Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bad Traders Forum

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that when all the fluff is gone it boils down to honor and intrergrity.I think that's all there is. Either you conduct yourself with honor and intregrity or you don't. If you don't it will be self evident. I'm glad that some of the old hands are willing to point this out to the new hands.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Seems to me that when all the fluff is gone it boils down to honor and intrergrity.I think that's all there is. Either you conduct yourself with honor and intregrity or you don't. If you don't it will be self evident. I'm glad that some of the old hands are willing to point this out to the new hands.
    Nailed it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    First Warrior:
    Nailed it.
    I don't want bombs. I feel bad when I get them because I'm not in much of a position to send them out. I hope I haven't said anything that can be construed as begging. If you push me for the addy I'll probably give it. It's not a matter of paying back, I get that, but I still feel like I should be a participant. When I can get packages out, you'll see me on the Movie Trivia Thread for some fun, but aside from one post, recently, I haven't been participating lately. I really appreciate all the gifted cigars I've gotten, whether bombs or trades or prizes. Those packages I've gotten each have brought smiles to my face. You are truly a great bunch of guys. I haven't noticed anything from boots except he disappeared for a while and came back. But I don't hang out in the threads where most of this will happen, either.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I don't want bombs... It's not a matter of paying back, I get that, but I still feel like I should be a participant. When I can get packages out, you'll see me on the Movie Trivia Thread for some fun, but aside from one post, recently, I haven't been participating lately. I really appreciate all the gifted cigars I've gotten, whether bombs or trades or prizes. Those packages I've gotten each have brought smiles to my face. You are truly a great bunch of guys...But I don't hang out in the threads where most of this will happen, either.
    i dont like getting bombs either. ive become very picky in what i put in my humidor. i have very little room at any given point. if i am going to take up that space, it better be something i like or want to review. not trying to be a snob in any way, but im way out of the "finding what i like" phase. i know what i like.

i wont ever be mad to be bombed, i mean the bomber has taken time effort and money to try and make sure im happy. that effort should never be discounted or dismissed.

to a lesser degree, my budget isnt always what i want it to be either. its looking like that may change soon though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Martel:
    I don't want bombs... It's not a matter of paying back, I get that, but I still feel like I should be a participant. When I can get packages out, you'll see me on the Movie Trivia Thread for some fun, but aside from one post, recently, I haven't been participating lately. I really appreciate all the gifted cigars I've gotten, whether bombs or trades or prizes. Those packages I've gotten each have brought smiles to my face. You are truly a great bunch of guys...But I don't hang out in the threads where most of this will happen, either.
    i dont like getting bombs either. ive become very picky in what i put in my humidor. i have very little room at any given point. if i am going to take up that space, it better be something i like or want to review. not trying to be a snob in any way, but im way out of the "finding what i like" phase. i know what i like.

i wont ever be mad to be bombed, i mean the bomber has taken time effort and money to try and make sure im happy. that effort should never be discounted or dismissed.

to a lesser degree, my budget isnt always what i want it to be either. its looking like that may change soon though.
    i agree with kuzi...from years of trying stuff I have pretty much nailed down what I like! I will always try some new things but space and budget I tend to stick with what I know I'll enjoy. And kuzi sounds like your getting a promotion?! Good luck I hope it happens!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Well, I was honestly unaware that I had ever begged to be bombed. If I've made you all feel that way I apologize. Though, it begs the question....if you felt that way, instead of PMing each other, why not PM me? A simple QnA with me via PM would have cleared everything up. Did anyone PM me and mention that it seems like I don't give back? Or why I don't? I guess that's my only question here. Why was none of this brought to my attention before? I'd like to make a few simple points though.

I've never, for the sole purpose of being bombed, made any statement....ever.

For about the past 6 months, I've been lucky to put food on the table, and keep my car from getting repo'd. Info I felt I should keep personal, because I know how this forum is...and well, it's personal.

Yes, I am part of other forums, and only one have I stuck around on. None of them were ever just to get sticks. That's whatever though

So, straight up....my debt for the world series contest goes out today. If ya'll want me to just go, I'll go. I've been here for a year, I thought I could at least deserve someone approaching me with an issue before we resort to public flames. It's whatever though
  • Options
    The only question begged here is how you could be this oblivious. Not even a little "You know what, I get it, I see how I came across that way, I'm sorry." Just plain defensive and blaming us for your ignorance.

I started going back through your history because I was gonna bump all the times you sent red flags off in my head, had about 6 or 8 in just your first couple hundred posts and then decided screw it, you do it if you want to.

Sorry to hear you're down on your luck, but maybe you take in all aspects of your life, and maybe this is something you should look at more globally, and maybe if you start giving more than you take, your life will get better. Or maybe not, maybe I'm an @$$hole for even saying it.

You got bombed and sponsored for trades and entered contests and I don't remember a single new boots thread reciprocating any of that, not just in kind with cigars, but even in spirit. I remember only you building a chat room because this forum, for all its generosity and kindness, wasn't up to your tech standards.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    The only question begged here is how you could be this oblivious. Not even a little "You know what, I get it, I see how I came across that way, I'm sorry." Just plain defensive and blaming us for your ignorance.

I started going back through your history because I was gonna bump all the times you sent red flags off in my head, had about 6 or 8 in just your first couple hundred posts and then decided screw it, you do it if you want to.

Sorry to hear you're down on your luck, but maybe you take in all aspects of your life, and maybe this is something you should look at more globally, and maybe if you start giving more than you take, your life will get better. Or maybe not, maybe I'm an @$$hole for even saying it.

You got bombed and sponsored for trades and entered contests and I don't remember a single new boots thread reciprocating any of that, not just in kind with cigars, but even in spirit. I remember only you building a chat room because this forum, for all its generosity and kindness, wasn't up to your tech standards.
    First, I must say I do apologize. That came off way more defensive that it was intended. That's not the way it was meant.

Please don't begin to judge me, and how I live my life. Can you honestly say you have any idea about me or who I am? How I live my life?

I did get bombed, I made some trades, etc...you're right. Early on, I did send out some bombs. Tried to make some trades lean more heavily to the other guys side. Took no Cigars out of a pass, because I had none to replace them with. Then *** hit the fan for me....I even took a break from the boards for a while, because I knew stuff would keep coming, and I couldnt even think about sending anything out.

The "Social Club" was not even close to being made, because this place isn't up to my tech standards. It was made to be a secondary portion of this forum. A live chat option. I love this place, I really do...and I am sorry I've offended so many people, but I truly had no idea.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the bridge builders when you need them?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:

Since I have been on this forum I have seen from time to time a "new" guy make some bad/questionable/self serving/bad offers/nu-called for and totally UN-necessary posts. It was with swift and terrible reply's that ended said posts. The self policing of this forum has always impressed me.

I have also seen apologies made from long standing members that have always been accepted and everyone moved on, that has also impressed me.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    Ken Light:

First, I must say I do apologize. That came off way more defensive that it was intended. That's not the way it was meant.

Please don't begin to judge me, and how I live my life. Can you honestly say you have any idea about me or who I am? How I live my life?

I did get bombed, I made some trades, etc...you're right. Early on, I did send out some bombs. Tried to make some trades lean more heavily to the other guys side. Took no Cigars out of a pass, because I had none to replace them with. Then *** hit the fan for me....I even took a break from the boards for a while, because I knew stuff would keep coming, and I couldnt even think about sending anything out.

The "Social Club" was not even close to being made, because this place isn't up to my tech standards. It was made to be a secondary portion of this forum. A live chat option. I love this place, I really do...and I am sorry I've offended so many people, but I truly had no idea.
    Don't mean to judge, just trying to put pieces together. If you mean what you say, stick around. Things'll get right if they're going to, that simple.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boots, I think in large part you're missing the point.

Bombs are bombs and anyone who sends a bomb expecting it to be paid back also misses the point. I will readily admit that I have been bombed more frequently and with better sticks than I have had to the ability to repay. For example, I've has the ability to tray several cc thanks to this forum and I have four opus x (and many more amazing sticks) on my humidor thanks to the generosity of this forum. And while only others can judge my success I do my best to give back. I took on the lottery, and went on an All American Bombing run, and created a silly little tread called 30 Sticks I'm 30 days.

I think what people notice about you is that you take and take and don't give much much back to the forum. I can't find the post right now but I recall several months ago you posted several times that you dint have a punch cutter (or some other cutter, I can't remember) and as I recall someone sent you one. Then recently on another forum you posted something like "I don't have a v cutter so a my cuts re punch :-(" This kind of things comes off as disingenuous. And I think you know it. On another forum after posting that you were sad you didn't win a lighter you admitted that you were "a weasel's weasel."

And then there was Rains pass and the if you Served pass. If you know it is coming to you and you don't have the resources to send it back than pull out of the damn pass. It's that simple. And I know you had a couple of people, myself include, that offered to pay for the postage and you refused. What's up with that?

I suppose there are few people that want to see you go but I think the rest of us want you just approach this forum with a little more integrity, a little more collaboration, a little more sharing. We all know you just won a box of jeckels. Here is an idea: why don't you send to some to your forum brothers who might not have the resources to buy one for themselves. I bet they would even pay for postage.

please forgive the typos, typing on my phone...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Well, im on mobile now also, so this may stay a bit shorter than it could be.

I think for one, my sense of humor gets the best of me. I swear to all of you that I've never said anything (IE the cutter) with the intent of being bombed one. I do see how it came off that way however. If I made numerous comments like that, im sorry. As far as the other forum you spoke of, the was purely in jest.

Rains pass was a debacle, 100%. The Served pass however, was sent out and was out of my hands.

I do in fact have a few things planned. I have been slowly getting some things together for a (small) run of bombs.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I think there is some good advice above about giving second chance's. I personally believe him when he says he has fallen on hard times and I has kept him from being active on the forum for a while. Just something else to consider, I said I thought he sent me some cigars and sure enough, he sent me my first welcome package. I dug through my Photobucket and had to go 11 pages back but I found the pic I originally posted on this forum.

photo IMG_5256.jpg
  • Options
    Like FireRob, I'm a believer in second chances. Boot's sense of humor and banter has been enjoyable to me. If he has made mistakes, join the crowd. Don't know the circumstances. My thoughts, address the issues you are aware of, and let the hall monitors deal with the rest. Be aware you are being watched and move forward. Jay, I hope you stick around. You have been square with me so thanks.

......Just saying.....
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Like FireRob, I'm a believer in second chances. Boot's sense of humor and banter has been enjoyable to me. If he has made mistakes, join the crowd. Don't know the circumstances. My thoughts, address the issues you are aware of, and let the hall monitors deal with the rest. Be aware you are being watched and move forward. Jay, I hope you stick around. You have been square with me so thanks.

......Just saying.....
    +1 to each of these.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    and let the hall monitors deal with the rest. Be aware you are being watched and move forward.

......Just saying.....
    Hall monitors watching you, huh? Get f*cked, @$$hole. You don't know the first thing you're talking about. If you think looking out for brothers is hall monitoring, you can kiss my @$$. You have NO F*CKING CLUE how much this place and these people mean to me, and to each other, if you think we should just let each other get taken advantage of and do nothing.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    and let the hall monitors deal with the rest. Be aware you are being watched and move forward.

......Just saying.....
    Hall monitors watching you, huh? Get f*cked, @$$hole. You don't know the first thing you're talking about. If you think looking out for brothers is hall monitoring, you can kiss my @$$. You have NO F*CKING CLUE how much this place and these people mean to me, and to each other, if you think we should just let each other get taken advantage of and do nothing.
    That escalated quickly
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Ken Light:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:

......Just saying.....
    That escalated quickly
    Nah, that's still pretty tame for people from NY/NJ.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    Ken Light:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:

......Just saying.....
    That escalated quickly
    WOW yea it did. Maybe there is some bad blood here I don't know about?

Ken, I truly share your sentiments about us (the forum as a whole) being family and not wanting to see any one taken advantage of, so I get your frustrations. Again I don't know all the details of everything and here laitly I don't read every single post like I used to so I am certain there is lots I have missed, not to mention anything that happened before I joined. Is it possible you miss under stood BDR's comment? I did not take his comment as an insult to anyone here and that pointing out those potentially trying to take advantage of any one of us as a bad thing. I actually think the way he worded it, I interpret it that the "hall monitors" are doing their job protecting us.

That's just my thoughts

Hopefully last I'll say in this thread is this. Bootsie's, comments sure do come off as asking but it's up to those with the goods to decide if they want to send him something or not. Warnings can be given to both parties but who's to say what if someone still wants to mail a package? I am willing to think the "begging for bombs" is just a misunderstanding of his way of communicating. I know I always have a hard time expressing my real thoughts and opinions when typing them out and think I am often misinterpreted.

I'll end with the words or that Rodney guy in Cali. "Can't we all just get along?". (hope someone sees my attempt at humor here)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Seriously Rob? A joke? This is serious. Like level 45 Paladin serious.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Seriously Rob? A joke? This is serious. Like level 45 Paladin serious.
    Your going to have to explain the "level 45 Paladin" thing to me.

"A joke" you in reference to the Rodney King thing? Yea I am that guy who when the president comes to town to give a speech about the end of the world that is in the back of the room letting out a big fart. I can't help it, to me it's the best time to be funny.

I was trying to be serious the rest of it. I like Ken and I like BDR and just want my patents to stay happily married

Oh and I don't want to see my long lost cousin (boots) shipped off to reform school for something I just don't understand.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Ken Light:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:

......Just saying.....
    That escalated quickly
    I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:

......Just saying.....
    Ok I have just stayed out of this pretty much, I have never traded with Boots, but some if my close brothers on here have, I've listened to them so honestly if he has done them wrong, I wouldn't mess with him. But after reading this Ken, we have never had a problem before, we have played poker and have talked numerous of times, I think u misunderstood BDR, he never gives his opinion around here, and is always been a great guy, I have much respect for him, I can see where u may be offended by his comments if you took them as bad, but I truly think he was just saying he has never had a problem with Boots. Now, telling him to get fvucked , and calling him a a-hole, that there Ken is so wrong, the man is allowed to have his his opinion, he never used profanity to anyone or pointed the finger at anyone, just like u have the right to your opinion, but keep it classy, no room here for the words u said, that truly pisses me off. I will leave it at , if u have a problem with what I said, pm me, no more trash thrown out there. Let's be adults. If u don't like what I have said fine, that's your right, but keep it real and in pm's or text.
  • Options
    Misunderstanding? Have you ever heard 'hall monitor' as a good thing? No, I don't think so. 'Hall monitors' are the NARC's, the rats. Too harsh? Nah. He's welcome to call me a rat? If it's his opinion? Fvck no. Well, he is, but he's getting hit back.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know I think this entire topics been beaten to death at this point. It's a cigar forum and at the end of the day for the most part we really are all friends here so let's just let this die. I'm reminded of an old Pink Floyd song... "Come in here dear boy and have a cigar, you're go go far, you're going to fly high, you're never gonna die, you're going to make it if you try; they're gonna love you."

Lets all take a step back and smoke a damned cigar and let it go already.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Look, guys, I've been silent about lots of "BOTLS" that have disappeared around here and people got screwed in the process. I hate that. That eats away at me. I should have said something more publicly, or more directly to Boots even, earlier. But I've been called out for talking too much too publicly in the past and didn't want to go through that again. I hate that I did that. It kills me. Then I speak back up here because it's eaten at me too damn long and this fvcker has to go and start in on people watching and monitoring. Hell yes I'm watching out, hell yes I'm monitoring. If you don't like that, I'm going to stop caring about that, because I care more about the people I'm looking out for than your dumb @$$. And your'e not entitled to the opinion that I'm a "hall monitor" or that stuff should be "handled privately" because the result of that opinion is that BOTLS here get screwed to make your time here a bit more comfy. That's indefensible to me.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Let it go? If i was not on my phone, a youtube video of that song from frozen would be here
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Let it go?
    Fixed
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Look, guys, I've been silent about lots of "BOTLS" that have disappeared around here and people got screwed in the process. I hate that. That eats away at me. I should have said something more publicly, or more directly to Boots even, earlier. But I've been called out for talking too much too publicly in the past and didn't want to go through that again. I hate that I did that. It kills me. Then I speak back up here because it's eaten at me too damn long and this fvcker has to go and start in on people watching and monitoring. Hell yes I'm watching out, hell yes I'm monitoring. If you don't like that, I'm going to stop caring about that, because I care more about the people I'm looking out for than your dumb @$$. And your'e not entitled to the opinion that I'm a "hall monitor" or that stuff should be "handled privately" because the result of that opinion is that BOTLS here get screwed to make your time here a bit more comfy. That's indefensible to me.
    Bro no offense, and I mean this: No 1 here said anything about u, and certainly no 1 here made u a hall monitor, a rat or whatever term u wanna use. Bottom line this started between some botl having a problem with boots, and some defending him, which is fine, maybe he has screwed over some brothers and hurt feelings, maybe he has been a loyal botl to others, they have the right to voice there opinion, that's what this place is. Just like u do, BDR never called u or anyone out, but u took it upon yourself to go ape *** and be super cop here and go way over the top disrespectful, it's 1 thing to voice your opinion and say hey I don't like what u said, or hey what do I mean by hall monitor? Can u elaborate please? Wouldn't that been more civil or take it to a pm. No u had to go and disrespect a man who u, me or anyone here truly don't know what he ment. Which for that Ken, I won't keep quiet. U can say all u want that's what he ment towards u fine, but to curse Someone out, and go of the deep end, was wrong, be mad at me fine, it doesn't matter. You can respond however u want hopefully it's more civil, but really Ken, if u have a problem with me standing up for a brother pm me. I won't comment anymore. Like I said I haven't dealt with Boots, but I do have eyes.