124»

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Okay, lets see if I can remember how to do this.image
    Hey look at that it Worked!
    Takes on the left, puts on the right
    Thanks for letting me be a part of this!
    I should have it on the road home tomorrow.
    Here you go brother 9505 5000 2057 4003 0001 73
    ETA Mon
    Updated
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Pass made it home today, thank you to those involved who made the pass great, so now I will follow my own rules and post pictures.

photo 9EF6598A-5F10-4EA5-A87E-C75FCB4B589A_zpsttljphzg.jpg
    photo 9875063D-40B1-42C6-8F28-27E46FA0EABE_zpsbcuaqkml.jpg

I had planned to step away from the board after this pass but some brothers here have been great and I figure I'll stick around a bit and mostly lay low and just trade with those I trust. I urge you all to seriously consider not dealing with cigarman in the future, he is constantly a source of trouble in passes and seems to really only be out to get good cigars and send out junk. With that said thank you to everyone else who made this pass worth it, and I hope those few who participated enjoyed it.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I am glad u r sticking around Dan. I am very glad to have met u and been able to herf with u a couple times now. Thanks for letting me in this pass and I am glad it made it back to u safe and sound.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Good man Daniel !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Guys it would appear your subtlety, though hilarious to me and not really all that subtle, has fallen on deaf ears. It would also appear that there is a growing concern on the forum of cigarman's inability to follow rules in passes and to follow a few of the TPB etiquette guidelines.

I'm not sure if PMs have been exchanged regarding these issues. I do know that we had issues with poker winnings last year and attempted to remedy them via PM with limited to no success. I personally don't get involved in anything he is involved in, which is a bummer because he gets in just about every pass. It seems like more and more people are growing frustrated and I feel something should be done.

With that said, I'm not sure what exactly should be done. I'm not saying we should ostracize the guy, but it isn't fair to the people of this board to allow this to continue. With no pictures or at least a list of puts/takes there really isn't any way of knowing what he puts/takes and that doesn't sit well with me. The other obvious issue is that super-cheap bargain bin cigars are replacing higher end cigars in everything he's involved in. People spend their hard earned money on these cigars and offer them to others just to be screwed and that isn't right. This isn't an issue of "well it's all he has" because that clearly isn't the case. I'll leave this to you all to decide how to proceed. I would probably suggest a new thread somewhere where people can voice their concerns publicly as the PM route hasn't worked.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna gang up here, and I hate to do it, on CigarMan. Did a trade a few months back, all I asked was something from my want to try list and want to try again list be included----all else was up to him. Didnt get either, and the others were----well.....up to him lets say.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, Peli....the thread you are talkingabout-----a "bad traders" thread has been started in the past and failed becasue....in my opinion.....people are worried about one bad deal making someone look bad. In my expereicen here, that has never been the case and if someone gets "called out" they deserve it. Would love to see it start again.....may even give something a bump.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Several have expressed thier feelings on the situation. I am all for giving one the benefit of the doubt.
    BUT I have no problems calling a spade a spade. When a person has no respect for others and continually burns them they need to be called out. Its disrespectful, selfish, pig headed , and plain wrong on how he has conducted himself.
    I have expressed my feelings about him and WILL NEVER deal with him.
    When someone is that selfish then its time to be done with them. He never does anything but passes, passes dog rockets and takes high end sticks , waits until its convenient for him to ship and has the gall to ask when his is shipping if its not to his liking, ships in friggin envelopes , will not post pictures,then has no remorse about his actions !
    I have no use for people like that and will call him out.
    I think people are so afraid the community will come down on them when or if people call out people when they are deadbeats.
    I look at it this way.
    If you look down on me for telling the truth and trying to protect this community then so be it. That is your prerogative !
    We all have decisions. But we ALL have a responsibility to protect those who are Upright, Honest, and all around good peeps.
    To let this go on and simply "sweep it under the rug" is the absolute WRONG THING TO DO !. You keep sweeping it under the rug then the jerk keeps doing what hes doing and offends someone who is an outstanding member enough to make that person leave. Then WE ARE ALL GUILTY and no better than the offender !
    Like me or not thats who I am. I have said my piece, you make your judgement.
    Sweeping it under the rug only makes a bigger mess !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Call the Sheriff. Problem solved.
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I personally just won't participate in anything cigarman is in on which is unfortunate but I refuse to ever have to put my quality sticks up again for him to get his hands on. Perfect example is the lottery thread. I won a couple months back and planned to participate for the long run until he screwed me and a few other people so I sat out this month and I'm glad I did because he won and I would have absolutely hated to spend the money to ship him cigars which I would have done but they would have been the same dog rockets he sent me.