Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    Marker:
    Vince. In your lines you need to put the less than sign above the comma 'br' and finish it with the greater sign above the period.

Hit quote on this post to see how it works.

Great to see you back Vince.
    Ok I hit the Thanks for the info
  • Options
    why didnt the little arrows show up in the text?
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Vince rules.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    why didnt the little arrows show up in the text?
    those arrows indicate computer code. when you put "br" between them it is the code for a line break. you cant see those less than and greater signs here but you can see how the code between them effects the post
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Very nice to see you back on here! I joined during your time away, but have heard a lot about you! Look forward to reading your offerings on Sundays.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Good . Someone else that enjoys a good beer.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Vince, we missed you... Glad all is well with you.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Glad your back buddy and doing well now !!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Hey Vince
    Click the Quote button for this post.
    You will see how it is formatted with paragraph breaks.
    It uses the letters br and the greater-than, less-than symbols.

good luck
    Rick

• Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Stumbled upon this and learned how to breakline, thanx........
  • Options
    ? Good morning it is Sunday, ?18 ?December, ?2011 it has been a small vacation for me , just popping in here & there , had some computer porblems & a few minor health problems , nothing to worry about just nagging little things that tend to piss you off more than anything> > its snowing here in da Burgh , right now you can still see a blade or two of grass sticking up but that will soon be covered >,dammm I have been away from this for so long I am having a brian fart & cant get the words to flow ..... Maybe I need a little more coffee & less single malt scotch at 9 am ............. I do need to get dressed & get out to the Qtr.Deck to turn on the heat . right now its 29F > > breakfast will be a cheese blintz if i ever get arround to to making them, & since its Sunday , there will be a chuck roast some time late afternoon. > > I hope you are all ready for Christmas , I havent shopped for the Boss yet , she shopped for her self & got a 42 inch TV & a TV stand with a built in 23 inch electrict fireplace ,,,, but the stand will not be delivered untill the second week in Jan. 2012.... she didnt want to change the decorations so it is a delayed dilivery , so its the old 27 inch TV for all the tv watching with the new 42 HD TV sill in the BOX >since I am a bit out of practice this will do it for today , OH dammm I did forget that my grandson it getting an award at school, he has no idea about it yet , I got a call for the President of the school board (who is a customer) & from what I am told this is a BIG deal...... I will be cutting out of work Early to see the presentation just before the "winter fest" holiday show, ,,,,,, IF MY evening guy shows up to relieve me ...... I have no idea what the award is or what its for , all i know is I got the call & if my relife is late I will just lock up & go when I need to , he can reopen when he gets there...... this is a cant miss thing.... when i find out what it is i will post it,,,, I guess I should pay attention to the details, all I heard was award , be there & importaint.... OK I can process that , the details just get lost in the space between my ears ! time for more coffee, a little Jingle Java a blend of light & very dark roast Sumatra, , medium roast malibar, slightly toasted columbian & just a touch of pappa mali & a pinch of smoked Columbian , a gift from a ? Friend? , smell like Hickory smoke , hey what ever , I try anything ( well almost anything ) one time, who know sEnjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Dammm I put in the little arrows & it still gave me one big paragraph.... Bullshit... just look for the long ..................... or __________________ maybe ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~, , what ever.... vince
  • Options
    less than symbol, followed by the 2 letters "b" and "r", followed by the greater than symbol.
    Hit the quote button on this post, Vince.
    It will show the line break br commands and you'll understand.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    less than symbol, followed by the 2 letters "b" and "r", followed by the greater than symbol.
    Hit the quote button on this post, Vince.
    It will show the line break br commands and you'll understand.
    Ok like this
    , is that at the top & at the end of the paragraph, & why dont I need to do that on other sites?
    when i put it on word pad I indent & use the standard font I have set up in my computer , it is Talahoma bold & italic, green ink, but when I post it I get a different font & color, when I trpe directly on the page to post here I indent make spaces & it still prints it in one mass, I thought it was just to save space.... but what do i know anout anything , other than coffee, cigars, food & single malt scotch.
    thanks for the help, Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    dammmm it worked!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Great Job Vince.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Good to see ya back, Vince!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    YES. LOL. Go ahead and type on your word program as you always do. Make your paragraphs, etc. Then copy and paste in Ccom site, type the br command once, copy it, and then just paste it where you want your breaks.
    We all agree, and have been on Ccom to change their software, but certain forces are pushing back.
  • Options
    WHERE IS VINCE ??? Have we lost him from the forum for good ?

I hope not , I really enjoyed reading his Sunday morning post and miss it .

Vince , we miss you brother , come back if you can ...
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I think he stole our ladies and they're all laying on a sunny beach somewhere drinking grog!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I miss Vince!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I miss Vince!

+ 100
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I miss Vince's updates :(
  • Options
    I still miss Vince's updates :(
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No formatting, random caps....heck yes! ;)
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Vince:
    SUCKS CUT SHOVEL & RAKE. RIPE OLD 'SPENCIVE RED PEPPER. NO FREE "LOOK!" COMPLAIN AROMA, CIGAR SHOP AROMA , GIVE ME A GUN !!!!! NOT POSTING DUMB OLD BIRTHDAY OF THE USA, BUT I AM A COFFEE , SEE YOU IN VEGAS.
    See? There's a hidden message in all the caps. It's not at all random. (some punctuation added)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    I saw his posts on another forum recently. Still drinking Kona coffee, smoking on the quarter deck and driving cars with never-ending problems.
  • Options
    Well, good to know he's still kicking around.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    +1, I was only having a little fun, no disrespect
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    xmacro:
    +1, I was only having a little fun, no disrespect
    Oh none taken; I was responding to Beatnic, I honestly didn't even understand what you were getting at Stick out tongue [:P]