Home General Discussion
Options

The most overrated cigar- Your opinions

Comments

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with @VegasFrank those high ratings have a lot to do with advertising dollars in many occasions although EPC does age nicely.
    Cubans these days are rushed to market and don’t have the age but older aged Cubans are outstanding IMO.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    I would agree with @VegasFrank those high ratings have a lot to do with advertising dollars in many occasions although EPC does age nicely.
    Cubans these days are rushed to market and don’t have the age but older aged Cubans are outstanding IMO.

David once told me he’s got Cuban’s older than me.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

David once told me he’s got Cuban’s older than me.

Close to as old as you…

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those Melanios are 🔥

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

@Matt Marvel said:
    So, there's several sticks out there that are highly rated, highly priced, and sometimes highly advertised. However, some of these cigars could be considered overrated. By no means does this mean they're bad smokes, but like some things that hit the mainstream of any industry or medium, they're just a little too loved, if that makes sense.

So, this brings us to the question, which cigar do you find to be the most overrated?

Myself, I find Cohiba to be in that vein. It's a nice smoke, but I've encountered a lot of people who think it's the best cigar out there. It has that wheelin' an dealin' cigar smoker luster to it. If you remember the Black Band Project videos, it would be something the guy with the fifteen cell phones would smoke.

I think Davidoff fits into this category. Way over priced for the kind of smoke it is. Nothing to write home about imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

And they all stink but your own......

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say it again. Anything over $15.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

My disagree, your 15 is different than my 15.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    @Krieg that’s my disagree. Although Davidoff does not always fit into my flavor profile you would be hard pressed to find a cigar that produces the same quality day in and day out.
    Their quality and consistency is what you are paying for. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that is on par with them in those regards is Padron.
    Like I said, not always my cup of tea flavor wise. But I have to give respect to the quality of their products.

you took the words right outta my mouth, i was just gonna say Padron. Which is def my #1 cigar. Davidoff just doesn't fit my flavor profile. I like a more full bodied, consistent smoke...like Padron. I think Davidoff is just too mild for me tbh.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

So... what's the difference between "overrated" and "doesn't fit my flavor profile"?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MitchVortexMitchVortex Posts: 1

Rocky Patel has two excellent cigars in my opinion: the Decade and the Sun Grown Maduro.

The last smoke I actually threw away after about a third was the Camacho Corojo. The Triple Maduro sucks rat dicks as well.

I've had about 10 Cubans over the last year. I really enjoyed the Partagas Lusitania, and the Montecristo I had was great. These small Vegueros smokes I had were excellent as well. The rest were forgettable or garbage.

I'd take a regular old Padron over most of the Cubans I've had.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most over rated? Any Saka or Ezra Zion cigar.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MitchVortex
    If your first post is to give us your opinion on cigar brands, your opinion is invalidated.
    Haha.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

EZ yes, saka no way cabron

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@0patience said:

EZ yes, saka no way cabron

Sorry, I just can't seem to like his stuff.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.