Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bad Traders Forum

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    You were joking about having no time even though you logged on for other reasons and according to Eric did not respond to PM?Hell, would not be the first time I was wrong. My sincere apologies.
  • Options
    phishstyxphishstyx Posts: 110
    Rain:
    You were joking about having no time even though you logged on for other reasons and according to Eric did not respond to PM?Hell, would not be the first time I was wrong. My sincere apologies.
    No, I was joking about the Bad Traders List. I don't always think to check PM's because I am used to forums that give you notification of PMs. I was camping with my family all weekend and just saw his PM tonight, then I realized that the ish had hit the fan. Not saying anything about you being wrong. Hell, I know how it looks. It's just not something I am going to get stressed over. There are way more important things in life.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    phishstyx:
    Rain:
    No, I was joking about the Bad Traders List. I don't always think to check PM's because I am used to forums that give you notification of PMs. I was camping with my family all weekend and just saw his PM tonight, then I realized that the ish had hit the fan. Not saying anything about you being wrong. Hell, I know how it looks. It's just not something I am going to get stressed over. There are way more important things in life.
    This issue is settled. I would welcome another trade with phishstyx. A number of extraordinary circumstances led to this discussion including an office move due to promotion on his part, which is a good thing (congratulations btw), me being out of town, him not realizing he had a pm and unusually long shipping time for Priority Mail. Hell, I wouldn't even check my pms if I was camping with my family. All is good. Numerous cigars arrived in good condition...more than I gave out.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    This issue is settled.
    I second the motion.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ... Done... Send me his addy I'll take care of him. My apologies
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s unfortunate that I have to resurrect this post but after 13 months of waiting on a trade to get completed, I feel that the member won’t honor his part of the trade. I did a trade with Dwayne @ back in November 2018. As of today he still hasn’t completed his part of the trade. Here are the PM’s to give you some history:

·  November 2018

The CAO Stingy Scrooge is just an ok cigar. You can find them (box of 10) for around $40 on best cigar prices website. Like I said just an ok cigar even with 1-2 years on it. 

·  dbeckom November 2018

Ok thank you my friend. I am trying to play catch up on everything that has came out in the past few years. I was in a coma and had a long stay in the hospital, and was not able to get out and smoke afterwards. I just started back smoking regularly in the past 6 months 

·  WaterNerd November 2018

Wow I’m glad you’re OK. Can’t even imagine what you’ve been through. Over the last few years cigar companies have gone crazy and have released more cigars then they have over the last 10 or so years. I was attempting to purchase and enjoy one of every new cigar released in 2017 but gave up after about 20 or so. 

I noticed you enjoy a pipe. I purchase several and a bunch of pipe tobacco but it  just wasn’t my thing. If you want to do a trade for a few cigars let me know I have a lot of pipe tobacco that I would love to send you away 

·  dbeckom November 2018

I love my pipes! I may be interested. What kinds of tobacco do you have? 

Here’s what I have

·  dbeckom November 2018

What do you want for it? I don’t have any of the newer releases, but I have a lot of well aged sticks similar to the ones I sent cbuck. How many would you be looking for?

Cool! I’ll leave that up to you. I trust your judgement. Please send me your info. Here’s mine:

ill ship your package this weekend and will send you the tracking number. BTW If your not on the good traders list yet I’ll make sure you are after this 

·  dbeckom November 2018

Here ya go...

ive bee on the good traders list for a long time

Omg I just saw that you’ve been on the forum since 2011... nice!

I saw your last post that you are moving. Do we have time to do the trade?

Sorry for the delay. Package is going out Monday VIA USPS Priority Mail so you should have it no later than Thursday. 9405809699937069010712

I know how stressful moving is so no rush on your part of the trade. Best of luck to you and stay in touch

·  dbeckom November 2018

I’m sorry that I haven’t gotten back to you sooner. It’s been crazy stressfuand I still have tons to do and very little time to get it done. I will get your package out in the next couple of days

·  dbeckom December 2018

Good morning! I’m sorry that I haven’t gotten back to you sooner. Moving out of the country is more work than I ever imagined it would be. I had a LOT more stuff than I thought I had. Your package came in at my mother’s house several days ago. I will get something out to you before I leave for Turkey. 

Dwayne 

·  WaterNerd December 2018

No worries I know your busy. WOW Turkey that is awesome Sounds like a great adventure!

·  dbeckom December 2018

I love it there! My fiancé the chief of doctors at a big private hospital in Istanbul. 

·  dbeckom December 2018

Hey my friend! I’m so sorry, but I didn’t get to send you a package before I left for Turkey. When I sent you that last message on December 5th, I was thinking that my flight was on th 6th and I had time to pack something up for you...my fiancé informed me that my flight DEPARTED Atlanta on the 5th and I landed in Turkey on the 6th! Needless to say, I was in panic mode

I will I’ll get a package to you one way or another, and it will be well worth your wait! If you can wait until I come back in February, I can send you a great selection of aged sticks, or if you prefer I can have C.COM mail you something...your choice. 

All of the rushing and moving have have taken a toll on me, and since I got here I have been struggling with my seizures. I haven’t been able to have a cigar yet, and only had bout a half a bowl in my pipe. 

Again, I am very sorry for the delay. 

·  WaterNerd December 2018

I'm glad you made the trip and got to Turkey safely. No rush on the cigars February works for me. Just take care of yourself and get better.

Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·  WaterNerd March 29

Good morning Dwayne. Hope you are settling in and doing well in Turkey. Just checking in to see where we are at with the trade

Thanks,

Allan

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options

·  WaterNerd April 5

Good morning Dwayne. Just following up on the trade.

·  dbeckom April 5

Hey my friend. I’m sorry that I haven’t gotten back to you sooner. I have recently had a rash of seizures associated with the head injuries from 2016 and I’ve been a lil out of it. I will be traveling back to the states in the next few weeks and I will put together a package for you then if that’s ok. I wish I could have taken care of this before I left 

·  WaterNerd April 9

Thanks for getting back to me and I'm sorry your going through all of this. Focus on getting healthy and just keep in touch. You getting better is the most important thing

Allan

·  dbeckom November 9

Good morning my friend. I just wanted to let you know that I haven’t forgotten about you. I got your package together before I left but never got it to the post office. I’m coming into Georgia later this month and I will re-pack a GREATER selection for you with some extras for your patience. 

·  WaterNerd November 9

Hi Dwayne. Great to hear from you. How are you doing? Hope you are getting better. Great that your coming back. Will be great to see you on the forum again 👍🏻 Don’t worry about any extras my friend. 

·  dbeckom November 12

I’m doing pretty good all things considered. The seizures continued, and along with a few other symptoms until my fiancé (the doctor) ordered me to have an MRI. Among other things they found a large cyst between and into both of my frontal lobes, as well as a large “mass” at my left inner ear. I am due to have a follow up MRI before I return to the states to see if anything has changed, and I will bring the scans there to consult my doctors in Georgia on what to do. 

Otherwise I am just smoking my pipes and cigars and enjoying life. 

·  WaterNerd December 6

Hi Dwayne. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Just say your post that you are heading back to Istanbul soon. Just wanted to check in and get an update on the trade

Thanks,

Allan

·  WaterNerd December 11

Hi Dwayne. Please let me know where you are on your part of this trade

Allan

·  dbeckom December 11

Good morning Allan. I’m sorry that I haven’t gotten back to you sooner. That trip took a lot out of me and I’m just starting to feel human again. I have not had a cigar or pipe in over a week now. We were running behind going to the airport and my mother was supposed to take it by the post office on Monday. I will message her when she gets up to see where it is. I put one “unicorn” DPG Blue “A” (9.5”x50) with 5 years rest in the box for you. If you’ve never had one of the “A” vitola’s, you’re in for a treat. When I can spend 2-3 hours on a cigar, that’s one of my favorites...it seems to hit a real sweet spot between the Toro and Churchill that no other vitola can achieve. I hope you enjoy all of my selection for you. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please let me know and I will have cigar.com fix you a sampler. 

Again, I’m very sorry for the delay in getting this to you. I’ve always known that moving was tough, but moving to another country is really beyond my definition of “tough”...and I still have a lot to do before we can get married. 

·  WaterNerd December 20

Hi Dwayne. I haven't received your part of the trade yet. Will you be mailing it out anytime soon? Would like to finish this trade up by the end of the your

·  dbeckom December 21

Alan I’m working on it. It’s hard to get something shipped from 6,000 miles away. I locked my debit card twice trying to use my usps account. I have asked my sister to take it to the post office for me on her first day off work. She’s a manager at Walmart so as you can imagine, her hours are crazy this time of year. 

I also plan to send you something extra straight from cigar.com after the first of January (money is a bit tight due to the holidays and travel).

again, I’m very sorry for the delay with this

·  dbeckom December 25

What are some of your favorites, and or wish to try cigars so I can watch out for them? I promise I will make this up to you

·  WaterNerd December 26

Hi Dwayne. Hope you had a great Christmas. I just want this trade to be done. I've spoken to several forum members about this trade and they agree with me that this needs to be completed ASAP. Please complete your part of the trade by the first of the year.

So that’s it. At this time I don’t think Dwayne will ever complete his part of the trade. Once Dwayne completes his part of the trade I will remove him from the Bad Traders list.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for oh snap
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang thats a long time!
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bunch O Crap.  Sorry you went through that.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Pretty sure dbeckom, used to go by RBeckom, who was not a good member either.  Not many old timers left who would remember him.  Right up there with newboots.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure dbeckom, used to go by RBeckom, who was not a good member either.  Not many old timers left who would remember him.  Right up there with newboots.
    2 different people genius 
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You sure?  A lot of similarities in language used in posts, plus the last name.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My foggy memory says they were brothers. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    peter4jc said:
    My foggy memory says they were brothers. 
    I believe Rbeckom was supposedly the older, Dbeckom the "baby brother".  I know that I personally got fed up with R, who was at times creative and intelligent even to the point of being brilliant; and at other times quite manipulative and callous.  I have appreciated D's contributions to the Pipe thread. 

I have also wondered if they could be one and the same person / people.

Don't quite know what to think of all this, except to say D, you owe, do your part.  You were just in the States recently, right?  Do the right thing.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
      Right up there with newboots.
    Now there's one I'd almost forgotten!  Lol.  Too much drama!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember him and his “brother”, no bueno.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryin' shame we even have this thread....  As Carl Pilkington said:   "Just do your bit...."
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It's been seven days since this was posted.  Any resolution?  
    @WaterNerd    @dbeckom   ??
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Stubble said:
    It's been seven days since this was posted.  Any resolution?  
    @WaterNerd    @dbeckom   ??
    I haven’t heard from him yet. Looks like he’s be on. We’ll see what happens
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

...F'n look at this MoFo...he stoled his Daddy's pipe.   IstanbullshiT....****.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he just doesn't have any cigars bro:
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1070756#Comment_1070756
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @dbeckom , are you planning to redeem yourself?  It is certainly evident that you have the means.  Packages are sent all around the world everyday.

DI:  "Men, what's the maximum effective range of an excuse?"

Platoon:  "Zero point zero meters Drill Sergeant!!"

Many if not most here have participated in this conversation.  It's one of the things that separates the Men from the boys.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @Patrickbrick dbeckom is not RBeckom...that is my brother as many on here will tell you. It is true that he had issues with a few people on here, but that had nothing to do with me. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb