Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Come Be A Jackass With Me In Here

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    0patience:
    Uhm. You guys may want to get a room for that. ROFL!!
    Sorry. I had to. It begged for that comment.
    Hahahaah nice Tony!!! Yeah kinda teed that one up didn't we?!

On a different note, loved your read on the specific energy and related conversations about ethanol and E85, love that stuff and was more than a little impressive to see such well thought out and documented support of what was being talked about. Nice one Tony ;)
    To be honest, the only reason I know this stuff is a few years ago, I did a lot of technical advisory for some automotive diagnostic and technical information companies and my current job is a lot of dealing with oils, fuels and mechanics of the fleet.
    I was heavy into the performance stuff years ago, so have always had an interest in fuels.
    So this subject is one that has been an ongoing thing for me.
    Ethanol and bio-diesel, synthetic oils and that type of stuff, we've done some heavy research into.
    A ton of oil and fuel analysis and testing. You know, the boring stuff. LOL!
    I'm a numbers type of person. I look for the hard numbers instead of the theories. If that makes sense.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    90+ Irishman:
    0patience:
    Uhm. You guys may want to get a room for that. ROFL!!
    Sorry. I had to. It begged for that comment.
    Hahahaah nice Tony!!! Yeah kinda teed that one up didn't we?!

On a different note, loved your read on the specific energy and related conversations about ethanol and E85, love that stuff and was more than a little impressive to see such well thought out and documented support of what was being talked about. Nice one Tony ;)
    To be honest, the only reason I know this stuff is a few years ago, I did a lot of technical advisory for some automotive diagnostic and technical information companies and my current job is a lot of dealing with oils, fuels and mechanics of the fleet.
    I was heavy into the performance stuff years ago, so have always had an interest in fuels.
    So this subject is one that has been an ongoing thing for me.
    Ethanol and bio-diesel, synthetic oils and that type of stuff, we've done some heavy research into.
    A ton of oil and fuel analysis and testing. You know, the boring stuff. LOL!
    I'm a numbers type of person. I look for the hard numbers instead of the theories. If that makes sense.
    Makes total sense, I went to school for mechanical engineering, so the hard numbers is how my brain functions on any subject anyways. And sure that testing and research you were referring to May be boring to some and that's fine, but I've always enjoyed learning and figuring things out so I think that's pretty slick ;)

We have got to get together and Herf sometime or at the very least Vherf, think we'd have som fun and fascinating conversations and gear head talk!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    We'd have to get The Monster, Dr. Frank to join us for that as well to be sure. Total gear head conversation lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Makes total sense, I went to school for mechanical engineering, so the hard numbers is how my brain functions on any subject anyways. And sure that testing and research you were referring to May be boring to some and that's fine, but I've always enjoyed learning and figuring things out so I think that's pretty slick ;)

We have got to get together and Herf sometime or at the very least Vherf, think we'd have som fun and fascinating conversations and gear head talk!
    The Vherf thing, I've been interested in doing that. Only problem is I don't have a webcam. I have a headset for voice chat. Not sure if that will work?
    If it will, I'd be up for it, if I'm around when everyone plans on it.

And are you sure you want to get me started on automotive stuff? There is no end to where that could end up. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    New Boots:
    Sorry, I'm fully willing to go full HTML on a thread. Then again, I'm pretty well versed in it
    You're willing to go full Hot. Tamale. Man. Love. On a thread??? Dang you braver than me Boots :)
    Come on over for a herf...I'll show you what I'm capable of!
    Thanks for the offer but I'm good on this one right now lol, not nearly drunk enough to post any other type of comment hahaha
    I was just gonna give you a nice cigar, and make you a drink....yeesh....Nasty! LOL
  • Options
    LOL well that escalated quickly :P
  • Options
    0patience:
    90+ Irishman:

The Vherf thing, I've been interested in doing that. Only problem is I don't have a webcam. I have a headset for voice chat. Not sure if that will work?
    If it will, I'd be up for it, if I'm around when everyone plans on it.

And are you sure you want to get me started on automotive stuff? There is no end to where that could end up. LOL!
    Sounds great Tony, I'm sure an audio chat or even just a phone call would work :) As for getting ya started on automotive jargon speak (lol man I crack myself up) heck yeah man, sounds like a great time to me!!!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Morning Gents.... sorry I got wrapped up in firewood dutys lastnight... i was too tired for a stick or a drink after and went right to bed.
    boy you guys had some fun last night!

Aj
  • Options
    Lol yeah tend to get a bit goofy later on :)
  • Options
    I was reading there on Lucy... Sounds like she had a nice little 350 in there, 450 horse or so you would say?
  • Options
    At the crank maybe but not the rear wheels no. With the first two iterations of engines (not the single plane and FAST ECU) where it ran the TPI, I had it Dyno tuned and ran it at the strip as well. On the Dyno she hit 363 ft-lbs of torque at 3500 rpms and had over 300ft-lbs from 2700 rpms and above. HP was 275 at 4600 rpms. At the track altitude corrected it would run 13.2 seconds but the 60 ft times was the impressive one. On DOT drag radials pulled a 1.868 60 foot time :) She also got 22 mpg on the highway and pulled .90+ G's on the skid pad.... She did it all :)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I've done way too much thread jacking lately with my smartass comments... Time to make a thread dedicated to us smartasses.
    Like I need an invitation.......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    I've done way too much thread jacking lately with my smartass comments... Time to make a thread dedicated to us smartasses.
    Like I need an invitation.......
    LOL true enough John :P
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Jacking a thread is an acceptable thing if a valid point needs to be stated.
    Keep on jacking!
    Pun not intended, by the way.
    :-)
  • Options
    Well Atleast most of you gents are not too upset with our Jack Attack yesterday! I went to bed thinking maybe i had a little too much fun!

Aj
  • Options
    Yeah same, really was a bit embarrassed at how badly I thread jacked that other three lol
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Jacking a thread is an acceptable thing if a valid point needs to be stated.
    Keep on jacking!
    Pun not intended, by the way.
    :-)
    Heh heh......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    More car talk!!!! Moooooore!!!!!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    I pegged the speedo on my '66 stang when I had her. Pegged at 155mph and was still accelerating. :) the the coil wire popped off and my car died. Lmao! The boot was still in place so I spent 30minutes on the side of the highway trying not to murder my car. I was pissed at myself when I figured out what it was.

if I remember right i was racing agains a Panoz Esperante. He could have cleaned my clock but it was nice if him to play along.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I pegged the speedo on my '66 stang when I had her. Pegged at 155mph and was still accelerating. :) the the coil wire popped off and my car died. Lmao! The boot was still in place so I spent 30minutes on the side of the highway trying not to murder my car. I was pissed at myself when I figured out what it was.

if I remember right i was racing agains a Panoz Esperante. He could have cleaned my clock but it was nice if him to play along.
    Way way way Kewl! I love the 66' model year, easily one of the best looking Stangs out there!
  • Options
    The '66 is by far my favorite. Runner up would be the '70 boss 302 or boss 429... Pardon me while i drool.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    The '66 is by far my favorite. Runner up would be the '70 boss 302 or boss 429... Pardon me while i drool.
    '68 fastback for me...love that look.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I would take a fastback in any year up to 1973. :)
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    '70 boss is my favorite. "Settled" for a '69 Mach 1 when I was about 18. Had to sell it in about my mid-20's.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Chevy guy through and through, my best friend that I grew up with sent me this the other day (he's also a Chevy mechanic lol) thought I should pass it on...

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Chevy guy through and through, my best friend that I grew up with sent me this the other day (he's also a Chevy mechanic lol) thought I should pass it on...

Me too! Been working on a 71 Chevelle for a few years now! Just got the 454 back from the shop about a month ago, rebuilt the 400 turbo myself, just gotta pick a torque convertor and drop that baby in! It's slow goin, but I'm hangin in there
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends drive Fords.......
  • Options
    Wow.... Yet another reason to deactivate my account here... Phhhssssssh Chevy people. ;) I was born and raised Ford! Given the chance it's mustangs all the way ! But I will say this... If I had a choice I would take a '55 Chevy 2 door post in a heart beat!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Hemi Cuda......
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

Hey, hasn't he been Chevy's head of design and engineering the past 20 years?