Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Vodka, or what I call "Time Travel Juice" I time traveled from about 10pm last night to 8am this morning...

That's what it feels like... I have texts, phone logs, and Facebook posts that prove I was up till about 1am... but I'll be damned if I don't remember all but bits and pieces of it!!!!
    Hey Lassy, you and me are in the same boat there. I was drinking Jim Beam myself, but can only account for up to about 2 am I think. Sadly enough, myspace has documentation of my downward spiral...well, had documentation....
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Vodka, or what I call "Time Travel Juice" I time traveled from about 10pm last night to 8am this morning...

That's what it feels like... I have texts, phone logs, and Facebook posts that prove I was up till about 1am... but I'll be damned if I don't remember all but bits and pieces of it!!!!
    Hey Lassy, you and me are in the same boat there. I was drinking Jim Beam myself, but can only account for up to about 2 am I think. Sadly enough, myspace has documentation of my downward spiral...well, had documentation....
    I'm starting to HATE the digital age...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Captain Morgan Private Stock...
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    For me tonight with the foot of snow thats on the ground and with more coming I'm getting a hot chocolate with Baileys mixed in. Its the ****
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:

I'm starting to HATE the digital age...
    Isn't that the truth.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Captain Morgan Private Stock...
    A wise choice, my friend.

I can't wait to get home, only about 5 weeks or so left. I have a list of drinks to try that seems endless.
  • Options
    After I got done throwing 50lb. of salt all over the place I am enjoying a Miller lite....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Miller Lite for me to tonite Lassy ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Well than cheers!!! Maybe you'll be smoking one of My Cubans tonight!!! I won't be... tonight feels a little less classy than that... Maybe I'll have a Rocky Patel or something
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    After I got done throwing 50lb. of salt all over the place I am enjoying a Miller lite....
    Correction... MANY Miller Lite's!!!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    50 pounds?! thats a lot of margaritas!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I've enjoyed two different beers the last two nights. On Tuesday night in the -6 degree weather with a nasty windchill of -19, I enjoyed Santa's Little Helper. A nice 10% abv thick and heavy stout kept me warm that night. Very lovely beer with real intense flavors of coffee, dark chocolate, licorice and anise. I can't wait to have another!

Last night I had a Goose Island Christmas Ale. It was pretty nice as well. A bit hoppy and the mouthfeel was a little thin for the weather we've been having, but there were some nice spices in it amidst a nice caramel backdrop.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Well than cheers!!! Maybe you'll be smoking one of My Cubans tonight!!! I won't be... tonight feels a little less classy than that... Maybe I'll have a Rocky Patel or something

Hope you saw my response to your 'package' ( that didn't sound gay did it ? ) in the good traders thread ! I did smoke one in the hot tub last Sunday before starting the new job and it was awsome ...burned the Monte ...
  • Options
    Tonight, it's a lovely snifter of North Coast Old Stock Ale while I'm still at the office. An absolute favorite! It's very rich with plums, raisins, molasses, and browned sugar to name a few flavors. And at 11.5% abv, it keeps me warm on cold nights like this when it's in the single digits outside.

Benjamin Franklin said it best when he said, "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
  • Options
    Last night I had a couple of really nice beers. First was a bottle of Bush de Noel, a brewery in Belgium who has nothing to do with the Busch here in the states. A christmas beer, very rich, malty, and sweet. It was surprisingly excellent!

Then I had a bottle of Lindemans Gueuze - Cuvee Rene. A lambic brewed in the same manner it was 1,000 years ago - by spontaneous fermentation.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    Last night I had a couple of really nice beers. First was a bottle of Bush de Noel, a brewery in Belgium who has nothing to do with the Busch here in the states. A christmas beer, very rich, malty, and sweet. It was surprisingly excellent!

Then I had a bottle of Lindemans Gueuze - Cuvee Rene. A lambic brewed in the same manner it was 1,000 years ago - by spontaneous fermentation.
    I take it you get all these beers I have never heard of from a local place there in Colorado? We might have to work up a deal when I get home. Suprisingly, good small batch beers are tough to find in NC. There are a lot of local brews, but nothing that quite fits my tastes. I'm gonna have to have you fix me up with some good stuff to try!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

I take it you get all these beers I have never heard of from a local place there in Colorado? We might have to work up a deal when I get home. Suprisingly, good small batch beers are tough to find in NC. There are a lot of local brews, but nothing that quite fits my tastes. I'm gonna have to have you fix me up with some good stuff to try!
    Yeah, it's all stuff at my local liquor stores. It's amazing how many different beers they have...65 coolers line two walls and the beer selection is always changing with seasonals and as distribution changes.

That would be quite cool to set up some trades...I don't have access to the beers brewed in NC. Do you have access to Foothills Brewing and Rabbit-Duck? Foothills has a beer called Sexual Chocolate and it's supposed to be an extremely good impy stout.
  • Options
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

Yeah, it's all stuff at my local liquor stores. It's amazing how many different beers they have...65 coolers line two walls and the beer selection is always changing with seasonals and as distribution changes.

That would be quite cool to set up some trades...I don't have access to the beers brewed in NC. Do you have access to Foothills Brewing and Rabbit-Duck? Foothills has a beer called Sexual Chocolate and it's supposed to be an extremely good impy stout.
    I def. can get some of that stuff. There are some great beers in NC, I just like to get down on the more bitter stuff. Most of the stuff in NC is all about the pine and woody tastes. Def. decent beer. I had a beer from duck-rabbit, it was fairly enjoyable. I'll have to make you a little sampler when I get back.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Today it was the champagne of beers for me.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

I def. can get some of that stuff. There are some great beers in NC, I just like to get down on the more bitter stuff. Most of the stuff in NC is all about the pine and woody tastes. Def. decent beer. I had a beer from duck-rabbit, it was fairly enjoyable. I'll have to make you a little sampler when I get back.
    OH! I can get you some of the brown porter from a local restaurant I was talking about in a different thread! Thats a GREAT beer, it's like drinking chocolate laced beer haha
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I have been drinking a lot of Lancaster Brew Winter Warmer. Nice dark beer with lots of character. No preservatives, no spices, just 8.9% alcohol greatness in every bottle!!
  • Options
    Tonight it's Great Divide Hibernation Ale. Rather chocolatey with hints of molasses...nice relaxing brew this time of year.
  • Options
    Miller Lite / Duplin Scuppernong Blush Red Wine
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

If you're ever in Wilmington, stop in downtown at Cape Fear Spirits! They have more bottled beers than you can count! That place is really cool!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

If you're ever in Wilmington, stop in downtown at Cape Fear Spirits! They have more bottled beers than you can count! That place is really cool!
    Great advice, thanks. I'll def. have to check that place out.
  • Options
    Buffalo Trace / Sierra Mist ...uummmmm !!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sierra Mist straight Geno, I don't have any Buffalo Trace, and I have to go to work in about six hours.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Sierra Mist straight Geno, I don't have any Buffalo Trace, and I have to go to work in about six hours.
    That's plenty of time to tie one on!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Buffalo Trace / Sierra Mist ...uummmmm !!!
    I'm going to try this one out soon here Gene, just picked up some more of the Trace this weekend. How do you mix it? Ratio-wise I mean.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, And Hornsby's Hard Cider Amber Draft.