Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A scripture a day keeps the devil at bay.

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Mathew 21:21-22
    21. Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
    22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Mathew 22:32
    32. I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Proverbs 19:20
    20. Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    John 16:33
    33. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Mathew 27: 35-50

Matthew 27:35-50 KJV
    35. And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. [36] And sitting down they watched him there; [37] And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS . [38] Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left. [39] And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, [40] And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. [41] Likewise also the chief priests mocking him , with the scribes and elders, said, [42] He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. [43] He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. [44] The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth. [45] Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. [46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [47] Some of them that stood there, when they heard that , said, This man calleth for Elias. [48] And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. [49] The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him. [50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Mark 15: 25-39
    25. And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
    26.And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS .
    27. And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
    28. And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
    29. And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
    30. Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
    31. Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
    32. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
    33. And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
    34. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
    35. And some of them that stood by, when they heard it , said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
    36. And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
    37. And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
    38. And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
    39. And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Luke 24:4-7 KJV
    4. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
    5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
    6. He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
    7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hebrews 4:12-16
    12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    13. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
    14. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
    15. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    16. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hebrews 11:1-3
    1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    2. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
    3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hebrews 12:1-2
    1… Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
    2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hebrews 13:1-2
    1… Let brotherly love continue.
    2. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Proverbs 2:6-7
    6 … the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
    7. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Lord, help us to be better christians, better husbands, better fathers and better sons. Amen
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Proverbs 3:1-4
    1… My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
    2. For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
    3. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
    4. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    1 John 4:18-21
    18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
    19. We love him, because he first loved us.
    20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
    21. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Psalms 31:1
    1. In thee, O Lord , do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Isaiah 40:6-8
    6. The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
    7. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
    8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
    Put this one on again.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I hope this is okay to post here. I was in Mobile, Alabama at our secondary HQ and one of the guys gave me a KJ bible and printed some verses and other literature for me. It was awkward since my boss was around. I'm not sure how to interpret this.
  • Options
    Post here any time man. Did you ask for it, or did he just walk up and hand it to you? Cuz that could be a little awkward.
    The KJV is the translation that I read, its what I grew up with.
    I have had 2 people walk up and give me bibles. I just say thank you. But I dont hand them out to people that dont want them, I feel like that is trying to push it on people. And I dont want to do that.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thanks Roland. No, it was out of the blue and in front of 4 other people, my boss included. I put a big smile on my face and said Thanks, which was easy since it was how I was feeling. I'm not complaining, I was just caught off guard.
  • Options
    Genesis 12:1
    1. Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

I think that it is interesting that God didnt move until Abram did.
    And sometimes we just need to move out of his way.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Colossians 3:17

17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hebrews 11:1
    [1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Proverbs 4:1-9 KJV

1… Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
    2.For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
    3. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
    4. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
    5. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
    6. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
    7. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
    8. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
    9. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee. …
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're better off living alone in the desert than living with a bitsch.
    ... Proverbs 21:19

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Not a scripture, but needed today.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:9-21 (NIV)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. —Psalm 1:1-2
    I find that it would be hard to follow this scripture in these days and times. or maybe i dont understand this scripture. I feel that we all at times fall in into one of these catagory, wicked, sinner, mockers. i know there is not a level of severity to these either. i'm not sure what i'm trying to say i guess.
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n!