I like a good bourbon from time to time and this stuff is pretty nice. Not too expensive either...
    Ditto, Im a beer and scotch guy, but every now and then mix in a burbon or two. I was a woodford burbon guy until Cholmes converted me. Been through 2+bottles in less than a year! Thats some good drinkin.
  • Options
    Oh sweet godfather.... I love this drink.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    stephen_hannibal:
    Stephen is that scotch and amaretto on the rocks? If so what kind of scotch & amaretto do you use?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Stephen is that scotch and amaretto on the rocks? If so what kind of scotch & amaretto do you use?

Yes it is...
    Right now i'm using Dewars White Label And Disaronno....
  • Options
    About to try my first Buffalo Trace. After reading about it here, thought i'd try to find it to no avail for the last 6 months. Then moved to a new house and the grocery store a block away carries it. Kind of excited to giver a try.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    never really had cognac until the other day when I tried some Hennesy. Not sure whether that's not a good brand of cognac or maybe cognac just isn't for me. I do like some whiskey and I don't give a *** if it has an "e" in it or not.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:

Yes it is...
    Right now i'm using Dewars White Label And Disaronno....
    Awesome both are very good IMO. Never tried them together, looks like I have something new to try soon. I'm taking it that you can use less of the Disaronno because it is so sweet or do you like your drinks on the sweeter side?
  • Options
    blustar4life:
    About to try my first Buffalo Trace. After reading about it here, thought i'd try to find it to no avail for the last 6 months. Then moved to a new house and the grocery store a block away carries it. Kind of excited to giver a try.
    Tat/Phil turned me on to this and I thought it was pretty good. I can't find it anywhere around me either.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sandman1am:
    blustar4life:
    Tat/Phil turned me on to this and I thought it was pretty good. I can't find it anywhere around me either.

One of my fav's now