Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Bump
    Has anyone heard from Vince? Wondering if he's doing well and I miss reading his Sunday morning read.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I do too. I have not seen him in a LONG time.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he still manages a B&M
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golly and gee willikers........I just read this entire thread....and I'm tired.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    ? Good morning it is Sunday, ?18 ?December, ?2011 it has been a small vacation for me , just popping in here & there , had some computer porblems & a few minor health problems , nothing to worry about just nagging little things that tend to piss you off more than anything> > its snowing here in da Burgh , right now you can still see a blade or two of grass sticking up but that will soon be covered >,dammm I have been away from this for so long I am having a brian fart & cant get the words to flow ..... Maybe I need a little more coffee & less single malt scotch at 9 am ............. I do need to get dressed & get out to the Qtr.Deck to turn on the heat . right now its 29F > > breakfast will be a cheese blintz if i ever get arround to to making them, & since its Sunday , there will be a chuck roast some time late afternoon. > > I hope you are all ready for Christmas , I havent shopped for the Boss yet , she shopped for her self & got a 42 inch TV & a TV stand with a built in 23 inch electrict fireplace ,,,, but the stand will not be delivered untill the second week in Jan. 2012.... she didnt want to change the decorations so it is a delayed dilivery , so its the old 27 inch TV for all the tv watching with the new 42 HD TV sill in the BOX >since I am a bit out of practice this will do it for today , OH dammm I did forget that my grandson it getting an award at school, he has no idea about it yet , I got a call for the President of the school board (who is a customer) & from what I am told this is a BIG deal...... I will be cutting out of work Early to see the presentation just before the "winter fest" holiday show, ,,,,,, IF MY evening guy shows up to relieve me ...... I have no idea what the award is or what its for , all i know is I got the call & if my relife is late I will just lock up & go when I need to , he can reopen when he gets there...... this is a cant miss thing.... when i find out what it is i will post it,,,, I guess I should pay attention to the details, all I heard was award , be there & importaint.... OK I can process that , the details just get lost in the space between my ears ! time for more coffee, a little Jingle Java a blend of light & very dark roast Sumatra, , medium roast malibar, slightly toasted columbian & just a touch of pappa mali & a pinch of smoked Columbian , a gift from a ? Friend? , smell like Hickory smoke , hey what ever , I try anything ( well almost anything ) one time, who know sEnjoy, Vince
    Vince.. I'm bumping your old thread to the top and hoping you show up a little more often.. I see you did a quick "drive by" last weekend.. Don't be such a stranger. You were a great source of entertainment and enlightenment every Sunday Morning. I hope you are in good health. A lot of the folks here now are newer members who never had the chance to know you. Visit more often and meet this new group of great gentlemen and ladies.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Vince O:
    ? Good morning it is Sunday, ?18 ?December, ?2011 it has been a small vacation for me , just popping in here & there , had some computer porblems & a few minor health problems , nothing to worry about just nagging little things that tend to piss you off more than anything> > its snowing here in da Burgh , right now you can still see a blade or two of grass sticking up but that will soon be covered >,dammm I have been away from this for so long I am having a brian fart & cant get the words to flow ..... Maybe I need a little more coffee & less single malt scotch at 9 am ............. I do need to get dressed & get out to the Qtr.Deck to turn on the heat . right now its 29F > > breakfast will be a cheese blintz if i ever get arround to to making them, & since its Sunday , there will be a chuck roast some time late afternoon. > > I hope you are all ready for Christmas , I havent shopped for the Boss yet , she shopped for her self & got a 42 inch TV & a TV stand with a built in 23 inch electrict fireplace ,,,, but the stand will not be delivered untill the second week in Jan. 2012.... she didnt want to change the decorations so it is a delayed dilivery , so its the old 27 inch TV for all the tv watching with the new 42 HD TV sill in the BOX >since I am a bit out of practice this will do it for today , OH dammm I did forget that my grandson it getting an award at school, he has no idea about it yet , I got a call for the President of the school board (who is a customer) & from what I am told this is a BIG deal...... I will be cutting out of work Early to see the presentation just before the "winter fest" holiday show, ,,,,,, IF MY evening guy shows up to relieve me ...... I have no idea what the award is or what its for , all i know is I got the call & if my relife is late I will just lock up & go when I need to , he can reopen when he gets there...... this is a cant miss thing.... when i find out what it is i will post it,,,, I guess I should pay attention to the details, all I heard was award , be there & importaint.... OK I can process that , the details just get lost in the space between my ears ! time for more coffee, a little Jingle Java a blend of light & very dark roast Sumatra, , medium roast malibar, slightly toasted columbian & just a touch of pappa mali & a pinch of smoked Columbian , a gift from a ? Friend? , smell like Hickory smoke , hey what ever , I try anything ( well almost anything ) one time, who know sEnjoy, Vince
    Vince.. I'm bumping your old thread to the top and hoping you show up a little more often.. I see you did a quick "drive by" last weekend.. Don't be such a stranger. You were a great source of entertainment and enlightenment every Sunday Morning. I hope you are in good health. A lot of the folks here now are newer members who never had the chance to know you. Visit more often and meet this new group of great gentlemen and ladies.
    +1. Thanks for the bump Tony. Reading these posts were always a pleasure of mine.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, I was REALLY surprised to see this as a Live thread again, only to see it was just a bump. Would love to see Vince pop in again - really loved reading these updates.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another BOTL from da Burgh?? Hope you decide to re-surface, Vince! Would love to see a fellow Yinzer on the forum!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Hays:
    Man, I was REALLY surprised to see this as a Live thread again, only to see it was just a bump. Would love to see Vince pop in again - really loved reading these updates.
    Actually Vince DID post here a couple of days ago in the What are you smoking Today thread.. I know he must be checking in and I just hoped to catch his attention.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Hays:
    Actually Vince DID post here a couple of days ago in the What are you smoking Today thread.. I know he must be checking in and I just hoped to catch his attention.
    Yea I saw that too! I too enjoyed reading his Sun Morn posts...Maybe we'll hear from him this Sun!!!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to try and reach out, he works at King Beaver cigars in Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    If anyone wants to try and reach out, he works at King Beaver cigars in Pittsburgh.
    That's a bit of a hike from where I live, but next time I'm up that way I'll definitely stop by and introduce myself.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:

Are you sure? Because I just looked at his profile page and it says he last visited/posted on 8/28/2011. Which one of those "What are you smoking" threads are you referring to? It seems like there's one for every imaginable daily time segment - morning, afternoon, a week from Tuesday, etc. LOL

Is it possible he logged in and posted under a different name but signed it 'Vince'?
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    kaspera79:

Are you sure? Because I just looked at his profile page and it says he last visited/posted on 8/28/2011. Which one of those "What are you smoking" threads are you referring to? It seems like there's one for every imaginable daily time segment - morning, afternoon, a week from Tuesday, etc. LOL

Is it possible he logged in and posted under a different name but signed it 'Vince'?
    Under the " ... This Morning " Thread 12/28/14
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    jlmarta:
    kaspera79:

Under the " ... This Morning " Thread 12/28/14

AHA!! I see what's happening here. Good ol' Vince evidently has TWO sign-ins. If you do a member search for 'Vince' you get a profile page that says he last visited/posted in August, 2011. If you do a member search for "Vince O" you get one that shows his last visit/post was on 12/28/14. Sneaky business afoot here, methinks. Naw, just kidding. Still, it'd be good to hear from the rascal.... ??
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    it has been a long time but I just found this thread , I had some computer problems & lost a lot of my links , forgot a few , but I happened appon this with a search, dammm , well I have retired from king Beaver cigars, sitting at home with the wife driving each other NUTS , way to much time together , I am getting a lot of time in the Qtr.deck with a few sticks and a lot of scotch, coffee and Jazz on the CD player, the grandsons are now 19 & 21 both doing well the wife is sick with the flu for 3 weeks now, we both got the shots in september , so who knows whats up with that , should have been better 2 weeks ago,  we have had 2 trips to the doc, 5 different percriptions  chest  x ray & blood work, still no better , she goes back thursday if there is no change ,  thats a quick update , maybe I will remember next sunday 
     Enjoy, Vince 
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers up for your wife, Vince. I hope she starts feeling better!
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    Thanks, its getting to be a real pain on Both of us  , needless to say she is in a MOOD , and its not a great one, I cant smoke in my car when she is with me , I never smoke in her car, I need a break from taking care of her today , so I am heading to my brothers place for a smoke and a scotch Enjoy, Vince 
  • Options
    Absolutely!!  Prayers for both of you. We wish you well and hope to see you around these parts more in the near future. 

We miss your cranky old self, Bro....  B)
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back... hope she feels better
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you back!! Hope everyone gets healthy soon.
  • Options
    ZuluEchoPapaZuluEchoPapa Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Prayers for you both. I hope she gets better soon.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hi Vince - nice to see your voice. Getting old sucks. I wish your wife a quick recovery. It's amazing how fast time moves especially when measured against children or Grandchildren. I miss with unbelievable heartbreak your Sunday post, speciously your description of family, detailed dinner menu you were preparing and of course what cigar you were going to smoke. Possibly you do not realize how influential you are to us guys and gals, but trust me, many of us hung on every word of your Sunday post. At least I did. Please don't be a stranger. Mike.  Go Navy!   
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been viewing this thread, @Vince_O I hope to read your posts in the future .  prayers for you and your wife.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love to see the former members return. 

I tried to contact Kaspera last year, but nothing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain