Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Vince I think you could have fun anywhere ...sounds great man...
    I do have fun EVERY Place I go, Funerals included ! hahaha
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    gmill880:
    You must be one of the beneficiaries. That could make a man smile through his tears..
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Vince O:
    gmill880:
    You must be one of the beneficiaries. That could make a man smile through his tears..

You are an evil man Kas LMAO
  • Options
    Good morning it is Sunday 24th of May, a warm & humid Memorial day weekend , & to celebrate Memorial day I will be broadcasting on 1460 WMBA, Ambridge Pa & 1320 WBVP , Beaver falls Pa from 6 AM to 10 AM on Monday, we do not have internet broadcasting yet, both stations are owned by the same guy & studios are across the hall from each other so broadcasing on both is as simple as turning a switch , Bingo your on both stations at the same time , Garry west the stations Program manager wanted to take the day off so I said Sure I will be glad to fill in anytime, well this is anytime so I will be up at 5 am & on the air at 6 ................ I have a lot of Patrotic music , & poetry , all rolled in the smoke of a fine cigar , OHHHH DAMMM cant smoke in the studio , oh well I guess I can hold off a few hours hahahaha , if your up give me a call on air at 724 774-1888 , Please NO profanity , I dont want to hang up on anyone ............. BUT I will. Breakfast this morning was buttermilk pancakes with bananas & black berrys , a pot of kona & a Don Carlos #3 , I have switched to a pot of moca Java , & a Bahia maduro Churchill, , & I have a masterpiece all set aside for the smoke After the London Broil I have sitting in a marinade in the fridge & it will be going on the grill when I get home from Star trek movie this afternoon, Beam me Up Scotty ! the shop has been a little busy this week, a good thing as i was getting a little worried about the down turn in daily sales , but now theweather has warmed up & the golfers are out the sales have gone up a little but near what we did last year, , (Note to self, write to congress & complain AGAIN about the cigar tax, the whisky tax & anything else I can find to *** about ! )Oh yea & ask for bail out money hahahaha the grandsons are getting on my nerves, the big one is ragging on the little one the little one get pissed & punches the big one he crys , He hit me, well let the kid alone & dont pick on him & he will not hit you , yes he will, no I will not , & it goes on & on , so one sits up front with me & one in the back with Barb, , then they argus who will sit up front, so one sitsd up front going & the other up front comming back, dammmmmm it is getting to me a bit , the nerves are shot ! the Western Pa. Cigar crawl is in the record book, , the debochery has been recorded & all arrests , & fines, jail time is all over with, Cant WAIT till next year ! , check it out at www.cigarcrawl.com maybe YOU can join us next year ! , a week later & I am still in Detox ! BUT it was FUN !!!! , The boss got a new vacume sweeper last night so i will be putting it together for her soon, , the instruction book said I needed a screwdriver to put it together, , Dammmm I hope I can find one hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Vince O:
    Good morning it is Sunday 24th of May, a warm & humid Memorial day weekend , & to celebrate Memorial day I will be broadcasting on 1460 WMBA, Ambridge Pa & 1320 WBVP , Beaver falls Pa from 6 AM to 10 AM on Monday, we do not have internet broadcasting yet, both stations are owned by the same guy & studios are across the hall from each other so broadcasing on both is as simple as turning a switch , Bingo your on both stations at the same time , Garry west the stations Program manager wanted to take the day off so I said Sure I will be glad to fill in anytime, well this is anytime so I will be up at 5 am & on the air at 6 ................ I have a lot of Patrotic music , & poetry , all rolled in the smoke of a fine cigar , OHHHH DAMMM cant smoke in the studio , oh well I guess I can hold off a few hours hahahaha , if your up give me a call on air at 724 774-1888 , Please NO profanity , I dont want to hang up on anyone ............. BUT I will. Breakfast this morning was buttermilk pancakes with bananas & black berrys , a pot of kona & a Don Carlos #3 , I have switched to a pot of moca Java , & a Bahia maduro Churchill, , & I have a masterpiece all set aside for the smoke After the London Broil I have sitting in a marinade in the fridge & it will be going on the grill when I get home from Star trek movie this afternoon, Beam me Up Scotty ! the shop has been a little busy this week, a good thing as i was getting a little worried about the down turn in daily sales , but now theweather has warmed up & the golfers are out the sales have gone up a little but near what we did last year, , (Note to self, write to congress & complain AGAIN about the cigar tax, the whisky tax & anything else I can find to *** about ! )Oh yea & ask for bail out money hahahaha the grandsons are getting on my nerves, the big one is ragging on the little one the little one get pissed & punches the big one he crys , He hit me, well let the kid alone & dont pick on him & he will not hit you , yes he will, no I will not , & it goes on & on , so one sits up front with me & one in the back with Barb, , then they argus who will sit up front, so one sitsd up front going & the other up front comming back, dammmmmm it is getting to me a bit , the nerves are shot ! the Western Pa. Cigar crawl is in the record book, , the debochery has been recorded & all arrests , & fines, jail time is all over with, Cant WAIT till next year ! , check it out at www.cigarcrawl.com maybe YOU can join us next year ! , a week later & I am still in Detox ! BUT it was FUN !!!! , The boss got a new vacume sweeper last night so i will be putting it together for her soon, , the instruction book said I needed a screwdriver to put it together, , Dammmm I hope I can find one hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince

Tell her screwdrivers are a seasonal item -----fall----hahahahah
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday , MAY 31 ,2009 , the last day of Mayhere in 2009 , a cool & rainfilled week here in da burgh , BUT Hocky istill alive , Pens lost last night in the Motor city 3-1 , in the fisrt game of the stanly cop Finals , Hockey in JUNE??? , baseball , football ,hockey basketball, rugby, Skeet, & Trap, Boxing,soccor,auto racing, golf & bowling , Hunting & fishing, all Competive sports of such, now there is a Pro circut for Competive eating, dammmm where was I before the Gastric by pass???? I have put away my share of Nathans hotdogs when we were in NYC on Vacation a few years back, BUT I have no thoughts of eating upwards of 50 dogs in the short time allowed for the compitition, , dammmmm I could have been a contender hahahaha well we started out the day a little later than planed , the PORK roast is defrosting , YES PORK , I talked her into a hunk of Pulled pork today not her standard POTROAST , so it will get the "treatment " soon, & be in the oven , "Pulling the pork"will happen some time this afternoon, If I can get her away from the sunday paper hahahaha , if not I have a Masterpiece in the humi with my name on it , looks like I will be smoking it rather than "pulling the pork " with the wife hahahaha , her comment was , your to old well it was just a thought anyhow ! I pulled out the sunday paper & there is a story about the school district merger in Monaca ( the shop is on Penna. Ave in Down town Monaca ) & Center Twp, the residential /Farm area arround the town , well Center Twp has a 1% mercantile tax , Monaca has NONE , well the people of center want to add all the business's in Monaca to the tax , & the mercantile tax has been rulled illeagle by the state coart , BUT Center twp was grandfathered in to let it stand, well now thay want to include us in the tax after the state court said no more mercantile tax in the state but we will let stand what is in place right now, , & since the school board in Center is the BIG money behind the merger into the new district they want to control the shots, taxes 7 run the new board, well a few who are from the orginal Monaca school board are up in arms about it & there is a LOVE /hate , relationship between them, this merger should have happened years ago but the people in power didnt want to give it up, , its still the same , , the boards just cant get along , , kind of like the congress ! BUT I am getting away from the story on the paper & the tax, , , , it seams as the local news paper sent a potographer into town for some photos, Low & behold , there we are on the front page , , taken from a distance mind you, but the Stars & Strips , POW & USN Flags are standing proud in front of the shop as I am sitting in a lawn chir talking to a few customers outside , puffing a Don Gonzalezes Maduro Churchill, sipping coffee & passing away the time with TONS of B.S. hahahaha just like any other day ....... Last night we went to listen to a bunch of Student mucic performances , the Number 2 grandson has been playing the electric 6 string "GEETAR" so last night he had his " debute" in a bar with his teacher & a few other students, now the kid is only 11 & has been 'playing for a few months , but he was a dancer before this 7 his older brother has been playing Piano for about 7 years now & he has been paying close attention to the music & picking up bits & pieces over the time & , last night Page & Plant would have been Proud of the "Lead" this Kid pumped out , the songs were popular about the time his Mother was born hahahaha , so now we have a Piano & Guitar , anyone play base or drums? hahaha , Glad I got rid of the banjo or they might have forced me to learn to play that thing, Hummmm maybe I should take up the bagpipes, No chance of that getting into a rock band hahahahaha ...................... One of my Favorite "cheep "single malts a 10 YO called Spayburn is being discontinued by the Pa. state run , monopoly no nothing , not caring over priced under educated, "STATE " employees , well for years it has bennin the 25 dollar range & the price jumped a little while back , but it was still a bargain at the new price , IMHO anyhow, well the sales declined & now all stock is being sold out at 15 BUCKS a bottle, , I gave my brother in law 45 bucks & had him pick me up 3 from the shop he works near, & I went on a tour of the county & bought up all I could afford , Now I have a small storage space problem , BUT I will be sipping single malt for a long time to come hahaha .............. Coffee this morning was a fine pot of fresh ground Kona made in the press pot, with a little distraction it brewed a few minutes longer than the normal 3/3.5 minutes , more like 20/25 today, BUT it was still GOOD, a little cooler than I like it , BUT I did get the newspaper way from the wife for a few minutes hahahahaha ............. I was back on the radio last Monday , did ther Memorial day fill in spot from 6 am till 10 am , had a lot of Fun, talked to a few nice old friends & a few new friends & of couse the OLD CRABS that will always be there !! The Cigar crawl is a blur in my mind, check out the photos at www.cigarcrawl.com , maybe you can join in next time ! ..... if you dare, remember its a weekend of smoking drinking & eating , if you cant run with the big dogs , you better stay on the porch ............ Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good Morning it is Sunday 7 June 2009 ,a GRAND day here in da Burgh, , the weather is PERRRRFICT , I dont want any mental pictures forming to gross anyone out But I am sitting her at the computer with a cup of kona & in my BVD'S & a big smile , ahhhh its comfy ......., I dont have much planed for today other than getting out the hammoc & Enjoying a few cigars & sipping a lot of coffee & single malt whisky , & speaking of whisky , I have been all over the place visiting a lot of the state run , poor service no nothingstock boys who are STATE retirement employees, & could care less about the customers BUT want to be coddled by the state retirement board, yea Vince tell us what you think about the Pa. wine & spirits shops , well these BOZO's have decided to stop stocking my go to LOW PRICE single malt , No more Spayburn, 10 Y.O. , a nice highland malt with a touch of heather in it , Not the Flavor profile of the Laugavulin I love , but at the DIFFERENCE of 50 Bucks a Bottle ( 25 VS 75 ) , I will take 3 Spayburns to work for the Moochers & leave the Good stuff at home for the moochers who just happen to stop buy with a cigar or 2 for me ! so Now i need to start to check out all the scotches all over again to find a cost effective alternative to the Spayburn, Dammmm this research is tuff on the liver & the wallet hahahaha Locally the little town of Rochester Pa , ( just accross the river from Monaca ) & between Freedom & Bridgewater , if you have the energy to look it up on a map, well the center of town has a Strange intersection with a BUNCH of different roads comming in at different angles & none hitting the intersection at the same crossing points so it is a mess with traffic lights & some times it will take 2 entire minutes to get a green light on the main street , well the county transit athority has a great idea to put in a traffic circle , allowing only right turns , you just drive into the loop & get off when your at the street you want , with out ever stopping, $1.8 MILLION , for the project, ( now this is before Cost over runs & all the graft & payoffs are made to the land owners, politicl bosses & unions , so who knows what the final cost will be just because some one's wife was late for her hair appointment ( geee its great to be married to some one with pull that can spend the taxpayers hard earned money to save 2 DAMMMMM minutes at a red light , feeding at the public trough is getting costly to us who fill it ............. , I had a letter to the editor published in this morning's Beaver County Times I dont know what is worse, the payoffs to the polititions or the money we spend on wellfair ...... Get a Frigging Job you lazy Bums ( this is directed at the political establishment ) as for the wellfair people , dammm its tuff out there the polititions have screwd up almost everything , but you second & third generation of living on wellfair & public assistance,with bling arround you neck, driving a benz & & having a cell phone along with your food stamps, well people the time has come for your LAZY @$$ to get a JOB also , dammm I was in a great mood when I got up this morning, must have been that dammmm Patragas Series D #4 I had first thing this morning instead of my regular Don Carols #3 ....... hahahahahaha Breakfast this morning was wonderfull, , , , grilled english muffin , covered in melted swiss chees topped with tomato, bacon & a fryed egg, & all that covered with a Red bell pepper relish , Heaven on a plate , next time Just a touch more hot peppers in the mix ........ the woodchucks AKA ( groundhogs ), chipmunks, rabbits, squerrels ( rats with furry tails ) are all over the back yard this morning, the bird feeder is drawing a ton of visitors & DAMMMM the wild bird seed is killing the cash flow, looks like the birds & wild life are going to get off the public assistance & have to Find JOBS to get there OWN food .................. I switched to a pot of moca java , the kona was grand but over powered by the partagas, as wll as the Moca jave being over powered by the same cigar , but I have a white lable monte ready for after lunch & the moca java will be fine with it , I just wonder if I will be able to taste it after the Partagas .................... we had a great week at the shop, got in a few new sticks , the Rocky Patel spring line with Pa. Tobacco in the blend is selling well, I did ENJOY ye ole Winter blend, that DARK wrapper with the bright band, it was a real smoke ! , the nice green band on the spring line is Ok, but not as Stunning on the Eye as the winer blend. I have a pair of rib steaks in a light minarade that will be hitting the grill some time this after noon, , No pot roast this sunday * (DAMMM thats 2 weeks in a row) , but we are back to beef, I will also roast a few ears of corn on the grill & have a little of the red pepper relish mixed in the butter for the corn, YUMMMMMMMY School out for the summer, the grandson s are happy & sad, all at the same time, dammmm how could that be , happy that school is out I understand, but sad , Dammmmm i guess its a communication thing, they cant talk face to face , dammm they dont do it now , with twittering & Texting , My grandsons are in the same room & dont speak directly to each other, unless its on the cell phone text. , well our parents didnt understand us, so why do we think we would be any different ! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading at "BVDs"

...i work with few people that HAVE jobs (obviously) AND they get welfare/foodstamps. those guys are the worst. I hate to work with them. they usually last less than 3 months. every single one was morbidly obese, annoying, overbearing, presumptuous, had no qualms about asking for freebies, no clue when it comes to etiquette or other social mores, and would not understand the vast majority of the vocabulary used in this sentence. I have very little sympathy for them or their situation.
    im a jerk. who knew?

• Options
    Not a jerk to me , I have no problem letting them DIE in thier own vomit, , getting high, causing trouble & living off the hard working people of this once great country, I have worked 2 or 3 jobs all my life, now when I want to retire i find I need to continue working to allow my self the "good" things in life like 75 bucks a bottle single malt schotch, Not the 2 buck chuck wine , a bottle will last me about 6 weeks , not 6 hours , they spend more on the cheep wine than i do on the expencive scotch, if you look at money spent in a year, , I like GREAT cigars not the swishers or Blunts , so I spend 10 bucks for a stick so what I worked for it !, these BUMs dont have the faintest idea what its like to meet a payrool or stand on the line in a 3 star kitchen, serving 150/175 covers per night PLUS banquits with checks in the 3000 & 4000 range, and MORE , there is a BIG difference in the clients, the BUMS have No idea or would want to be in charge of a million dollar + business , granted the Cigar shop is far from that but back inn the day , when I was a chef I saw numbers like that , glad to be out of it now, just way to hard for an OLDMAN like my self, granted I have lost over 200 pounds & am in better shape now than i was , but dammmmm the stress is GONE , No Kuzi I dont think your a jerk, your an American who is FED up with the slackers in our midst
  • Options
    Vince O:
    Not a jerk to me , I have no problem letting them DIE in thier own vomit, , getting high, causing trouble & living off the hard working people of this once great country, I have worked 2 or 3 jobs all my life, now when I want to retire i find I need to continue working to allow my self the "good" things in life like 75 bucks a bottle single malt schotch, Not the 2 buck chuck wine , a bottle will last me about 6 weeks , not 6 hours , they spend more on the cheep wine than i do on the expencive scotch, if you look at money spent in a year, , I like GREAT cigars not the swishers or Blunts , so I spend 10 bucks for a stick so what I worked for it !, these BUMs dont have the faintest idea what its like to meet a payrool or stand on the line in a 3 star kitchen, serving 150/175 covers per night PLUS banquits with checks in the 3000 & 4000 range, and MORE , there is a BIG difference in the clients, the BUMS have No idea or would want to be in charge of a million dollar + business , granted the Cigar shop is far from that but back inn the day , when I was a chef I saw numbers like that , glad to be out of it now, just way to hard for an OLDMAN like my self, granted I have lost over 200 pounds & am in better shape now than i was , but dammmmm the stress is GONE , No Kuzi I dont think your a jerk, your an American who is FED up with the slackers in our midst

I am raising a glass of wine to this ...how sad our state of abuse by slackers has made the term welfare a negative ...it sure is not the safty net for hard working hard trying men and women it was intended for ...what a damn shame ...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Vince O:

I am raising a glass of wine to this ...how sad our state of abuse by slackers has made the term welfare a negative ...it sure is not the safty net for hard working hard trying men and women it was intended for ...what a damn shame ...
    Man, any excuse to sip some wine, huh Geno? Just kidding pal. I'd agree with these points to a degree. But I think on these types of posts we fall victim to hyperbole sometimes. There are egregious examples of people who abuse the welfare system and it's probably a fair amount of them. And a fair amount of slackers. But it ain't everybody...a welfare system with tight and reasonable controls is necessary. Not everybody is abusing the system, some people are trying like hell to feed their kids for whatever reason (sometimes beyond their control) just can't for the moment.
  • Options
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Vince O:

Man, any excuse to sip some wine, huh Geno? Just kidding pal. I'd agree with these points to a degree. But I think on these types of posts we fall victim to hyperbole sometimes. There are egregious examples of people who abuse the welfare system and it's probably a fair amount of them. And a fair amount of slackers. But it ain't everybody...a welfare system with tight and reasonable controls is necessary. Not everybody is abusing the system, some people are trying like hell to feed their kids for whatever reason (sometimes beyond their control) just can't for the moment.

I agree Luko (especially about the wine haha) About not everyone is abusing the system ...Thats my point that some people really need this help to get back on their feet but are made too feel like second class citizens because of the slackers and others and that is wrong ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Vince O:

I agree Luko (especially about the wine haha) About not everyone is abusing the system ...Thats my point that some people really need this help to get back on their feet but are made too feel like second class citizens because of the slackers and others and that is wrong ...
    Yep, what I was trying to say, just not as succinctly. I've known a few families on welfare throughout my years and all the ones I knew were comprised of good, decent people in difficult situations that were (partially) not of their own doing. Without this system, they would have been out in the cold.
  • Options
    I agree there are some people who loose a job & need a little help till the next job comes along, what Ticks me off are then 2nd, 3rd, & 4th GENERATIONS living off the system & NO ONE HAS EVER HAD A JOB.
  • Options
    Vince O:
    I agree there are some people who loose a job & need a little help till the next job comes along, what Ticks me off are then 2nd, 3rd, & 4th GENERATIONS living off the system & NO ONE HAS EVER HAD A JOB.
    Yeah, a fair amount of em learn to work the system and it's disgusting. The system needs to be designed to - as best as possible - prevent that kind of stuff from happening. But these knuckleheads who can't find a job are at least smart enough to defraud us!
  • Options
    Good Morning , it is Sunday 14 June 2009, a Fantastic morning here in da Burgh, the temp is cool the wind is light the sky is blue & the grass is green, , what more could you ask for ? , Breakfast is over, we had a 3 cheese omlet with a side of bacon, a pot of kona which has been replaced with a pot of Moca java, I have found that the moica java tastes better when you have the kona first, sort of opens up the taste buds & wakes you up, ...... the first cigar as per usual was the don carlos #3 , soon to be Fallowed by (just to compair) a GOD OF FIRE , , I have a great day of cigars planned for today, after the GOF I have a 92 vintage Rocky Patel "A" size that a buddy sent me a box of for Christmas , it is the LAST one in the box , hey I made it 6 months , with out smoking them ALL , I am using the box as a lap dask to do my caligraphy practice on, , got to get the hand & eye along with the brain to start working together, , hahahah yea like the brain ever did work hahahah after that I have no idea what is in store for the taste buds , what ever it is I am grilling a few rib steaks today , ***3 weeks in a row, NO POT ROAST ***** but now I think she might be hooked on a Sunday rib steak, well what ever makes her happy, 39 years this August, no reason to through in the towl now hahahahaha I spend last evening working at the radio station in Beaver Falls , Pa 15010, 1230 WBVP & 1460 WMBA out of Ambridge Pa , same programing on both stations at the same time , there was a car cruise & over 1800 cars trucks, quads, choppers ,dirt bikes & one motorized bar stoll were prowling the streets of the city, it was a GREAT time Last friday night we had a Bagpiper playing at the shop, , in full kilt & all, dammm I know why they walk when they play, its hard to hit a moving target ! , so we "ENJOYED" if thats what you want to call it the music ( if thats what you want to call it ) hahaha , But we did enjoy a bottle of Scotlands finest LOW PRICE 10 Y.O . Single malt , Spayburn, & about a QTR. bottle of 16 Y.O. Laugavulin ( I drank it myself, didnt share it , cheep *** that I am ) , I think there was a hocky game that night some thing about the Stanley Cup & the team from Pittsburgh beating the redwings on there home ice , just like they did here in da burgh last hockey season, But I am not much of a sports fan when I can have a fine cigar a pot of coffee & a snifter of goooooooood Whisky & a little music I am one happy camper ..... I have a few errands to take care of, I hit the lottery for 3 Bucks , so I need to go cash in my winning ticket & spend my additional 12 bucks on this weeks loosers ( 15 bucks a week is what I play,) & its different numers each day, I should play the same numbers every day , but there are so many numers to play hahahaha thats why its called gambling, If I hit , well GREAT , if not, no big deal ....... the grandsons are out of school for the summer, all ready getting on there mothers last nerve , ahhhh yes payback time for her, as she did the same thing to me that I did to my parents it all comes full circle ! well I have a lot of cigars to smoke, coffee to drink, scotch to swill & music to listen to & I cant do any of it when i am on this Dammmmmm computer ! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 21 June,2009 , Fathers day & the First day of summer for 2009 , Fathers day you say when is fathers day , well its 9 months BEFORE mothers day hahahaha & I was suprised this morning with a 15 cigar sampler pack from my wife , No word or call from our daughter as yet, BUT I did spend the day with the #2 Grandsonyesterday, since they are 11 & 13 they need one on one time , cant do with the fighting & bickering between them on my own, so we drew cards & the little one won this week & now they will alternate , Much easyer on my nerves & wallet to take them out one at a time, No Competition one on one time with the grandsons. Breakfast this morning was a grilled in butter sweet roll, with cheese, bacon & egg with a sliced tomato , a little peanut butter filled chocolate cake to be washed down with the Sunday morning kona ,,,,,,,,,, cant get much better than this, BUT one of my @$$HOLE neibhors is cutting his grass this morning , I havent ventured out to see what dim wit it is but dammmmm its fathers day , let the grass grow an entire day on its own, get the kids to cut it , hire a lawn service , get the wife to cut it , BUT DONT cut it yourself on Fathers day , Dammmmmm ! I have Stuffed Poerk chops on the menu for today, No I am not cooking , I called the local Catering company to see what the guys were making for anything going on today , there are 2 graduation partys & a few wedding showers that they are setting up for , on the menu for one of the jobs was stuffed Pork chops , So I got them to set 2 aside for me & I will pick them up at 4 PM ,,, Professional Curticy, dammmm it dont get much better than this, , we trade a few cigars & Bingo EVERYONE is happy, his orginal customer pays for my chops & the manufacture pays for his cigars , a win win for both of US , hahaha , The weather is wonderful today , I am sitting here in my shorts with the fan running , no a/c today it is a bit breasy but the sky is Blue & there are a few puffy clouds , looks like it is going to be a great day for sitting on the back deck , watching the birds & other WILD Life while smoking cigars , sipping scotch & drinking coffee, & speaking of Scotch the state of Pa. who is the wholesaler & RETAILER of distilled spirits & wine in the state has Discontuned a few of MY Favorite single malts Dammm B@$T@RD$, well they did bring in a new one a 12 YO highland, lightly peated called Tomatin, well I picked up a bottle last night & it had a slight green cast to the whisky , well I pulled the cork & got a fair aroma of the highlands , poured a weeee dram in my nosing glass, 7 proceeded to look , smell 7 tate this new brand to me , , nice light aroma, you can ALLMOST smell the heather but it just isnt there , the whisky itself has a sharp sweet taste with a good deal of BURN not at all what I had hped for , so if you see any Speyburn 10 YO Single malt , grab your self a bottle , under 30 bucks its a STEAL ,how ever the Tomatin, , its going to go to work for the Moochers to finish ...... the sop was a mix of good days & bad, we Finally got our order of San Cristobals , dammm I enjoy that one a lot, , now I need to get a few things I have run out of , not paying attention to the understock, & I am out of some thing , dammm gotta pay attention to the small stuff like that, BUT its been so nice out & I have been sitting in the lawn chair OUTSIDE the shop right on the sidewalk , enjoying a cigar & a cup of coffee corrected with a little scotch of course & B.S.ing to the people walking up & down the street, , blowing smoke at the cars as they drive by inviting everyone one in for coffee & selling them a cigar to go with the "free" coffee hahahahaha , so if I have to loosen up the purse string with a little coffee with a few shots of scotch in it , by the time they leave, they feel good & I made a little income, charge the whisky off to the advertising budget & consume the rest my self, dammmm what a country ,,,,, but for how long I have no idea, I just found out the BIG reason the big banks & insurance companys got the BIG bail outs, it was told to me that IGA was the manager of the fed retirement account, see if some thing happens to There money they FIX it right away, lets get them into OUR retirment program, & FIX it before its to late, No retirement for ELECTED jobs , you choose to do it , you spend money to get elected, you get your tired old @$$ in social security , just like the rest of us who have NO Choice , those b@$t@rd$ get to double dip, , Government retirement & theyt have a "JOB" on some outside board of directors that pays them when they out of session & they get the social security, on top, well its time to stop this BS of the Congress telling us what & how to do things, , I think it was Jefferson or maybe Madison who said when the government is afraid of the people they will do a better job , but when they have enough power to make the people afraid of the government we have a BIG problem , I know thats not the exact wods but you have to understand I am getting old & forgetfull & cant spell with a tinkers dammmmm , so if you get the meaning , thats what counts , now that the taxpayers have bailed out detroit & wall street I see larry flint wants a bail out for the porn industry , BALLLLLLLS, BIG BRASS BALLS ....... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Early Sunday morning 28 June 2009, I will be at the shop today so I have decided to get this UP & running asap, we are going to get the bar code computer on line & Sunday is the day to do it , so I get a lot of OT this week, hahahaha , since its sunday & I have to keep the boss happy, its beef again, dammm 39 years & still in the RUT ! , I went to the grocery store last night & got a pork loin, cut it into 3 roasts & 10 Chops , BIG PIG !! looks like I might get to grill a little pork this week I hope, , Summer grilling season, LOVE IT, hey i grill all year round but this is the best time , I can sit with a cigar & a drink & watch the times go round & round, when its cold out I stay in the house & watch the timer , Not as much fun as watching the birds & the traffic go by ! , ................. My wife was good to me this fathers day, a few stick to add to the humidor, about 30 total, all nice picks , i will be working my way through them this next month, & maybe a few next !, ............ the boys have been busy since school is out havent seen much of them this past week, Busy with there friends & camping with thier dad , Good for them camping out, dammmmm my idea of ruffing it is a hotel with out room service ................ one of the local little towns Rochester pa , has a BUSY & strange intersection 3 different state routes all cross & 3 local streets all converge at the same point, the intersection is controlled by lights on a timer & a motion sensor, to help move the traffic, well some polititions wife missed her bus as she had to wait 2 minutes at the red light one morning so bingo a 1.8 million dollar traffic circle is planned, 1.8 Million bucks, & that is just the front money, who knows what the cost over runs & graft will come to, , now the governer wants to raise the state income tax & the state sales tax buy 1% , PLUS a CIGAR tax , dammmm fool, he was elected on the campain promise of Eleminating the Property tax, this is his second & LAST term & we still havent got Property tax relief ..... when is a politition lying? when his lips are moving ! , I didnt vote for this guy & will never want to see him in any office again, ed spendel , never saw a tax he didnt like . , with the unrest in the state , washington DC & the rest of the country raising Taxes is just what we need , sure raise taxes take more money from the working stiffs , I guess its time to hang up the shop apron & sit on my formerly fat @$$ ,,,, I have had enough of the BS from harrisburg & DC . ..................... last week my wife told me the 3 way lamp in the living room was only working on one setting so I changed the bulb, didnt change anything in the light , just the bulb, & it still didnt have the 3 different settings of brightness, So I got a new fitting for the lamp & changed it today & Still just one setting, dammmmm , so I got out a new bulb, BINGO it worked, , the new bulb I put in was defective I was going to change the switch back, But WHY, its working now & if it isnt broke why fix it, ! so now she is complaining about the $4.47 I paid for the new switch............... cant please her no matter what I do other than making her a a pot roast on sunday ............... 39 years & counting ! DAMMMMM went to sears last week for a pair of shoes that was supposed to be on sale , New ballance 408, well I get in the store about 20 minutes after it opened, cant find a shoe clerk, , so i get the lady in the next department to call for help, a few minuts later this girl who I thought was a customer ansers the call, she is BUSY BSing to her friend & is just to busy to get me what i need , well she finnaly get arround to me & asks what size, well I have have 3 different styles of NB shoes & all 3 are different sizes from a 10.5 wide to an 11.5 regular , well she asks me would you like to measure your foot? , well yea, lets see where we are , well she shrugs her sholders & goes in search of the tool to measure my foot, , returns & sets it down beside me & goes back to her conversation with her friend, well I guess this is self service , so i get a shoe off check my foot & go back & tell her I want to try an 11.5 regular width, she tells me that style comes in an 11 or a 12 no 11.5 , OK tellme whare they are in the back & i will get both to try, them , well she informs me I am not allowed to go in the back & just help my self.... welll then help me !!, she gets the shoes & walks away again............... , I try them on, the 12 is to big & the 11 is to tight, so lets try an 11 wide, , , , , None in stock, hey this is the first day of the dammmm sale , why dont you have stock? well we do have a 10.5 wide, I try it , it fits ! , BINGO, I go to pay for them 7 she charges me the full price not the sale price, WHOOOO cowgirl , you gotta get with it , she re rings & I get out of Dodge , should have walked out long time before that, but i needed the shoes & the sale price was great 31.50 for a 65 buck pair of shoes., now I had planned to get 2 pair of shoes & a new belt, , well I got the one pair of shoes went to a different store for the belt, , & when i got home I looked at the cash slip & there is a web site, dammmmm Customer comments are on the list, so I comment, , & 2 days later I get a call from the store manager, he wants to appoligise , But has nothing to offer me to get me to return ........ I am looking for a new TV , & couch , a quick grand each but I will not be shopping for them there i tell him, well all he can do is give me lip service, , No incentaves , So when I am ready look, it looks like I will be going to Pennys or Macys , , , , when some one has a liget complaint at the cigar shop I do my best to make them HAPPY, but poor customer service from a manager, well I can say my shopping days at sears are OVER , if I wanted to go to a self serve shoe shop I could have gone to Kmart walmart & pay less shoes, but I wanted to be treated like a customer , treated the way I treat my customers , BUT I was not happy when i left the store or after the call, so now I will just spend my money some place else ! ..... well i got to get my @$$ in gear & get going , lots to do before I get to the shop ! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning it is Sunday 5 July 2009, the day after our natins Birthday, & I hope you all had a great time yesterday & will be celebrating OUR birthday again today............. well Breakfast was a nice easy bacon ,egg & cheese with a little tomato on it , I had 12 grain bread & my wife had oatmeal bread, , I like the Hunks of Grain in the 12 whole grain flour, little bits of solids in the sea of bread, with a few sesame seeds & sea salt on top , its a crunchy crust a little olive oil & when you break that Yoke with the crust YUMMMMMMMMMM , I have been scrambling my eggs latley but this morning it was sunny side up, , a BIG Yellow yoke staring back at me , the bacon was just one slice for each of us, it was more like a pork chop than a slice of bacon , THICK & Lean , Just enough fat for flavor & to lub up the skillet for the eggs , How good can it get , the Quintasenional breakfast , Bacon & eggs , a little cheese & some toast, a POT of Kona & baby I am one happy camper, , a little later today i will fire up the grill, for some Corn on the cob & a nice rib steak, , or is it pork ? dammm I didnt read what the butcher wrote on the paper wrapping the meat, better find out BEFORE I make the Marinade , pork will go in a citrus base , the beef will be an Oil /Vinegar, mix , but I guess I should open it to see what was defrosted hahahaha , Dammmmm its chicken , Ok corn on the cob & chicken hahahaha , Dammm I was going to deep fry the bird, looks like its going to go on the grill or we eat out hahahaha , the corn is in the sink still wet from the morning dew, picked just a few hundred yards from my back deck, sure hope my buddy who owns the field dosent mind loosing a few ears hahahaha , most of the local corn crop is just knee high right now , but this stuff has been "Sheltered " by the hills & trees & it gets a lot of Sun & fertilizer , about 100 years ago it was a hemp field ................. need I saw any more? hahahaha We spent most of the day yesterday at the Ellwood City Arts & food Festival , a lot of crafters & food vendors all trying to make a buck, , I did pick up a nice red ,white & blue Anchor saying welcome to the Qtr.Deck , gave it a spray of clear waterproofing when we got home & hung it on the Qtr.deck last night , looks good ! ............................ the boys are doing fine, havent had a chance to do anything with them this past week, they are "Busy" but they will both be here Wedsnday, But I work till 6 Pm so what ever we get into will NOT make the local 6 PM News hahahaha say tuned at 11 ! ..................... NOW I have a BIG GRIPE about our Government , Not only the local & state , But the feds as well, STOP TAXING MY @ $ $ OUT OF BUSINESS , If 10% is good enough for the church why cant these greedy B@$t@rds live with it at 10 % , Why the h3ll am I working so many hours , to Pay the local taxes, the federal taxes & the state taxes & now Gov. swindel wants to raise my state income tax AGAIN , this BOZO ( the appoligys to the clown ) is getting paid while the state workers are not, the legeslature adjorned for the 4th of july break with out passing a state budget for the 7th year in a row mind you leaving the state workers with out a pay check , BUT the Gov, & the legeslatorers , all get paid from a "special " account set up for them ....Hurray for me but the H3LL with you , Ok thats the state of PA , & the local school board is just crusing along as the merger of the Monaca & Center twp. schools is slamming it self on to the rocks like an old time pirate ship , Center twp has a mercintile tax of 1% , Monaca has no such tax , well now that the schools are merging , Center twp gets a tax break & Monaca gets a Tax Hike , an other 1% for graft & coruption, dammm I like it better when you just paid the mod a little bit each week, didnt need insurance on the building or cops on the payroll, the "boys " handled everything , you need a cash advance, you see the Boys , if a big amout is needed you see da MAN, , you pay , no problem, , you dont pay BIG problem, but they Smooth talking political Sheetheads make you feel like its you duty to pay them to run & RUIN your live , I have had it up to my formerly FAT neck the Stinch of the BS comming out of harrisburg ( the state capital of Pa ) is starting to resemble a 6 day old piece of road kill & it is the taxpayers of Pa who were run over by the governer, , he Promised property tax reductions as the main souce of revenue for the school districts & an ELIMINATION of the tax on you primary residence , well he got the slot machines & the horse racing tracks he wanted & now he wants table games like poker , black jack , Craps , the whole 9 Yards , all it will do is make his buddys rich, who own the gaming parlors, we will still be paying taxes out the Wazoo , & Barack with his Cap & trade is going to put me out of my home, how will I be able to afford a 300% increase in my electricy & natural gas payments, , Yes I have seen estamates ranging from 60% to 300% , dammmm even 60% is a BIG BITE out of my thin wallet, yea they show you 300 % and you say well 60 isnt bad, BS , A BIG , BULL , $hit on that one 40cents for the cigars plus an additional 1% sales tax, an upward move of the state income tax, local taxs , when will it END, ? Pa has a Full time legeslature, with HUNDREDS od state reps & a state senate Payroll for the harrisburg circus is out of site , time to trim the fat eddie spendel ( the governator of Pa ) , on government & yourself, , My profit margine is so thin right now I end up working more hours a week as I cant afford to pay anyone............. so its eather raise My price to the consumer & the sales will fall , or suck it up & work more ....... dammmm I should have just stayed RETIRED ! , OH Yea Healt care, all i want to say about Governmet run health care is , Look at the veterans adminastration , , I wait 6 months to see a doc , wait 3 weeks to get the results of a blood test wait an outer 2 weeks to get back to the doc to have him review the tests with me before treament is offered, Good thing it wasnt a heart attact, I might not be here today, , , , , I dont want Socialized medicine or socialised autos , the Government isnt here to run our lives we are here to RUN it , federal bail outs BULLLLLLL ! , you screw up you company TUFF, JOB security is in your ability to preform, you dont , BINGO your Fired , LIVE with it , oh its not my fault, BS it is your fault, just as much as it isnt Mine , so WHY do I need to pay for you ??? , pull your self up by your own bootstraps, Take Personal responcability for yourself & your family, some people were embarrised to take charity , now 3rd & 4the generations dont know any different , its a way of life, , , , maybe I sould just move to the beach In Hawaii , Fish for food , grow a little coffee , for my own use , give up electricty , & just become a hermit, or tune in drop out & become a Hippie of the new century .............. H3ll no I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to become a Vegen ! Dammm Fools we keep electing them ( US being the fools ) the politicans a are just playing us for there own gain ! , well enough of the BS, I got coffee to roast, grind , brew & consume ,a few cigars to smoke a meal to prepair & some single malt whisky to sip ...................... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Vince... Sorry to hear about the taxes and such... but who knows, maybe more work will keep you young! (or put you in an early cigar-smoking grave)
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Vince... Sorry to hear about the taxes and such... but who knows, maybe more work will keep you young! (or put you in an early cigar-smoking grave)
    Too late to be an "early" grave hahaha But the taxes here in Pa are getting way to MUCH, cut the fat, cut the lean , reduce the size of government & do with less, have the welfair people do some thing for the money, clean the streets, or paint the street signs, do Some thing ! anything, cut grass shovel snow, direct traffic at the school crossings , work at the homeless shelter, what ever just do some thing !!!! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 12 July, 2009 & a Beauty of a day here in da burgh, it has been a fantastic summer so far , not all that hot not all that wet, , the garden looks great the birds are well fed & the grass hasent dryed out yet so it still needs a trim every week, we have hardly used the central A/C all year as of yet , but the dog days of august will soon be upon us , I have a LOT to do today , it is going to be a little busy arround here , looks like I will not be hitting the Qtr.deck anytime soon, , after breakfast , I got the Sunday hunk of beef in the oven , should be ready to eat about now ( MOOOOO ) , but the Boss wants it in the oven till at lest 3:30 this afternoon, , boys & girls, can you say Wellllll Done , Yuck ! , well done , just not in my lexicon of terms associated with beef ,oh well 39 years with the boss so far niether of us has budged on the way we like our beef, hahahaha we did go to the movie last night , a sandra bullock film the Proposial , funny flick, Betty White played the grandmother , Funny stuff, it was Barbs pick & I went as to not start a disagreement, but it was a good flick, , I might even go back to see it again , this time with out all the cell phones ging off , dammmm @SS hole they tell you TWICE before the show starts, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE < NO TEXTING < but No these @$$holes think they are far to importaint to listen to a message on the screen, no they need the taste slapped out of there mouth , the lady beside my wife checked her messages 4 time during the movie , , this is the last time I sit through it , next time I am going to ask for my money back , & go to a different show, I have all ready told people to shut up , I have removed a phone from some ones hand & closed it , & gave them a SUHSSHHH , I am just getting to old to put up with the BS , I have become the old crabby guy on the block, & Dont let me catch your dog taking a dump on my lawn, it will be on your windshield the next morning ! Ohhh dammmm I love getting that BS off my chest, , I am heading to New Castle Pa this morning we will be recording that next POD CAST of Blowen smoke , you can listen to it by going to www.burghherfers.com & clicking the link to the pod casts, or you can go to www.cigarcrawl.com & click the link to the pod casts, , we are having a great time with this stuff, ...... the boys have been busy with summer , so I havent seen all that much of them this past week, they were here Wed. for porkchops & baked beans it was a gassy nigh for my wife, 3 of us bean eaters in the car with the windows up & the a/c on she was gaging hahahaha , she isnt a baked bean fan so it was a lock out on the power windows hahahaha !, we did see the space station make a pass overhear last week, just before 10 PM it crossed the sky from the SW at 17K mph it went from horizion to horizion in less than a minute ( trees to the SW & the house to the NE ) , could have walked to the other side of the house to see it longer but the lights from the Barn next to us lights up the sky way to much , dammmm I should have gotten a lot more land out here 30 years ago when we moved from the city out to the country, to mannny other people had the same idea, now its almost like being back in the city , I USED to be able to sit on my back deck in my underware & no one said anything about it , Now I need a pair of shorts & a shirt or I get called a nudist hahahahaha , who gives a good crap about what I have on when I am out on MY back deck .... I sure dont care one way or the other , the misqutoes dont care why should the old fart down the street care !!!! , well I tell them I was here before you got here & I made MY own rulles before you got here & if the rules dont fit your life style, you have the right & privliage to MOVE your tired old @$$ out of here , No wonder I am getting old , People just seam to PISS ME OFF a lot more now than they did 50 years ago ......... I have been smoking a lot of FINE OLD cigars in the past week, some deep pockets of the humi were cracked & I pulled out a few sticks from 1980 , from our 10th wedding anniversary , this year it will be 39 years , a cigar from Panama if I remember or maybe Costa Rico , the bands were long gone , just the date on the paper they were wrapped in was 1980,,,, dammmm I bet some of you werent even alive back then hahahaha time to get my formerly over weight body out of the chair & on the deck for a cigar & coffee , ! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sucks to have my generation **** up your movie experience, heck, even I get pissed when my buddy checks his cell phone for messages 15 to 20 times a movie. Here's to hoping that we can figure out that we need to pull the plug on technology for 2 hours while we are getting entertained. And your right, that cigar from 1980 is older than I am, by about 9 years. Hope you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Vince I feel your pain about dog crap in the yard. First we have a leash law where I live and second I have two dogs of my own (inside dogs). I would never under any circumstance allow MY dogs to chit in SOMEONE else's yard. If they did I would remove it and dispose of it properly. However, most of my neighbors have dogs, and when they let them loose to do their business they will end up in my yard sometimes taking a dump in the yard or flowers and digging around in flower beds, sometimes while their owners stand there and watch. This pis_ses me off to no end !!!These people are well educated professionals (attys, own their own businesses etc). I would like to take their dogs crap after a couple weeks put it in a pie pan and put it on their front door entry with a note thanking them for their dogs providing the ingredients for a nice chit pie ...I hope they enjoy it ...ok ok ok I need to calm down ...but this drives me nuts
  • Options
    Good morning it is Sunday 19 July 2009, & we are having a wonderful summer here in da burgh , not to hot a bit on the cool side ( globial warming my @$$) , average temp for the month is 69.7 F , we have been in the low 50's at night & the low 70's during the day , a little rain here & there but so far its been just Fantastic, , almost like when I was in San Diego back in the 60's , but then I was there in the winter here , , it was below zero when I got on the plane & over 80 when I got off ! , dammmmm thats a BIG difference ...... well enough about the weather, not much we can do about it anyway but complain about it or sing its praise, we get what we get ... end of story ! we were out and about last night with the Slippery Rock cigar shop FOURTH anniual Cigar Bar b QUE, no we didnt BBQ cigars we had a whole pig done over a slow wood fire , 14 hours to turn it into a masterpiece , mahogany skin, suculant meat , & fat dripping from my chins Yea baby , lots of cigars were smoked & the blow'n Smoke pod cast was recorded , should be up on line in a few days, the Cigar of the day was a 1968 Macanudo , NOT bad at all,m y taste buds we fryed by then as it was my 10th cigar of the day , I had a belly full of scotch & pork fat dripping from my mustashe, no wonder I had a hard time getting any taste out of it , or was it just that bland, I should smoke an other one first thing in the morning , , that will go on my to do list hahahah .............. the boys have been busy a lot this summer , I havent had much chance to get us all in trouble so far ,every one has been busy, now that school is out for the summer they find things to do with out me , , & I miss hanging out with them But they are having fun with out me , & thats great for them , bad for me , but I know they need time with thier friends , & I need time with mine , & thats what I have been doing all week, , sipping coffee sampleing the single malts & smoking a few cigars , dammmmm it cant get much better than this ! hahaha The boss & I went to the local coffee roaster to pick up some roasted coffee & some fresh green coffees lasdt week, well they were just finishing roasting some Jamacian blue Mountain ................ dammm that $hit is EXPENCIVE , the pot she made this morning was a cost of $6.25 for the 3.5 ounces of ground coffee , dammm that almost as bad as going to Charbuck$ for a cup of Pikes plaza ( Black ) for me & a Latte for her , its good but not all that much better than the Brazillian, Columbian , Indosian, or any African coffees we get , , & I miss my Sunday morning kona , , now dont get me wrong there is nothing Wrong with the JBM ( other than PRICE) , it is a Buttery soft coffee & I do enjoy the light roast on it that way you taste the coffee not the roast of the coffee, , but it gets lost with the don carlos #3 , the kona has a bit more body IMHO than the JBM & Both are a light roast coffee, with the same 3.5 ounces per pot, for a long time I was using 2.5 , but kicked it up an ounce & havent gone back , yea Baby TASTE , I am here for the taste, , but that raises a question, have I burnt out my taste buds , needing a higher amount to get that same flavor kick? have I gone to far ? , will I be replacing my favorite Green chilly sauce with some thing a little hotter just to get that Rush of flavor? , Are My endorphines taking a nap? , Only Time will tell.......... this is a celebration day , we hare NOT HAVING BEEF !! , I have a nice hunk of pork that will be done with vadillia onions, apples ,carrots, celery & a handfull of prunes , all in the cast iron dutch oven , some roasted spuds & Summer squash............. if your in the area, we will be sitting down to eat about 4 PM ............... Thats about all I have this week, there is a cigar calling my name, a roast that needs to get in the oven & a pot of coffee to finish & speaking of coffee , its about time to get rid of all I have drank all ready today , hahaha Enjoy,Vince
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Vince O:
    ..I am here for the taste, , but that raises a question, have I burnt out my taste buds , needing a higher amount to get that same flavor kick? have I gone to far ?
    I get that a lot too. I find that smoking a couple milder cigars near the end of a day plus brushing my toungue after brushing my teeth in the following morning goes a long way to restoring my sense of taste.

I do enjoy reading your sunday morning posts.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    m y taste buds we fryed by then as it was my 10th cigar of the day , I had a belly full of scotch & pork fat dripping from my mustashe,

May i grow up to be as COOL as you...Long Live Vince O!!!!
  • Options
    Sorry But I am NOT cool, it is almost,80 in here & the boss wants the windows closed as it will soon be raining, hahaha , turn on the A/C , But no it will cool off in the rain so we dont need no stinking A/C , dammm I can never win ! about the only time I was ever able to come out on top was when I was in the Navy, or cooking, you did it MY way !, but now even if I were an admirial, she would out rank me ! , & if I was the chef , she would be the owner ! I just cant win with her ! 39 yeas this august, , , , Never won an arguement , even when I was right ! hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    Good morning it is Sunday 19 July 2009, & we are having a wonderful summer here in da burgh , not to hot a bit on the cool side ( globial warming my @$$)
    seriously, when is summer gunna hit? its the 20th of july and the high today is supposed to be 74. seriously?
    Vince O:
    we were out and about last night with the Slippery Rock cigar shop FOURTH anniual Cigar Bar b QUE, no we didnt BBQ cigars we had a whole pig done over a slow wood fire , 14 hours to turn it into a masterpiece , mahogany skin, suculant meat , & fat dripping from my chins Yea baby , lots of cigars were smoked & the blow'n Smoke pod cast was recorded
    yeah, my college roommate did a lot of the Architecture for the College out there. we head out there quite a bit actually. i should go to the 5th annual Cigar Bar BQ.
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 26 July 2009 , A wonderful cool morning here in da Burgh , we have had a cool summer a lot of need for the A?C so far , but I think Aug & Sept. will make up for the lack of heat so far, in a normal summer my grass is showing a little distress by now , but it is still green & lush, a few spotty brown spots but nothing is burnt out like in years past, we have had a good bit of rain , but not as much as we should have had, we do get showers a few times a week but they are short & light, we do need a good soaking rain, but some places have had flash floods in the area, so its hit & miss for most of us ..... I started the day with a pot of Jamican blue mountain, , the meter maid just came back from vacation & brought me coffee & Rum , Good coffee BUT GREAT RUM , as you all know I am a scotch drinker , & the Appleton Rum was smooth , didnt have the smoke of the Islay scotch I enjoy but was a fine dram with a lighter cigar , like the Monte white band , of witch I am enjoying the double corona this morning, YES I DID have the Don Carlos #3 right out of the starting gate with the JBM , but I do miss my sunday morning Kona , & I have a pot of a medium/light roast of a blend of american coffeesbrewing right now, I have no idea the ratios, just a few beans of columbian, brazillian, costa rico,mexico & what ever else I had left over in a light or medium roast , 3.5 ounces of ground beans & 10 /6 ounce cups of filtered water, , run it through the drip pot , ( just way to lazy to clean the press pot this morning ) , it should be fine with a light body cigar like the monte white , I will let you know hahahaha It is an other BANNER day here in Freedom Pa , NO BEEF on todays menu, I got the boss to agree to chicken & rice ,,,,,,,,,,, it will get started about noon or so , when ever i feel the time has come, no set schedual today , it is a lazy summer day & I have nothing planed other than a BIG cigar right after the one I am smoking NOW , & a lot of @$$time on the back deck or in the Qtr.Deck ,,,, I went out for the sunday paper before the boss was awake, brought the paper in , set it on the couch & went back out to fire up the morning cigar , well i heard her in the kitchen soon after & thought I will wait till she has finished her morning bible reading & then come in & make breakfast , well about 30/35 minutes goes by & I need to get rid of all the coffee I have been drinking, so I get up to go in & the door is locked, I knock, , , & wait, knock again, & wait, knock again & wait, , Nothing , No movement, no foot steps comming tward the door, SO I KNOCK A LOT HARDER & LONGER , Oh she says , I thought you were on the computer & when I say the door was unlocked I just locked it, well Suprise you opened the curtains in the computer room & I wasnt there was I , & if I wasnt on the computer, or in the bathroom, I must be outside dont you think? well yea she did agree to that & has no idea why she locked the door when she saw it was OPEN, Habbit I guess, , maybe its time to start using the hide a key or just take the lock off of the door all together , its looking like she will be joining her mother at the nursing home sooner rather than later hahahahaa The boys went camping in the wilds of W.Va . with thier dad this weekend, , I guess its fun when your young, but dammmm , I want COMFORT ,,,,, , one main reason I joined the Navy , when they go into battle they take the beds , showers ,toilets , Stoves & ovens right with them ............. No "camping out" for me ! the shop has been holding its own, nothing major or minor happening, just slow sales & few NEW customers, , I guess I have to get a next generation of cigar smokers trained soon to keep the shop alive hahahaha right now I want to say some thing nice about the econemy................... sorry , nothing comes to mind, , other than welcome to the United Socialist States of Amerika............ My idea of Good government is that you never know they are in session, nothing changes , No NEW taxes, no scandle, No graft & kick backs , YEA like that will ever happen, hahaha , I didnt vote for McCain or Obama , but I think we all should give him a chance to see if his ideas will work, past preformance of any socialist government has shown that it will not work, but dammmmm lets try it again..... the sign of stupidity is doing the same thing over & over again & expecting differnt outcomes the next time you try it , you piss on an electric fence ONE TIME & you learn your lesson........... Nuff said . Enjoy, Vince