Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

500 post cigar and accessory pass

So it's taken me quite a few years since I'm more of a reader than a poster but I'm about to reach 500 posts, doesn't seem like much in comparison to most but for me it's a bit of a milestone.

So I've come up with an idea for a pass, if you're anything like me in your time in this hobby you've probably accumulated a few cigar related items some could be tools for smoking others maybe just cigar swag that you've gotten from events. And again if you're anything like me you probably don't use half of it and maybe you have something someone else could use or would want and maybe they have something you'd like.

So my idea for this pass is I start it off with something like 15 or so cigars from a few high end to some everyday smokes and 2 or 3 cigar related items something like a cutter, a lighter and a hat.

When the pass reaches you, you take 3-5 cigars and replace them with the same amount of cigars, then you can also take an item and replace it with another item. I'd like to see everyone in the pass participate in both aspects of it but if there really isn't an item you want or need you can skip it, but again I'd really like to see everyone take something.

So anyhow thats my idea, let me know what you guys think and if you're interested.

Comments

• Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Makes me realize I need to go to some events so I get swag. Btw twins in having an event on nov. 1st in Londonderry. It's San Cristobal
  • Options
    I'm in, sounds awesome
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Thehilk and cigarman you guys are in, this may be a very short and easy pass by the looks of it haha.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to join. Give it more time for people to notice your idea. Maybe even a week or so. Keep posting pics of your accesseries and sticks you want to start the pass with. That will get people thinking about joining. My concerns would be how heavy this package might get, and shipping lighters. Are there any restrictions on shipping lighters?
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I'd like to join. Give it more time for people to notice your idea. Maybe even a week or so. Keep posting pics of your accesseries and sticks you want to start the pass with. That will get people thinking about joining. My concerns would be how heavy this package might get, and shipping lighters. Are there any restrictions on shipping lighters?
    Can't have any fuel in them I believe. Just answering, I'm not in sorry.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I like this pass. I am in , if you will have me.
  • Options
    Bob and tyland you guys are in. I think we can keep the package fairly light by avoiding putting anything too big or heavy into it and as long as everyone takes something there won't be more than a couple accessories in there. And yes all lighters should be emptied before they're shipped.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to get in on this if I can, my first thought was I don't have any swag but as I look around that's not exactly true, I also thought about the potential weight but as long as someone doesn't toss in a couple of large ashtrays it should be okay.
  • Options
    onestrangeone:
    I'd like to get in on this if I can, my first thought was I don't have any swag but as I look around that's not exactly true, I also thought about the potential weight but as long as someone doesn't toss in a couple of large ashtrays it should be okay.
    You're definitely in brother!
  • Options
    Any other interest in this? I'd like to get 5-7 more people in before I ship it out.
  • Options
    Here's a look at what I was thinking about including in on the pass, I will probably add a bit more cigars in for variety. Just some of my favorites, the opus is a 1992 rare estate reserve, the 5 vegas has about 4+ years on it and most of the others have a couple years at least, and the only rocky patel I like haha.photo null_zpsf7ac22ac.jpg
  • Options
    danielruas:
    Here's a look at what I was thinking about including in on the pass, I will probably add a bit more cigars in for variety. Just some of my favorites, the opus is a 1992 rare estate reserve, the 5 vegas has about 4+ years on it and most of the others have a couple years at least, and the only rocky patel I like haha.photo null_zpsf7ac22ac.jpg
    Damn, That's quite a start!
  • Options
    I like the looks of it so far :)

Maybe I'll also post a pic of the accessories I will be adding.
  • Options
    Here's a bit of swag I was able to dig up. I'll be considering exchanging these in the pass. It's a two finger leather cigar case that came with a humidor gift pack. A "firebird" nascar "spoiler" single flame lighter (Brand new in the box, I've never had fuel in it and the spark works). A San Cristbal shot glass that I got at a San Cristobal event at one of my B&Ms and a spare humidor key in case anyone has locked themselves out of their humidor LOL.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh snap...that hat is GONE!
  • Options
    I have not forgotten about this pass! With the insanity of winning the cigar lotto I'm trying to get my ass in order but it will fly within the next week hopefully!
  • Options
    danielruas:
    I have not forgotten about this pass! With the insanity of winning the cigar lotto I'm trying to get my ass in order but it will fly within the next week hopefully!
    LOL We know you're busy :) I'm not trying rush you. Just wanted to keep the thread fresh and see if anyone else is interested to join the fun. We got randy's attention. LOL
  • Options
    Rain:
    I'll take that as you're in?
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    danielruas:
    LOL We know you're busy :) I'm not trying rush you. Just wanted to keep the thread fresh and see if anyone else is interested to join the fun. We got randy's attention. LOL
    I am supposed to meet up with thehilk for a ittle herf and for him to hand off the lotto winnings so I can start it then and hand the pass off to him. I'll figure out an order and work out the details and let you fellas know!
  • Options
    danielruas:
    Rain:
    I'll take that as you're in?
    If you'll have me, please.
  • Options
    I will be herfing with thehilk tomorrow so I will start the pass by handing it off to him, if everyone could pm me your addresses I put the order together and include it in the pass.
  • Options
    Also so far we're only looking at 6 participants in the pass so it's going to be pretty short, If anyone else would like to jump in I would love to have you!
  • Options
    PM replied. You know, I got a big head...might have to let that hat go to someone who can wear it ;)
  • Options
    Pm replied.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the PM's the pass will start tomorrow with a handoff to thehilk the order will be

thehilk
    cigarman47
    tyland64
    Bob Luken
    onestrangeone
    Rain

It'll be a short pass that will start with about 18 cigars and 3 accessories, take and put how ever many you'd like I just ask you replace them with the same amount of equal value and please post your puts and takes in this thread. Thank you all for taking part in it and there is still room for people to jump in!
  • Options
    The pass will fly looking like this:
    photo null_zps7143576f.jpg
  • Options
    LAST?!?!?!?!?!Oh, fine ;)
  • Options
    This should be fun!!
  • Options
    Pass was handed off to thehilk tonight, He's heading out on vacation sunday so I gave him the ok to ship it when he gets back, I'm not in a rush and this gives some time if anyone else wants to jump in before it gets moving.
  • Options
    Bump